When the hunter becomes the hunted

Frostbow

Posted (edited)

That moment when a sneaking submarine cannot escape his impending death.

Heil, Siegfried!

image.thumb.png.f1e1fcdb1312c8d766bf2cea58e22f9d.png

image.thumb.png.cfb9f836e4200a8e8fc60bf24e1a7022.png

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

That moment when a sneaking submarine cannot escape his impending death.

Heil, Siegfried!

image.thumb.png.f1e1fcdb1312c8d766bf2cea58e22f9d.png

The submarine was less than 2 km away.  It's torpedoes could not arm, thus couldn't harm you.
Seems more like "shooting fish in a barrel", to me.
But, credit where credit is due, you had to get your ship into that position and gain the advantage somehow (prior to the start of the video).  🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The submarine was less than 2 km away.  It's torpedoes could not arm, thus couldn't harm you.

Yes, of course.

55 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It seemed that way because you only saw the juicy part of the hunt.

We were facing 4 reds on that flank: a Lepanto, Santander, Atago, and the U-190. The surface ships were attacking us from separate locations, deftly using island cover, while the sub went silent and undetected. Very much a good play on their part—pin us down with crossfire while the sub stealthily moves to the rear of our line. I knew I have to use Siegfried's durability to position closer and hunt the sucker.

The hunt went for a couple of minutes as the surface ships battled it out. After I got their Santander, I knew the enemy submarine should already be near and will attempt to sneak past our picket line. I predicted the sub will go from B8 → C10 → D/E10. 

I activated Siegfried's hydro, and true enough, the U-190 was close enough for a dagger to kill! 😂

image.thumb.png.5ab95f77a65ddcd73538f86705cffe1d.png

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, credit where credit is due, you had to get your ship into that position and gain the advantage somehow (prior to the start of the video).  🙂 

21 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Yes, of course.

It seemed that way because you only saw the juicy part of the hunt.

We were facing 4 reds on that flank: a Lepanto, Santander, Atago, and the U-190. The surface ships were attacking us from separate locations, deftly using island cover, while the sub went silent and undetected. Very much a good play on their part—pin us down with crossfire while the sub stealthily moves to the rear of our line. I knew I have to use Siegfried's durability to position closer and hunt the sucker.

The hunt went for a couple of minutes as the surface ships battled it out. After I got their Santander, I knew the enemy submarine should already be near and will attempt to sneak past our picket line. I predicted the sub will go from B8 → C10 → D/E10. 

I activated Siegfried's hydro, and true enough, the U-190 was close enough for a dagger to kill! 😂

Yes, I only saw what you showed in the video.
I made the leap of intuition that the fighting beforehand led to being in that position of advantage.

Tagging @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube because your paragraph depicting the clever play by the 'Bots is relevant to his other inquiries about 'Bot behavior and targeting priorities expressed in another topic.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 9:29 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I made the leap of intuition that the fighting beforehand led to being in that position of advantage.

I predicted the enemy sub will go from B8 → C10 → D/E10, rather than B8 → C8/9, because our Gearing was guarding those grids two grids at C. We did not know he was already successful in breaching our rear—he was already at E9 when he was sunk—and was probably trying sneak past us, until my hydro became active. 😄

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 8:35 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

How ironic. 😆