Worth getting Lanta for the upcoming D Day event?

Andrewbassg

Have some dubs lying around and was wondering....... Have a fair amount of T7's buut ..... she has radar. And a bit better range than Flint.

• Like 1

I have yet to regret having the Atlanta in my Port. 
The "summer / palm-tree" camouflage looks wonderful on her, too, in my opinion.  (I earned the camo during a summer event a few years ago.)

For main-gun hits and setting fires mission tasks, she's great.
Given her light cruiser hull, fast-firing guns, some torpedoes and her consumables, she's a versatile 'bote.

• Like 2

The Tier VII tech tree US light cruiser is more than sufficient for job. Unless one is looking to grind credits, then premium will be a better return. 

• Like 1

why for event?! pvp baby etc_red_button.gif... must have for anyone who's into cl's.

in b4 "meta". lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Have some dubs lying around

Since I'm strictly FTP (due entirely to what Wedgie has done (& not done), I save my doubloons on both EU & NA for some premium that I might buy in future.

Edited by Aethervox

I found Fiji adequate for the Utah Beach operation, but Atlanta is still a nice addition (but not absolutely necessary for the op.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

And a bit better range than Flint.

The extra range Atlanta has over Flint is a bit of a situational advantage considering the shell arcs. I would argue the more relevant advantage (at least regarding gunnery) is the higher DPM (the extra two barrels per side and the faster reload).

As to whether it is worth picking up solely for the event… as someone who usually plays the PTS regularly, I find it hard to justify spending real money/doubloons on tier VII or tier V ships because of the premium containers available in the Armory for community tokens. I have all the available tier five ships and once I get WV in the dockyard will have all the tier VIIs, but I can count the ones I paid for on one hand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the responses. A bit of disclosure

T7-TT.png

T7P.png

These are the T7 ships (cruisers) which I have. So its not like I need her, buuut...... I don't have her. If  you understand what I mean.....

4 hours ago, MrWastee said:

why for event?! pvp baby etc_red_button.gif... must have for anyone who's into cl's.

in b4 "meta". lol.

IF we click, obviously will use her elsewhere 🙂  it is a sorta excuse.. For PvP I reach for Weimar, or Schors or Gorizia, depending on the mode.

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Since I'm strictly FTP (due entirely to what Wedgie has done (& not done), I save my doubloons on both EU & NA for some premium that I might buy in future.

Metoo, the dubs are free money 🙂 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

on the PT server ive seen atlanta's and helena's  in the battle 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

on the PT server ive seen atlanta's and helena's  in the battle 

And how they performed? vs other ships lets say, tho.....its obviously the capt....

11 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Have some dubs lying around and was wondering....... Have a fair amount of T7's buut ..... she has radar. And a bit better range than Flint.

I'm pretty frugal with my WoWs spending. I can't imagine buying a T7 cruiser with doubloons specifically for operations, but I neither play Tier 7 nor Operations. At the end of the day, only you can really say if it's worth or not. I have her B version and it's a strong ship for sure, but definitely needs above average aim to succeed with.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

And how they performed? vs other ships lets say, tho.....its obviously the capt....

pretty good at catching the small schnell boats

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

I'm pretty frugal with my WoWs spending. I can't imagine buying a T7 cruiser with doubloons specifically for operations, but I neither play Tier 7 nor Operations. At the end of the day, only you can really say if it's worth or not. I have her B version and it's a strong ship for sure, but definitely needs above average aim to succeed with.  

you could spend 168,000 coal  for flint instead then 

• Like 1

Just now, Gaelic_knight said:

He already owns Flint. I won't because I don't play tier 7. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

The Atlanta, the Flint and the Chumphon are variations on the theme of H.E. spamming "Firewyrms".  🙂 

The Atlanta is premium, the Flint is available for coal and the Chumphon is a Pan-Asian tech-tree ship.

THE 13TH WARRIOR (Jerry Goldsmith - 1999) : "The Fire Dragon"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

[...]

IF we click, obviously will use her elsewhere 🙂  it is a sorta excuse.. For PvP I reach for Weimar, or Schors or Gorizia, depending on the mode.

[...]

53 Weimar 7 Germany 16 56.25% 1 788 62 893 0.88 2
9 Shchors 7 U.S.S.R. 61 54.1% 1 161 34 935 0.98

14 Gorizia 7 Italy 1 100% 1 612 41 311 1 4

.... atlanta....

17 Atlanta 7 U.S.A. 310 71.94% 2 347 46 088 1.11 3.41

cap_hmm.gif.... guess my choice is clear lol (schors matches are aeons ago)... anyways: atlanta playstyle differs kind of a lot from these 3. while they're kinda closer together as a whole in difference to atlanta.

*4thelulzedit, regarding modes ^^: most played ship in ranked (only play bronze since league system)...

Spoiler
1 Atlanta 7 U.S.A. 234 63.25% 2 669 55 001 1.2 2.43

Edited by MrWastee
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 Atlanta 7 U.S.A. 310 71.94% 2 347 46 088 1.11 3.41

Noice!

*4thelulzedit, regarding modes ^^: most played ship in ranked (only play bronze since league system)...

I was  referring to Brawls or Ranked, not really playing randoms, unless mission or Naval battles and then T8+

Gorizia was/is a beast  in reduced  like 3v3  modes .In Ranked on certain map layouts deemed Shchors  a better choice over Weimar, because of her range, which is contrary to the "current"  "rush-in meta"  (better called 404 error, lulz) giving time to stayin alive. Since cruisers got frakked by the consecutive  buffs to babbies, I prefer to keep a bit of distance from em. I mean..... not like  Cl's were particularly survivable under or ~10 km' s anyhow, buut..... the pain is real.

I suspect that Lanta is all about getting close to caps , radaring 'em lolibotes and then sending 'em to Davy Jones. I mean in PvP, so I'm curious about her efficiency in this event. I'm mildly OCD about using the most efficient ships, in the most efficient ways,  lolz ....   

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Noice!

[...] I mean..... not like  Cl's were particularly survivable under or ~10 km' s anyhow, buut..... the pain is real.

I suspect that Lanta is all about getting close to caps , radaring 'em lolibotes and then sending 'em to Davy Jones. I mean in PvP, so I'm curious about her efficiency in this event. I'm mildly OCD about using the most efficient ships, in the most efficient ways,  lolz ....   

thx 46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif. erm, as long it is a (non italian lol) bb under 10km: oh yep, the closer the better ^^.... the higher the tier the better as well ^^ 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif. no armor is best armor not is a myth. and close-up islands are even better armor on top lol...

don't ask me bout pve. all i can say is that, given from my experience in randoms and ranked on it: get it anyways and try to get a hang on it. at least if u're into cl's... i'm sure it shreds in pve ^^

Edited by MrWastee
  • Thanks 1

Having played the op on PTS, Atlanta is probably one of the best cruisers for the event. Although I'm not really sure getting Atlanta just to farm a temporary op for 4wks would be a great use of doubloons though, especially if you already have Flint or Boise. 

• Like 1

Aand....

LAnta.png

...there she is 🙂 

On 4/29/2024 at 4:58 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

The "summer / palm-tree" camouflage looks wonderful on her, too, in my opinion.  (I earned the camo during a summer event a few years ago.)

I like the Blue Steel camo myself, (pictured) even over MS-21, for both USN and  RU ships :)

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 6:58 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I have yet to regret having the Atlanta in my Port. 

That "Blazing Tropics" camo is currently available in the Armory for 8000 Community Tokens. If you have the Atlanta, that camo is a no-brainer IMHO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Aand....

LAnta.png

...there she is 🙂 

I like the Blue Steel camo myself, (pictured) even over MS-21, for both USN and  RU ships :)

Congratulations.  🙂  

Did you say "Blue Steel"?  Does that come with Jamie Lee Cutis as a bonus Commander?  😉 

Blue Steel  (1990)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099160/

• Haha 1

I couldn't guess which ship is Lanta. Means manure in finnish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, tangofan said:

That "Blazing Tropics" camo is currently available in the Armory for 8000 Community Tokens. If you have the Atlanta, that camo is a no-brainer IMHO.

You mean......"Scapa Flow with bloody palm trees" ?? 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

Royal Navy officer talking about the BPF anchorage at Ulithi