Australian Captain Voices

Nautic_Hunt

Has anyone noticed that the Australian ships Capt. voices sound like they're handicapped?

*what the doodle* WG, you could have used Rodney Rude or KBW for the voices but no, we get Donald Downs.

• Like 1

The Australian captains sound like an American imitating a New Zealand accent. The Starfield game has the same trying-to-be Steve Erwin/Paul Hogan generic.

Aussies and Kiwis KNOW this sounds strange, just ask us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Has anyone noticed that the Australian ships Capt. voices sound like they're handicapped?

*what the doodle* WG, you could have used Rodney Rude or KBW for the voices but no, we get Donald Downs.

They Have Aussie voice overs !!! news to me of course I believe you but WOW, maybe they should have gotten " the twelfth man " doing a Richie Bernard or Bill lawry impersonation.

• Like 2

We have 'Australian' voice-overs done by non-Australians? Outstanding! I look forward to experiencing the majesty (and having a good laugh)...

I have most of the new Commonwealth ships, but haven't been paying attention to the voice-overs (and/or mine may well not be approximate Australians).

If they don't sound like the 'Australian Philosophy Department' Python sketch, I'm going to be very disappointed...

• Haha 1

Not every Australian speaks with a particularly pronounced accent, at least if they working on the radio or TV. Don't know how the situation is 'on the ground', of course. There's the joke about an Aussie soldier waking up in a hospital asking 'Doctor, was I brought here to-day?'... you can guess what the joke is about.

Paul Hogan was excellent in the Fistful of Ravioli.

• Haha 1

A ship captained by Sir Les Patterson (Australian Cultural Attaché) would also be most satisfactory... 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

While the "Australian accent" may or may not be everything that everyone wants, I'm still glad that the Commonwealth ships have been introduced into the game and that there are at least some sort of *attempts* at making the Commonwealth Commanders sound appropriate.
Imperfect?  Perhaps.
Better than none at all?  Yes, I'm going with that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Not every Australian speaks with a particularly pronounced accent, at least if they working on the radio or TV. Don't know how the situation is 'on the ground', of course. There's the joke about an Aussie soldier waking up in a hospital asking 'Doctor, was I brought here to-day?'... you can guess what the joke is about.

Paul Hogan was excellent in the Fistful of Ravioli.

Paul Hogan- A Fistful of Ravioli

😄 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

No, I haven't noticed that and I lived there for the first 40 years of my life.

Still, I remember a poem from my youth, author unknown: "Australian born, Australian bred; long in the legs, short in the head." 😜