Are" Research Points" now only available via ship line resets (i.e. IIRC we had small amounts available regularly via other means as well)?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Are" Research Points" now only available via ship line resets (i.e. IIRC we had small amounts available regularly via other means as well)?

Leo "Apollo11"

We used to get them in the battle pass, Something like 3× 400RP & it's predecessor the monthly mission of >do 25/50/75< mission or something like that.

As is evident, WedGie thought this to be too generous and that new cosmetics only Permament Camouflages shall be good enough filler to replace them.

Edited by aleksi111
Clarification
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I received Research Points from supercontainers last year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

We used to get them in the battle pass, Something like 3× 400RP & it's predecessor the monthly mission of >do 25/50/75< mission or something like that.

As is evident, WedGie thought this to be too generous and that new cosmetics only Permament Camouflages shall be good enough filler to replace them.

That is so cute, you saying that WeeGee "thinks" in any form or fashion.

Smile_trollface.gif.1bddd7d4c71d2a180663758f7d679c62.gif

• Haha 4

I just got some RB points in an SC at then end of the daily awards just the other day.

• Like 2

Hi all,

1 hour ago, aleksi111 said:

Thanks!

So that was what I remembered...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

WG made a deliberate decision that all RP that wasn't supercontainer RNG-dependent would henceforth be obtained only by resetting lines. Evidently they figured that their initial generosity was being overgenerous.

Context: if a player hypothetically regrinds the Harugumo line every night to the third daily crate or 37,000 ship XP, forsaking all else until this is done, they can regrind it in 19 days. This is roughly four resets per season, for a total of not less than 50,000 RP (assuming you don't reset the lower-RP-valued CV or SS lines).

A mediocre result with blue boosters in ranked or randoms can accomplish this level of XP in TWO BATTLES per night. I invite @Lord_Zath to chime in with just how quickly he's been able to go from Hashidate to Harugumo when he really puts his shoulder to the wheel, as I know he's done the grind many, many times already. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

WG made a deliberate decision that all RP that wasn't supercontainer RNG-dependent would henceforth be obtained only by resetting lines. Evidently they figured that their initial generosity was being overgenerous.

Context: if a player hypothetically regrinds the Harugumo line every night to the third daily crate or 37,000 ship XP, forsaking all else until this is done, they can regrind it in 19 days. This is roughly four resets per season, for a total of not less than 50,000 RP (assuming you don't reset the lower-RP-valued CV or SS lines).

A mediocre result with blue boosters in ranked or randoms can accomplish this level of XP in TWO BATTLES per night. I invite @Lord_Zath to chime in with just how quickly he's been able to go from Hashidate to Harugumo when he really puts his shoulder to the wheel, as I know he's done the grind many, many times already. 

Overgenerous? For whom?

The context you provided is theoretically possible but realistically unlikely, even extreme, just to illustrate the questionable point that WG is being overgenerous on Research Points. Moreover, citing @Lord_Zath as your example is also highly questionable because he is a well-known and well-respected professional who plays the game (perhaps for a living) consistently, and not an average World of Warships player (like many of us) who does not have the same, or even a fraction, of time available for playing.

All the changes WG has made to the game economy, Research Points included, has so far consistently shown a deliberate increase in requirements for free premium ships—while at the same time shining a bright light on various monetized (and also deliberately obfuscated and convoluted) ways to escape the grind. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So they wanna sell boosters then, in other words.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So they wanna sell boosters then, in other words.

They want to sell a remedy for your impatience. No impatience, no sale.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

They want to sell a remedy for your impatience. No impatience, no sale.

But it sure helps with sales if you first boost the impatience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

But it sure helps with sales if you first boost the impatience.

Impatience is a function of the individual. The only one capable of giving in to it is you. 

"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded." 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Impatience is a function of the individual. The only one capable of giving in to it is you. 

"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded." 

There you have it. WG up to their dirty Jedi tricks again.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

There you have it. WG up to their dirty Jedi tricks again.

Stop blaming factors outside yourself. YOU are the Jedi here. 

Research Bureau

The Research Bureau provides a way for highly accomplished players to earn ships otherwise unobtainable, and have some fun doing it.
They can reset progress on a tech tree ship line back through Tier II and re-earn the ships all the way up to Tier X, earning valuable points towards those special ships.  ...

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Stop blaming factors outside yourself. YOU are the Jedi here. 

This is not the fight I am looking for. *Waves hand*

image.jpeg.d07945d6c04fff9a93df8eb05d96a3de.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 4/30/2024 at 2:36 AM, Volron said:

That is so cute, you saying that WeeGee "thinks" in any form or fashion.

Smile_trollface.gif.1bddd7d4c71d2a180663758f7d679c62.gif

WG does think...a lot.

The problem is that their ideas aren't good.

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This is not the fight I am looking for. *Waves hand*

image.jpeg.d07945d6c04fff9a93df8eb05d96a3de.jpeg

What WG folks havent realized is that most people react to decreasing value propositions with a simple decision not to buy.

Game population has been stagnant or falling for years...but WG folks still believe they don't have to change up their failing strategy.

I'd bet when the population gets tired and abandons the game...the WG folk will blame anyone but themselves for WGs failure to offer a good product.

• Like 6

Exactly as Dadiel here nailed it

WedGie thinks, no corporation would grow as large and long-lived as they if they didn't think.

The issue being their thinking/motivation/cost-vs-benefit/Reward-vs-Value calculus are different from ours

...and that they have gotten more misery over the years, while some of us old schoolers still remember the olden times with easy-ish missions for things like ARP Myoko's/Kongo's and even Takao that even full on F2P player like I could do (excluding Nachi)

Or Kamikaze-R back when it was downgraded Minekaze ...I remember the shenanigans WedGie tried to back out of that promise when they realized they had badly underestimated how many players would collect the required 250 Pearls

And how community raised stink and forced WG to honour the promise instead of making it lottery with fixed amount of ships

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 12:04 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

as long as you had 5 T10 ships in your port did you then get  access to RB points  . then they added them to the battle pass just like @aleksi111 had mentioned  , and that gave everyone access  . if lucky you could land around 75 RB points in a supercontainer ( very rare). the cheapest line to free exp back up quickly was the japanese harugumo line (roughly around 500k free exp's )

when you reset a line your captains go into reserve ( if you had enough vacant places) any signals and camo went back into your inventory , any upgrades for your ships you bought for coal  or RB points (unique upgrades ) also went into your inventor.

also your ship upgrade equipment went into your inventory to be reused  .

please note though when resetting you only got half the value of your ships in credits back  ( but will have to buy them back at the full price ) 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 2

Hi all,

4 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

as long as you had 5 T10 ships in your port did you then get  access to RB points  . then they added them to the battle pass just like @aleksi111 had mentioned  , and that gave everyone access  . if lucky you could land around 75 RB points in a supercontainer ( very rare). the cheapest line to free exp back up quickly was the japanese harugumo line (roughly around 500k free exp's )

when you reset a line your captains go into reserve ( if you had enough vacant places) any signals and camo went back into your inventory , any upgrades for your ships you bought for coal  or RB points (unique upgrades ) also went into your inventor.

also your ship upgrade equipment went into your inventory to be reused  .

please note though when resetting you only got half the value of your ships in credits back  ( but will have to buy them back at the full price ) 

I am resetting ship lines for years now (usually my German original DD line = Z-52)... 🙂

But there were other sources or "Research Points" regularly available (small albeit regular)... now they are not... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have never reset a line. I had built up enough RB points to get the unique upgrade for the gouldeen lelow or however you say it [golden lion rawr!]

I didn't expect to never get RB points again without resetting lines, so now the Ohio looks like its still years away from obtaining. Le sigh. 

Edited by mashed68
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

I have never reset a line. I had built up enough RB points to get the unique upgrade for the gouldeen lelow or however you say it [golden lion rawr!]

I didn't expect to never get RB points again without resetting lines, so now the Ohio looks like its still years away from obtaining. Le sigh. 

It took me years to accumulate enough R.B. points to welcome the Illonois to my port.  
I haven't reset a line, yet.  Just earned points here & there.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 10:50 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Please keep in mind I have over 1k blue boosters and I'm not afraid to use them! Generally, I FXP to the Tier 6 Hatsuharu and grind her in Ranked if possible. Takes like 3-4 games. Shiratsuyu takes 5-6. Akizuki about 7-8. Kitakaze around the same number. Keep in mind I FXP the B hull and torpedo upgrades.

On 4/30/2024 at 11:21 AM, Frostbow said:

Overgenerous? For whom?

The context you provided is theoretically possible but realistically unlikely, even extreme, just to illustrate the questionable point that WG is being overgenerous on Research Points. Moreover, citing @Lord_Zath as your example is also highly questionable because he is a well-known and well-respected professional who plays the game (perhaps for a living) consistently, and not an average World of Warships player (like many of us) who does not have the same, or even a fraction, of time available for playing.

All the changes WG has made to the game economy, Research Points included, has so far consistently shown a deliberate increase in requirements for free premium ships—while at the same time shining a bright light on various monetized (and also deliberately obfuscated and convoluted) ways to escape the grind. 

Thanks and you are 100% correct. The boosters and experience I have playing the ships give me an edge in XP earnings. So take the numbers I put above and multiply by 2.5-4 and that's probably a good estimation.

I'll be announcing something really fun this Friday which can illustrate the power of blue boosters vs in-game experience... be sure to join the stream!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

What WG folks havent realized is that most people react to decreasing value propositions with a simple decision not to buy.

Game population has been stagnant or falling for years...but WG folks still believe they don't have to change up their failing strategy.

I'd bet when the population gets tired and abandons the game...the WG folk will blame anyone but themselves for WGs failure to offer a good product.

Damn it, I accidentally replied without fully replying.

Personally I wouldn't say falling, but definitely stagnant.  For example, they could've created so many different Operations utilizing the ships that have appeared, and modified to the current Operations to utilize the ships that have appeared as well (think adding some Italian ships to Newport for example).  They were lazy when they made changes to Operations, what with simply adding a few numbers to various stats.  It's quite frankly infuriating how they are so damn lazy.

Edited by Volron

4 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

So take the numbers I put above and multiply by 2.5-4 and that's probably a good estimation.

Nope.

Wildly optimistic.

• Thanks 1