Does the new WOW Bots..

WES_HoundDog

Posted (edited)

have viewable profiles?

I was just in a tier 6 match loaded with tier 5 ships and i swear almost all of the enemy acted like bots.

I just got 150k in a Huanghe with 28 citadels in a battle that lasted under 9 minutes.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These days we call it AI.

image.jpeg.2adac4b8b98e154f31c90d8273a87174.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

have viewable profiles?

I was just in a tier 6 match loaded with tier 5 ships and i swear almost all of the enemy acted like bots.

I just got 150k in a Huanghe with 28 citadels in a battle that lasted under 9 minutes.

Sigh.  This is a mature game mate with a stalled population.  If the corporation wants to "fill the holes" just to keep the lights on, that is their prerogative.

An example:   several years ago, we saw the MM bug where the MM was creating 1x8 or 2x7 matches a lot in COOP.  You never knew when and that made taking non-OP ships into COOP "problematic" - IF - you wanted to keep a win rate advancing !!! 

In the past two weeks,  guess what:   the exact same thing is happening in NA Server during NA Prime Time....  How???  The answer is that there simply aren't enough players anymore:   in the past,  you'd never expect to see 1x8 or 2x7 matches in NA Prime time hours !   And yet, here we are !!!

Welcome to the new reality.  

So, if our host wants to "create" BOTs to make it look like we are a "healthy game" or to "keep the lights on", isn't that their right?  As a customer, if this bothers you, it's your right not to play PVP or the game..... 

We are at the  'end of days'  in that we are a mature game in a very, very small niche market...  The divorce recently hurt them pretty bad I suspect.... 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

have viewable profiles?

That's what I'm assuming too. In Randoms, also high tiers, Ranked and Brawls. Strange names and profiles and acting like bots in COOP or Asym. Often using ships they don't own ... seen several times in Ranked and particularly in Brawls. 

2 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

That's what I'm assuming too. In Randoms, also high tiers, Ranked and Brawls. Strange names and profiles and acting like bots in COOP or Asym. Often using ships they don't own ... seen several times in Ranked and particularly in Brawls. 

Clan or clanless, any recollections on that?

14 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

have viewable profiles?

Congrats on your fine performance.

I'd be surprised if the official World of Warships 'Bots had public profiles we could easily view.

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Congrats on your fine performance.

I'd be surprised if the official World of Warships 'Bots had public profiles we could easily view.

They got official bots even?

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

They got official bots even?

Due to the proprietary nature of WG/WOWs programming and internal record-keeping of confidential employee and 'Bot "A.I." files, I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not World of Warships uses 'Bots they created or uses 'Bots supplied by third-party vendors.  😉 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Due to the proprietary nature of WG/WOWs programming and internal record-keeping of confidential employee and 'Bot "A.I." files, I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not World of Warships uses 'Bots they created or uses 'Bots supplied by third-party vendors.  😉 

Just look for it in the Modstation.  If they are offering it there, then you know it's perfectly fine to have in the game.

😁

MK had announced plans to introduce bots into higher tier Randoms with “normal” player names.

No such plans were announced for WoWs. While they certainly could have clandestinely introduced bots to pad the servers, I’m more inclined to believe these types of observations are just the continued fruits of the playerbase rework.

5 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Just look for it in the Modstation.  If they are offering it there, then you know it's perfectly fine to have in the game.

😁

really-seriously-meme.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

really-seriously-meme.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

So I have been told many times.  

What if all those mods in Modstation reached critical mass for the inception of self-awareness and now prowls about the game seeking revenge upon its creator?  Could we not be looking at the early stages of robot armageddon?  And they look like us now ...

We're doomed!  Doomed I tell you!!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

have viewable profiles?

If we’re going to associate players performing poorly, low stats, or a general disregard for game mechanics as proof of bots with player names, several of us here are bots then.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

So I have been told many times.  

What if all those mods in Modstation reached critical mass for the inception of self-awareness and now prowls about the game seeking revenge upon its creator?  Could we not be looking at the early stages of robot armageddon?  And they look like us now ...

We're doomed!  Doomed I tell you!!

c7d1f0eb50716b1f8b4e77649204adaeb8310929

• Haha 1

Sometimes also "belonging" to a clan. Everything must look perfect.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sometimes also "belonging" to a clan. Everything must look perfect. That's what I have seen.

• Like 1

ive noticed over the past 2 years   . if you view a players profile   now and again  you might find old accounts  with little game play on them and ive wondered if WG has been reactivation old accounts no one uses any more just to keep up the numbers because some of them play like BOTs so are they being  A.I controlled ?????

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Asym said:

Sigh.  This is a mature game mate with a stalled population.  If the corporation wants to "fill the holes" just to keep the lights on, that is their prerogative.

The point of my post wasn't to say Wargammign is filling their game with bots in the so called pvp arena.   We already know that from anyone who has played tier 5 and below. I'm just trying to see if their is any way to tell if a ship was played by a wging (New) bot or not possibly by looking at their profile page.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

ive noticed over the past 2 years   . if you view a players profile   now and again  you might find old accounts  with little game play on them and ive wondered if WG has been reactivation old accounts no one uses any more just to keep up the numbers because some of them play like BOTs so are they being  A.I controlled ?????

image_2023-08-30_235611557.thumb.png.5d76fb5fcc7a9879a404a3445b72b154.png  

1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

The point of my post wasn't to say Wargammign is filling their game with bots in the so called pvp arena.   We already know that from anyone who has played tier 5 and below. I'm just trying to see if their is any way to tell if a ship was played by a wging (New) bot or not possibly by looking at their profile page.

I doubt it..... They own the code.  They can make a bot look like an actual player and have real data for those whom are curious.  They could do anything they wanted to "dilute the game's earning..." or, to speed the games up, or.......  Without seeing the code......there's little to know.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 5:37 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Don't you really mean, Clue or 'Clueless'?  😁

• Haha 1