T3 Cruiser Kolberg

Aethervox

What 4 pt Cpt skill is recommended first? CE or IFHE? Which would be better to start with?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aethervox said:

What 4 pt Cpt skill is recommended first? CE or IFHE? Which would be better to start with?

Hi

I'm not in game at moment so cant give the correct name but 9 times out of 10 I go for concealment skill, i need those extra km to creep in and try to unleash a torpedo salvo.

There is another couple of level 4 skills I use but I think they are for higher Tier ships 

regards 

5 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I have a question is this captain going to be for the entire Hindenburg line or just for the tier 3?

Kolberg isn't one of the stronger Tier III cruisers and is regularly mauled by St. Louis/Bogatyr in open waters.  Kolberg captains are a breed apart. They become expert at using their mobility and island cover over which they can fire those high, looping low-caliber shells. Her rate of fire and speed makes her a very good DD hunter.

Of course, Kolberg lacks torpedoes. All she has is her speed and her DPM. I would go first with Top Grade Gunner as a 4 point skill to maximise her DPM and second with Concealment Expert. At this lower tier, Concealment Expert is somewhat less compelling as a choice than at a higher tier. The maps are really small and things tend to get up close and personal quickly. IFHE would be a controversial and possibly unwise choice for this ship. She already pens 26 mm of armour, useful at this tier and she is a reasonable firestarter. Her base fire chance of 6% mightn't seem much, but is very significant when one considers the sheer volume of shells she puts out with her 4 second reload.

Kolberg and her sister ship the Dresden at Tier 2 can both be a lot of fun. Dresden at Tier 2 is the stronger ship, tier for tier, to be sure. Good luck!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

just for the tier 3

27 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Ahh well then you I would say go TGG. Concealment doesn't really matter but what does matter is dakka dakka. 

• Thanks 1