FALLOUT 4 - A New Game Patch !

Asym

Well now, it seems the Fallout TV series has sparked a major Update of content in Fallout 4 !   I was loading the game yesterday and low-and-behold, a system level patch started !!!

Well, you'all in short "The Enclave" is BACK !

How, or why , or what this means?  Who the heck knows but............I haven't seen a System patch in years !

• Like 4

I am pretty stoked for the new update, so much so I bought another computer just for the updated game.  I play a heavily modded F4 game and expect most of the mods I use to be broken, some never to be patched since they are pretty old. So I figured I would keep my old Fallout game on one computer, never to be updated and the new game on a fresh computer with updated mods.  Fallout 4 is a good game no doubt but it is the mods that make it a great game.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am pretty stoked for the new update, so much so I bought another computer just for the updated game.  I play a heavily modded F4 game and expect most of the mods I use to be broken, some never to be patched since they are pretty old. So I figured I would keep my old Fallout game on one computer, never to be updated and the new game on a fresh computer with updated mods.  Fallout 4 is a good game no doubt but it is the mods that make it a great game.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me! 

BTW, mu MODs are all working !   The ENCLAVE is Back !   And, so far, I haven't seen a compatibility issue OTHER THAN, how the end-game resolves now that the Enclave in vying for power........????  Railroad - Minute Men - Institute - BOS - and, a possible "joint solution".  I wonder if there is an Enclave ending????

I had a spot of trouble with the update, no idea why. Had to trash & restore the game files, then run the repair under Steam to get the game to start. After, no problems yet so far.

I had other issues though...

Potential spoiler warning

I had to avoid a certain conversation with the proctor, but I would have needed to give him something. I had to use the console to advance two quests to get on with the BoS questline without a) potentially breaking it and/or b) without having to commit to any single faction at that point. (Spoils of War vs. Mass Fusion for those who know).

• Like 1