Aand we have a new aiming "bug" aka Wedgie is on it again :( .....

Andrewbassg

As per the title. Manifests itself  in form of first shots on a target - braindead dispersion. Change target - repeat itself.  Stay on target - is  better. Only manual relock "solves" the issue, so it seems to be a composite problem. Many times, i have at close range disp that just brackets  dd dimensions (!!!). On a Nevsky (!!!)

AND independently, since my server issues,

....the aimimg become completely unpredictable.

IDK what the ..... they are doing.

• Like 3

Maybe a server issue, some clansmates report that it doesn't happen on the playtest realm. But who knows. Aiming is screwed in fifty different ways and wargaming doesn't seem to care. The only solution is to throw a wall of shells at the enemy as often as possible.

49 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Maybe a server issue, some clansmates report that it doesn't happen on the playtest realm. But who knows. Aiming is screwed in fifty different ways and wargaming doesn't seem to care. The only solution is to throw a wall of shells at the enemy as often as possible.

Well.......

Aiming-bug.png

Aiming-bug-2.png

....that's NA. Training battle, first shots, 1 screen in the air second howz they landed.....Smile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Here's the replay.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X5OC9AIIPdNWsmFqwMc195AAJQcCBTBv/view?usp=drive_link

When you see the disp grouped ..... that's the norm for this ship.  Autolock only.

Aimimg-bug.png

280  out of 420 fired. That's unacceptable for not moving targets, for this ship.

Playing fom EU on NA I have around 100 ms lag. On EU I have around 25-35. Yet it manifests in the same way.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

I've been seeing unusual dispersions bracketing my targets also.

• Like 1

If I didn't know better I'd say WG were fiddling with stuff in real time.

I played several Asymmetric games yesterday in my GK. They were spread out, sporadically, over approximately 12 hours.

In the morning I was getting the expected impacts on close (in the same half of the cap) broadsides. Then in the late afternoon I was getting weird issues where the same aim against the same ships at the same distance were dropping short. Then in the evening just before the end of the WoWS day it was back to normal.

Note - being in Australia and playing on the NA servers that means I was playing from early evening through peak time and then to the wee small hours ... so the 'weird' period was probably about 2 to 5 am server time, and happened through multiple matches.

I'm NOT inferring anything ... just reporting my observations. Frankly I don't even know if WG can tweak that sort of thing real time, that's just what it felt like.

• Like 2

Is there no end to aim bugs in World of Warships? Or is someone on the inside trying to justify their employment by not fully eliminating the fleet of bugs present in the game?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

As per the title. Manifests itself  in form of first shots on a target - braindead dispersion. Change target - repeat itself.  Stay on target - is  better. Only manual relock "solves" the issue, so it seems to be a composite problem. Many times, i have at close range disp that just brackets  dd dimensions (!!!). On a Nevsky (!!!)

Yeah I noteiced it too, annoying af but hey WG will prob soon say its actually a feature and very popular so its here to stay, added ralism and all that u know... Couse WG loves RNG

• Like 1

I'd say this issue might be somehow related to the bug that Flolo went ballistic about (pun intended) in the video below:

Nevsky has fore and aft superfiring turrets, so she is definitely affected by this bug. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Apparently this as well?

*Sorry, just now saw the previous post*

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

280  out of 420 fired. That's unacceptable for not moving targets, for this ship.

Uhm...why?

Given the size of the target, the dispersion at that range and the downward component to the shell velocity (which reduces the target's "shadow" on the dispersion ellipse), just how many were you expecting? 10% more? 20%? 50%?

Either its every update there is a bug created WG or there is one common bug that its takes like 6 to 9 months before WG will admit it or fix the bug. What happened to the QA push that WG did 2 years ago? Where is the integrity of the company? 

58 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Uhm...why?

Given the size of the target, the dispersion at that range and the downward component to the shell velocity (which reduces the target's "shadow" on the dispersion ellipse), just how many were you expecting? 10% more? 20%? 50%?

Coz the angle didn't remained the same, ended up parallel to them. Nor the distance. And this is Irian with "soviet" guns...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Either its every update there is a bug created WG or there is one common bug that its takes like 6 to 9 months before WG will admit it or fix the bug. What happened to the QA push that WG did 2 years ago? Where is the integrity of the company? 

Started happening like 2-4 days ago.

4 hours ago, 100 Krakens said:

Nevsky has fore and aft superfiring turrets, so she is definitely affected by this bug. 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Apparently this as well?

Yeah I had a discussion with him about this a couple of days ago.

Flamu-disc.png

...about this...

....but in the end he did confirmed it by testing against the superstructure.

Edited by Andrewbassg

1 minute ago, Andrewbassg said:

Started happening like 2-4 days ago.

Maybe the latest round of it. This stuff (aiming) has been going on since update 10.0. With each update there is a broken element within WoWS on one thing or another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Is there no end to aim bugs in World of Warships? Or is someone on the inside trying to justify their employment by not fully eliminating the fleet of bugs present in the game?

Atm are 3-4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Maybe the latest round of it. This stuff (aiming) has been going on since update 10.0. With each update there is a broken element within WoWS on one thing or another.

Was talking specifically about this bug but yeah there are like 3-4 of 'em atm.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Was talking specifically about this bug but yeah there are like 3-4 of 'em atm.

I may have found another one.  The ships in my carousel vanished or it was displaying my 38 vacant port slots.  A simple restart of the game cleared it up.  I'll be filing a ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I may have found another one.  The ships in my carousel vanished or it was displaying my 38 vacant port slots.  A simple restart of the game cleared it up.  I'll be filing a ticket.

After navigating the Player support, I was able to send a ticket that I can't find the place to let them know about a bug.  I have a screenshot ready to send but I don't know where to send it.  I go through this frustration every time I try to send a ticket.  The categories from which to choose never seem to cover my issue. (end of rant)

image.thumb.png.f6ec7cd4153264f14aaac49b67fa1c25.png

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

After navigating the Player support, I was able to send a ticket that I can't find the place to let them know about a bug.  I have a screenshot ready to send but I don't know where to send it.  I go through this frustration every time I try to send a ticket.  The categories from which to choose never seem to cover my issue. (end of rant)

You have to do it through Discord now from the looks of it. There is a section just for Bug Reports. BugReports.thumb.png.f4816029aa2a8dd55eecc008d14bf6dc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

You betcha !!!

It has to do with the introduction of subs....  It seems there are "Calculation zones" where you have to aim "way over the target" to even get close....  If there is a sub in that target box, that is when this bug seems to sprout up.........especially, if the target group is near an Island.   It's like the geometry goes nutts when the sub hugs the Island and the closest ship is extremely hard to hit....    I haven't been able to get a screen shot yet (being one handed makes it really hard to hit that one small key fast enough !) and I will keep trying.

There is an open ocean aiming bug as well that seems to be in "specific places"........like "dead patches" of water....  That one is not terrain associated and it makes your aiming reticle look like it has Parkinson's....  Again, it's too fast for me to capture.  Twice today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Yes, there is no end and most games go through these types of bugs as they expand content. 

If I were guessing, it's the complexity of adding the Fourth Dimension (Depth (subs) & Height (planes) to to the battlespace engine to process... Remember,  we saw BOT subs and ships getting stuck on Islands or colliding in groups in open water....  The math and calculations that animates all of that is massive; and, it seems "buggy.."

2 minutes ago, Asym said:

Yes, there is no end and most games go through these types of bugs as they expand content. 

If I were guessing, it's the complexity of adding the Fourth Dimension (Depth (subs) & Height (planes) to to the battlespace engine to process... Remember,  we saw BOT subs and ships getting stuck on Islands or colliding in groups in open water....  The math and calculations that animates all of that is massive; and, it seems "buggy.."

If I heard it correctly, the current version of the 'aim bug' happens when you are aiming at ship near or beside an island? Not really knowledgeable about code and bugs but what is hilarious is the persistence of it.

I remember there was a thread in the old forum that discussed and highlighted aim bugs. I forgot the OP's name but his post was not given enough attention. I remember because I also experienced it first hand. Those instances where shells land short of their intended destination were simply too obvious and too numerous to ignore. The dismissive attitude of a WG CM and the reaction of the usual player-defender vaporized when Flamu reproduced the bug on his live stream, not just once, but over a span of days. 

These days I just shrug it off; my old jaded eyes wouldn't notice it as much as it used to, only because there is simply too much RNG involved. One moment, I play the Republique in Asymmetric, and the dispersion is decent; I click Battle On to play another round, and now the dispersion of Republique's shells cannot even hit the broadside of a Hawke at 6 kilometers. Same map. Same spawn position. Amazing consistency. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Flamu-disc.png

..but in the end he did confirmed it by testing against the superstructure.

So its basically just WeeGee Spaghetti coding then?

4 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

11 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Remember, we haven't seen att the new "fresh" bugs WG will implement with their upcoming changes to EVERYTHING regarding CVs and AA and different altitudes for this and that. 

YARN | It'll be glorious! | Old School (2003) | Video gifs by quotes |  e315c0a5 | 紗

Bugs Bugs Everywhere. Learning from the small losses | by Jordan Ferguson |  Medium

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Remember, we haven't seen att the new "fresh" bugs WG will implement with their upcoming changes to EVERYTHING regarding CVs and AA and different altitudes for this and that. 

Exciting times ahead! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1