Blast From The Past For You Dockyard Fans

tm63au

Yes its time to go down memory lane for those Veteran Gamer's and the newcomers to dockyard who are finding the endless grind to much.

Yes WG wants you to get 500 fires with ships that only have AP rounds 

Get 100 torpedoes with Dutch cruisers

Shoot down 200 planes in NON AA ships

For those who need some inspiration for the dockyard

THE FOREFATHER OF ALL DOCKYARDS

KamR.thumb.jpg.0d27b52ff56224e4e2a0d3dfc50a3360.jpg

KamR1.thumb.jpg.a11a38f9e4f2d516a3627f461bfd8abb.jpg

So get out there fellow gamer's grab your favourite AP only ship and burn those REDS to the waterline and start collecting those PEARLS. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"This is a unique opportunity ..."  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nah c'mon the missions have always been possible. Like ram 5 french destroyers with battleship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Yes WG wants you to get 500 fires with ships that only have AP rounds 

Get 100 torpedoes with Dutch cruisers

Shoot down 200 planes in NON AA ships

Perhaps instead of being terminally cynical, you could have posted the actual things players back then were asked to do. 

51 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Like ram 5 french destroyers with battleship.

I ram-killed a Haida with my Nelson once. In its smoke.

In the same battle I also rammed a Baltimore, but I took a heavy hit just before the ram and didn't have enough health to survive that one. It's a pity, because two die-hards in the same ship in the same random battle would have been quite the achievement!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Bored 1

That event was where I got my Kami R. There was also an event for Fujin. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I vaguely remember an event with Kamikaze R as a reward when I very first played the game. (It was on my WoT account, I didn't play much of the game before deciding it was too slow and boring. I came back with another account much later...)

There was something about picking a side between fire and water. Each team scored points (How, I don't remember. Maybe with fire/flooding damage?) and the wining team was awarded the Kamikaze R. Maybe?

Ah I found it: it was the clash of elements in april 2017 https://wargaming.com/en/news/wows-clash-elements/

You were rewarded "coins" upon doing damage, wining games etc, and you could exchange the coins for the Kamikaze R, among other things.
Looking at my results today, I'd say a good player might have had to play 20-30 high tier battles per day, every day, for 3 weeks.

According to this reddit thread, Project R was a walk in the park in comparison.

I didn't pay much attention at the time. I had been regretting not taking part in it since I came back, but now looking at the requirements to get the Kamikaze...

Yeah, no regret.

As for Project R, I looked it up, and while I didn't find any detail about the missions, I mostly found people very happy about the event, and cheering about getting the Kamikaze "easily".

Soooo... Project R was actually good?

Edited by Viridem
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I honestly dont remember where i got my Kami R, I know I didnt buy her that much I am sure of as she was removed already before I joined the game, I got a Gremy from a Santa Crate few years ago but Kami I dont recall, might have been the R project i guess...

Edited by Yedwy

On 5/3/2024 at 10:47 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Killed a Shimakaze in its smoke with Musashi. That was funny.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yedwy said:

I honestly dont remember where i got my Kami R, I know I didnt buy her that much I am sure of as she was removed already before I joined the game, I got a Gremy from a Santa Crate few years ago but Kami I dont recall, might have been the R project i guess...

A search of WOWS Numbers is no help with your Kami R, as your milestones list of ships acquired and great things done only goes back as far as November 2016.

However, it does show the "vanilla" Kamikaze dropping into your port in early 2018:

image.png.788b63c2968ffdb9325071ed27086f42.png 

Given some of the other ships that appear on the same day, my guess would be "Santa crate".

• Like 1

I remember some ire from the player base on Project R's initial release.  Players on the game forum went into a bit of a rage over it.  I was pretty sure WG would fix the issue, and a week or so into it they did, which made Kamikaze R pretty easy to get.

@tm63au's first screen capture was probably the "correction."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

A search of WOWS Numbers is no help with your Kami R, as your milestones list of ships acquired and great things done only goes back as far as November 2016.

However, it does show the "vanilla" Kamikaze dropping into your port in early 2018:

image.png.788b63c2968ffdb9325071ed27086f42.png 

Given some of the other ships that appear on the same day, my guess would be "Santa crate".

Hmm strange though, I am pretty sure I bought Cesare outright in the prem shop... Anyway doesnt really matter

26 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Hmm strange though, I am pretty sure I bought Cesare outright in the prem shop... Anyway doesnt really matter

Oh, it was still available then? Hmm, in that case I stand corrected. But the conjunction of ships on the same date certainly did look suggestive. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:
On 5/3/2024 at 10:47 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Killed a Shimakaze in its smoke with Musashi. That was funny.

These ^^^^ kinds of shenannigans never seem to get old.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:05 PM, Yedwy said:

Yeah, I don't remember when I got mine either.  I do know I already had Fujin, so I didn't feel a need to have the ship, but I ended up with one anyway.