Wisconsin is the most fun ship I've played in years

BCGrog

Yes, I whaled it. I can't help it, I'm a greedy slob. 😁

That aside, I've been having a blast wrecking bots in Asymmetric battles and a few randoms. 

The shells are held together with ballistic duct tape and every salvo scores great hits.

It sits lower in the water than her sisters so the citadel is at or below the water line, so I find myself fearlessly pushing in where I would be terrified to do with Missouri or Iowa.

The heal is fantastic and the funny button works well.

Some comments I've heard are that it's too powerful and I don't agree. 

The Tier 9 Iowa class has been power crept big time over the past few years with very few counters to all the newer ships and their funny buttons and BB's every where with 457's and up. I think WG balanced it perfectly for Tier 10 play where she has to slug it out with much more powerful ships and Tier 11's.

I only hope they don't hit it with a nerf bat.

But they usually leave dockyard ships alone in that respect, considering the effort that goes in to get them if you grind them out, or what some of us jump the queue to pay for them.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BCGrog said:

That aside, I've been having a blast wrecking bots in Asymmetric battles and a few randoms. 

The shells are held together with ballistic duct tape and every salvo scores great hits.

It sits lower in the water than her sisters so the citadel is at or below the water line, so I find myself fearlessly pushing in where I would be terrified to do with Missouri or Iowa.

The Tier 9 Iowa class has been power crept big time over the past few years with very few counters to all the newer ships and their funny buttons and BB's every where with 457's and up. I think WG balanced it perfectly for Tier 10 play where she has to slug it out with much more powerful ships and Tier 11's.

But they usually leave dockyard ships alone in that respect, considering the effort that goes in to get them if you grind them out, or what some of us jump the queue to pay for them.

Thoughts?

ban? no, wg exactly knows what to nerf but they dont want to. They just ban then in CB, so I expected them to ban him in CB and thats it

13 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

Thoughts?

Congratulations on your new Wisconsin.  🙂 
I hope they don't hit her with a nerf-bat whammy, either.  🙂 

Posted (edited)

As I mentioned before I think this ship in particular will be "Balanced by playerbase" which means it will be broken/OP in the hands of a capable/skilled/experienced player who times these OP dispersion AP salvos right and has a good management of using the combat instructions, but for most sailing this ship in the future who will hope its "gimmicks" will counter their own lack of the forementioned things, will end up in the bottom of the score screen. 

Just like subs. You rarely see them in the middle of the score screen, they are either last in the score (died 3 min in "Just push W!!") or at the top with 200 000+ Damage, 3 caps and 3500 Base XP.

I think it will be a good "Carry the team" ship and I cant wait to use my Halsey captain on it for even more Buffs. I dont think they will ever nerf this ship at all, it will get naturally restricted to those who grinded the event, just like OP DD Benham.

This is the first time grinding the Dockyard for the price. I did it because I had gotten the WV 44 before and the reports from streamers that it was quite "doable" without any purchases. I continue my strict policy in not supporting WG any longer.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

As I mentioned before I think this ship in particular will be "Balanced by playerbase" which means it will be broken/OP in the hands of a capable/skilled/experienced player who times these OP dispersion AP salvos right and has a good management of using the combat instructions, but for most sailing this ship in the future who will hope its "gimmicks" will counter their own lack of the forementioned things, will end up in the bottom of the score screen. 

Case in point! Wisconsin in Gold league Ranked "Gotta push W !!!!!" 

A bot would have played that ship so much better, and that's saying something regarding the playerbase. I dont even think he turned once during entire battle, just full sent it full engines straight ahead .... into torps ..... into Harugumo .... into some more torps ...... into 2 fire spamming cruisers ....

I wouldn't mind if this guy played Operations, Asym, Coop .... I wouldn't mind at all. But having these kind of players on my team at all times at T10 and in Ranked Gold league when im a competitive guy who actually play to win ..... well I have some issues.

Also, the reason why I haven't touched Ranked in about 5-6 years. This guy made it to Gold league just by clicking the "Battle" button enough times.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube