I AM CURSED!!!!

AdmiralThunder

I can not win in WV44. I am bottom tier vs T9 in 90% of games on HUGE maps and it seems like game after game it is a steamroll or my team throws the game. 2 more games just played. Both bottom tier and on huge T10 maps. 1st place and 2nd place losses. One a romp by the reds and the other we threw it away. Gets so old.

I struggle with the ship's speed and gun range to even get in the fight some games although eventually I get there. I play a lot of KGV and do really well in it so I can play T7 BB just fine but man I struggle to win in WV44. Even when I play well in it the results don't feel like enough and like I can swing a game back around that is slipping away (and clearly it isn't/I can't) unlike any other BB I play. I try and position so I can cover 2 caps (so basically split the space between them) and I don't hide. I get stuck in. But nothing helps.

I like the ship. I don't think it is bad. But oh man I just can't do anything with it. And even though I am doing my part I can't buy a win. I am 4-11 in it now. FOUR and 11 and have lost SEVEN in a row. I have no other BB worse than a 50% WR but man it is rough in this one. I am almost 10K above server avg so it isn't like I do nothing. My overall WR is tanking because of it and it is getting so bad with its own WR I wonder if I will ever get it to at least 50%?

Sorry had to rant.

• Like 7

I.... I thought you played Coop?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I.... I thought you played Coop?

Mostly. I play Randoms a little since 2021. Had 170 games prior to Aug 2021 when I started playing Randoms a bit. Now I have 1736. 1736 was yet ANOTHER loss in WV44. 76K 2 Kills CQE 1st Place and again bottom tier on a big map (at least only bottom to T8's LOL).

So frustrating.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Mostly. I play Randoms a little since 2021. Had 170 games prior to Aug 2021 when I started playing Randoms a bit. Now I have 1736. 1736 was yet ANOTHER loss in WV44. 76K 2 Kills CQE 1st Place and again bottom tier on a big map (at least only bottom to T8's LOL).

So frustrating.

I think over time I've come across different opinions about high tier play. I've shared those different opinions myself too. T9 for, for instance, is kind of a dividing line there. It's basically been that T9 has been the ideal tier to play, or that's it's been a terrible tier to play being bottom tier in tier X (now essentially tier *) matches.

Also, some T9's are very good... When you get into that environment in a tier 8 ship then... just how good is that WV44?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I think over time I've come across different opinions about high tier play. I've shared those different opinions myself too. T9 for, for instance, is kind of a dividing line there. It's basically been that T9 has been the ideal tier to play, or that's it's been a terrible tier to play being bottom tier in tier X (now essentially tier *) matches.

Also, some T9's are very good... When you get into that environment in a tier 8 ship then... just how good is that WV44?

Not good enough it seems (in my hands anyway). And it is T7 not T8 if you meant that.

• Like 2

The slower the ship the more you are at the mercy of your team and enemy mistakes. There is a reason I like to play in a division when going for T7 romps, because at least at that point generally you have enough tools on a flank to make a good show even if the rest of the team flails like a headless chicken. Plus with a div in T7s more likely you get at least mid-tiered instead of a bottom tier T9 focused match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

snip

Sounds like you are playing it how I would approach it.

I just unlocked it this week. But only played it in asymmetrics. It's a beast in asymmetrics, carry boat.

In randoms though, I agree, I think it's too slow. 21 knots is too slow vs T9 ships and the larger maps. Georgias are going 40 knots doing circles around it. 

Ill give it a shot after asymmetrics are over. But I dont expect it to shine in that tier spread in randoms (except top tier, then I bet its decent enough).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I can not win in WV44. I am bottom tier vs T9 in 90% of games on HUGE maps and it seems like game after game it is a steamroll or my team throws the game. 2 more games just played. Both bottom tier and on huge T10 maps. 1st place and 2nd place losses. One a romp by the reds and the other we threw it away. Gets so old.

I struggle with the ship's speed and gun range to even get in the fight some games although eventually I get there. I play a lot of KGV and do really well in it so I can play T7 BB just fine but man I struggle to win in WV44. Even when I play well in it the results don't feel like enough and like I can swing a game back around that is slipping away (and clearly it isn't/I can't) unlike any other BB I play. I try and position so I can cover 2 caps (so basically split the space between them) and I don't hide. I get stuck in. But nothing helps.

I like the ship. I don't think it is bad. But oh man I just can't do anything with it. And even though I am doing my part I can't buy a win. I am 4-11 in it now. FOUR and 11 and have lost SEVEN in a row. I have no other BB worse than a 50% WR but man it is rough in this one. I am almost 10K above server avg so it isn't like I do nothing. My overall WR is tanking because of it and it is getting so bad with its own WR I wonder if I will ever get it to at least 50%?

Sorry had to rant.

When playing the WV44 you must drink a nice Virginian moonshine and your win rate will sky rocket.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not good enough it seems (in my hands anyway). And it is T7 not T8 if you meant that.

Yes, sorry didn't realize it's T7. That's a big disadvantage, in my book, for any BB to be two tiers down.

That's not how it works. The curse of autoloss only ever applies to specific ships and it has nothing to do with anything rational. I have exactly one game in Delny and I could sense evil at work.

• Haha 4

@AdmiralThunder, I run a dedicated captain on mine - Full secondary build, but I also pigeonholed two points into “Brisk.” And I run the speed flag, too. ~24 knots undetected. Not great speed, but helps with early deployment or repositioning after you go dark - can also help you get into caps later in battles when ships have thinned out.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:26 AM, Utt_Bugglier said:

@AdmiralThunder, I run a dedicated captain on mine - Full secondary build, but I also pigeonholed two points into “Brisk.” And I run the speed flag, too. ~24 knots undetected. Not great speed, but helps with early deployment or repositioning after you go dark - can also help you get into caps later in battles when ships have thinned out.

I have a full secondary build 21pt Capt with Brisk for it. Brisk + flag = 24.3 knots as long as you are undetected. Helps moving up or getting away if needed but any kind of rudder and it really bleeds off speed. Hard to get undetected once you are as well because it slows down so much.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have a full secondary build 21pt Capt with Brisk for it. Brisk + flag = 24.3 knots as long as you are undetected. Helps moving up or getting away if needed but any kind of rudder and it really bleeds off speed. Hard to get undetected once you are as well because it slows down so much.

AT, you are not "cursed".........you simply find the "OMG, what was that........???" before everyone else does...

thanks for sharing "that what lurks in the dark....."

• Like 1

So after NINE losses in a row I finally picked up another win. Haven't even been able to win the rare games where I am top tier. 2 games this morning and game one was T5-T7. We had better ships and it was a promising map but it went south fast. Bunch of yolo morons and 2 ships afk and as usual I wound up alone with 1/2 the reds chasing me. Didn't help that RNG was saying NOPE all game either (bracket after bracket) or that I was constantly bouncing 406MM off 19MM plate that it overmatches (hmmmm.... makes you wonder).  I was my usual 2nd place and had 3 kills, 2 CQE's, a ton of potential as I tanked mid, and a Dreadnought but it wasn't enough. My damage could have been better but that whole RNG thing and not being able to overmatch what I should be able to (and no there were no ice breakers in play I know the ships I was shooting at) played into that.

I should have just quit but it is becoming a pride thing now (ie; I WILL win in this thing). 2nd game was bottom tier AGAIN (I was only T7 then 5 T8 and 6 T9), on a big map AGAIN, and the ship line up did not favor us. But I never quit and did my best as always. Had decent damage this game (93K) and 1 kill. I will take that when bottom tier. I was 2nd place yet again as well LOL (man I get 2nd a lot with this - always just miss out on 1st - missed 1st by 20 BXP). I did my part for sure and my team actually played like a team but it was more the reds kind of threw it really. It's a win and I did ok but doesn't feel great.

This ship is going to be the death of me (and my WR 😞  LOL).

• Like 3

doesnt really matter what you do, you cant carry a game in a BB especially in lower tier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So after NINE losses in a row I finally picked up another win. Haven't even been able to win the rare games where I am top tier. 2 games this morning and game one was T5-T7. We had better ships and it was a promising map but it went south fast. Bunch of yolo morons and 2 ships afk and as usual I wound up alone with 1/2 the reds chasing me. Didn't help that RNG was saying NOPE all game either (bracket after bracket) or that I was constantly bouncing 406MM off 19MM plate that it overmatches (hmmmm.... makes you wonder).  I was my usual 2nd place and had 3 kills, 2 CQE's, a ton of potential as I tanked mid, and a Dreadnought but it wasn't enough. My damage could have been better but that whole RNG thing and not being able to overmatch what I should be able to (and no there were no ice breakers in play I know the ships I was shooting at) played into that.

I should have just quit but it is becoming a pride thing now (ie; I WILL win in this thing). 2nd game was bottom tier AGAIN (I was only T7 then 5 T8 and 6 T9), on a big map AGAIN, and the ship line up did not favor us. But I never quit and did my best as always. Had decent damage this game (93K) and 1 kill. I will take that when bottom tier. I was 2nd place yet again as well LOL (man I get 2nd a lot with this - always just miss out on 1st - missed 1st by 20 BXP). I did my part for sure and my team actually played like a team but it was more the reds kind of threw it really. It's a win and I did ok but doesn't feel great.

This ship is going to be the death of me (and my WR 😞  LOL).

I am sorry it's becoming a "job"......    But, I am confused:  weren't you the "I'll never, ever play PVP" guy???  

AND, now you know why your original stance (PVE only and never divisioning with anyone) makes a lot of sense and is far less stressful........

Edited by Asym

It's possible the Shipyard missions have most of the 'good' players running into Assymeteric and COOP games and you are getting a larger percentage of 'Carry Me Please' players in Random right now.  Then again, it's also possible there are enough good players on the other team that the opposition is taking advantage of the combination of an unfamiliar ship that feels odd and the conditions of Random battles to tip the scales against you.

I will say I always thought the Colorado felt lackluster next to other BBs of the Tier, and I am not too surprised this ship may be having the same issues.  When other BBs get more guns that do the job along with torpedoes, it can be tough to rationalize the higher penetration as enough compensation for the slower speed and only six guns.

Edited by Jakob Knight

Chances are that you weren't topping the board because you did well, but because your entire team was just utterly incompetent.

I couldn't check WV44's armour in-game, but T7 BBs are known to be some of the worst ships to be in when facing uptiers due to armour problems and most being dreadnoughts.

So while you probably put up a fight, your ship itself had no capacity to carry.

Edited by Verytis