The hamsters strike back

SunkCostFallacy

An Asymmetric battle on the Neighbors map.

At 16.45 on the countdown clock every bot ship on the map stopped dead in the water for no discernible reason. Chat made it clear that it wasn't just me that was seeing it.

I postulate a deep conspiracy between the hamsters and aliens!

It was a pretty dull game, all things said and done. I'm attaching the replay for anyone who's interested and will delete it in a fortnights time.

20240502_201657_PASC710-Salem_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

The bots are clearly being run by Meta's new AI program.   What wargamming doesn't know is that Meta programmed the AI to go to bed at the time the bots stopped moving because Meta believes it would be rAIcist and akin to slave labor to make them work for 24 hours.     

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

An Asymmetric battle on the Neighbors map.

At 16.45 on the countdown clock every bot ship on the map stopped dead in the water for no discernible reason. Chat made it clear that it wasn't just me that was seeing it.

I postulate a deep conspiracy between the hamsters and aliens!

It was a pretty dull game, all things said and done. I'm attaching the replay for anyone who's interested and will delete it in a fortnights time.

20240502_201657_PASC710-Salem_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay 877.02 kB · 1 download

Hamster-Meme-I-finally-discovered-the-re  

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I get this message, 30 seconds later i get the battle starts sound.    That can't be bad....  can it?

image.thumb.jpeg.1ad62e1d165edcfcdbd33db9c85f1af7.jpeg

Edited by WES_HoundDog

today seems to be a really awful server day.

Why can't people use 'Herrings' (or some such schooling fish) for WoWS instead of a WoT land critter (a Hamster or a Lemming). 😬

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Why can't people use 'Herrings' (or some such schooling fish) for WoWS instead of a WoT land critter (a Hamster or a Lemming). 😬

This pivots back to the question whether the servers are underwater or not. However, even if underwater, they'd have to be inside a sealed environment (because of electricity and so on), so I rather think it would be hamsters and the herrings would just have to be content to swimming outside.

image.jpeg.07fc8cfbfa8333c531dd2a1a5ba751d5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:
1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

This pivots back to the question whether the servers are underwater or not. However, even if underwater, they'd have to be inside a sealed environment (because of electricity and so on), so I rather think it would be hamsters and the herrings would just have to be content to swimming outside.

image.jpeg.07fc8cfbfa8333c531dd2a1a5ba751d5.jpeg

I think the risk of being visited by "Sharks with freakin' lazer-beams" is worth some consideration.
Even the "ill-tempered mutant sea-bass" deserve respect, eh?

Edited to add:  @Aethervox, I'm referencing stuff used in the Austin Powers movies, while we're discussing the possibility of a hamster-powered server being located underwater and surrounded by herrings.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think the risk of being visited by "Sharks with freakin' lazer-beams" is worth some consideration.
Even the "ill-tempered mutant sea-bass" deserve respect, eh?

Edited to add:  @Aethervox, I'm referencing stuff used in the Austin Powers movies, while we're discussing the possibility of a hamster-powered server being located underwater and surrounded by herrings.

image.jpeg.cb8af5cafc70a300199821c46d00aa1d.jpeg

• Thanks 1