Golden Week

S7CentNickel

Bless me father for I have sinned. 

I spent some dubs on the golden week grind, of course I earned back my dubs & a few other items, so it was a pretty good deal!  I hope they continue this method of missions!

• Like 4

I've completed the four Golden week tasks available to me, today, and earned enough points to reach Stage 20.  Yay.  🙂 

I was lucky enough to get the doubloons track, and complete it, so my expenditure of doublons was reimbursed and I've 'broken even'.
And now I have a Tier-7 ecnomic bonus package that can be linked to a compatible ship of my choosing.  🙂 

• Like 4

I finished two days ago and now it's earning the additional rewards..... 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

I spent some dubs on the golden week grind, of course I earned back my dubs & a few other items, so it was a pretty good deal!  I hope they continue this method of missions!

I didn’t throw down for it. I had 3500 doubloons, and it was an either/or, between this and the starter pack for the dockyard. If I spent the 2500 doubloons here on the Golden Showers Week, I wouldn’t have gotten them back in enough time to be able to put them toward the dockyard starter pack.

I just couldn’t get stoked for a “pay-for” grind event where the primary prize at the end of the grind was…what you paid to access the grind.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Like 1

Wut.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

And, that is what our host counts on:  frustration and the dragging out of a simple concept so badly, it drives some players crazy and they'll pay to do something for free....

Works everytime.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

damn I like that Japanese female captain

edit: btw who is she? cartoon character or ?

Edited by Wulf_Ace
  • Like 3

Just been slowly getting the extra stage progression after completing it... go to the wishing wharf with my 100 tokens expecting yet another set of green boosters or similar. Instead I get ship! I'll take a T9 ship with pleasure. Definitely beats the T8 bonus package which was the main value of the paid pass at face value. And of course the disclaimer... YMMV, RNGesus giveth and taketh. And with WeeGee its mostly taketh.

Chikuma2Get.jpg

• Like 8

On 5/3/2024 at 2:59 PM, S7CentNickel said:

I spent some dubs on the golden week grind

I no longer get tempted by WG offerings. I refer you to the infamous saying "Beware Greeks bearing gifts".

On 5/4/2024 at 5:55 AM, Utt_Bugglier said:

the Golden Showers Week

Was it 'Stormy'?

• Haha 1

If you complete the pass its free. So if you have the dubs already in your account its a free pass, who wouldn't take it?

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I no longer get tempted by WG offerings. I refer you to the infamous saying "Beware Greeks bearing gifts".

Was it 'Stormy'?

Didn’t participate, wouldn’t know.

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

If you complete the pass its free. So if you have the dubs already in your account its a free pass, who wouldn't take it?

One answer already offered in a post further up.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mashed68 said:

There were two randomly assigned paths for this Battle Pass.  One was a 100% doubloon reimbursement, the other was 1/2 doubloon reimbursement but an extra coal payout.  I got the latter.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

There were two randomly assigned paths for this Battle Pass.  One was a 100% doubloon reimbursement, the other was 1/2 doubloon reimbursement but an extra coal payout.  I got the latter.

Same... all working as intended, of course..

image.jpeg.8de47c9e4b408cbd24f5b2be1fe2dab9.jpeg

• Haha 2