New ship resources announced

MidnightPhoenix07

Looks like the better ship will be coming for Research Bureau points.

• Like 1

I'm tired of this time and resource consuming research bureau crap.

T10 ship ≈ 60k RB points

60k RB points → 3 resets even with double bonus.

Am I the only one that feels grinding RB points is harder than grinding steel?

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr
  • Like 3

3 resets of the Haru line is 2.1 million FXP/XP, that's a lot of battle time.

12 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/530

Kommissar will be available for steel, Brennus will be RP

Brennus, if I recall correctly, was announced just recently?

No Coal ships announced. I wonder if Rhode Island, Monmouth, will be available for Coal. And RIP FXP ships, Research Reset Bureau it will be, again.

6 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I'm tired of this time and resource consuming research bureau crap.

T10 ship ≈ 60k RB points

60k RB points → 3 resets even with double bonus.

No, I don't think you are the only one. I'm currently grinding RP's myself, and it seems it's not half as much fun as it should be. Well... randoms aren't like they used to be. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/530

Kommissar will be available for steel, Brennus will be RP

Thanks, Midnight. 

As a side note, I just want to say thank you for the work you guys put into our wiki. I took a little break from WoWs and played a few games of WoT, my first WG MMO, and had to use their wiki to refresh my memory. There was a lot of missing information and it looked like they gave up on being a knowledge base.

WoWs does a lot of things right and the wiki is one of them. Please pass my compliments to your team.

Cheers,

Turtle

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm currently grinding RP's myself, and it seems it's not half as much fun as it should be.

I'm almost overwhelmingly a co-op player. I have Ohio, Druid, Vampire 2, Illinois, Hector and Paolo Emilio. All but one of those I did with FXP and double-point resets (I reground the IJN destroyers once for the Vamp 2 and then finished with FXP). 

My secret is this:

1) Wait until the conjunction of back to back double resets, enough FXP (1.4 million) to do the whole thing, and enough credits to fund the buy-back at the end.

2) Be very selective about which ships I get. 

The removal of RP from battle passes means I might get only two RB ships in three years instead of three in two years, but my philosophy on RB purchases means that isn't as important. I don't deliberately go out of my way to get them; I do it when the development of my tech-tree lines and the promotion of my commanders has put me in a position to do so. 

If YOU feel the compulsion to get them all as soon as possible and that is pushing you to overgrind, that's not a WG problem; that's a you problem. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'm almost overwhelmingly a co-op player. I have Ohio, Druid, Vampire 2, Illinois, Hector and Paolo Emilio. All but one of those I did with FXP and double-point resets (I reground the IJN destroyers once for the Vamp 2 and then finished with FXP). 

My secret is this:

1) Wait until the conjunction of back to back double resets, enough FXP (1.4 million) to do the whole thing, and enough credits to fund the buy-back at the end.

2) Be very selective about which ships I get. 

The removal of RP from battle passes means I might get only two RB ships in three years instead of three in two years, but my philosophy on RB purchases means that isn't as important. I don't deliberately go out of my way to get them; I do it when the development of my tech-tree lines and the promotion of my commanders has put me in a position to do so. 

If YOU feel the compulsion to get them all as soon as possible and that is pushing you to overgrind, that's not a WG problem; that's a you problem. 

I don't think I'm overgrinding per se, I mean playing two or three battles a day at best and at least one of those with the 'RP grind ship'. It's just incredibly slow pace, but I'm not in any actual hurry to do it. Then again, back before WoWS got so royally screwed up by WG, I used to pull ten or more battles daily, so there's a difference.

I'm not quite sure would it be possible to rack up XP faster by playing coop rather than randoms, since I'm on a DD it might be more effective.

I accumulate Research Bureau points slowly, as a side-effect of doing other missions & tasks.
So, the only RB ship in my port is the Illonois.  
It's likely to be a long time before I get the chance to welcome another RB ship.

17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I accumulate Research Bureau points slowly, as a side-effect of doing other missions & tasks.
So, the only RB ship in my port is the Illonois.  
It's likely to be a long time before I get the chance to welcome another RB ship.

I only get Illinois after nearly 4 yrs of playing, meanwhile I already have two steel ships and 15k steel in stock (so after several months I'll be able to purchase another one with coupon)

RB is a shitty design inside and out.

12 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I only get Illinois after nearly 4 yrs of playing

What took you so long?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:
49 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I only get Illinois after nearly 4 yrs of playing

What took you so long?

In their defense, they got the Illonois sooner than I did (when comparing the number of years that we've been playing WOWs and the Research Bureau has been in-game).

8 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

I consider RB ships to be considerably more difficult to attain than Steel ships.

3 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

I consider RB ships to be considerably more difficult to attain than Steel ships.

It's completely the other way around for me, because my only reliable sources of steel are battle passes and snowflake season! 

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's completely the other way around for me, because my only reliable sources of steel are battle passes and snowflake season! 

Makes sense. I've spent a lot of time in ranked, so... :classic_laugh:

Steel has got considerable easier to obtain then when it first came out lots of ways to get steel now besides playing clan battles. So Yea I think I have to agree with you it's also a lot less painful to obtain your ship with steel. You just press a button when you have enough steel and your coupon.

You don't have to go through the hoopla of getting all your ships back remounting and playing 5 games in them.   

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

No, I don't think you are the only one. I'm currently grinding RP's myself, and it seems it's not half as much fun as it should be. Well... randoms aren't like they used to be. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

I'm with you and so much so, I've given up even trying anymore.  I just feel "to what end" am I spending this much effort for a PG-13 cooperative shooter - where I might add, the excitement and shine of something new was lost at Update 8.0....

And, I have over 400+ ships........what is offered simply is "white noise" to a non-collector....

RP is a hard pass for me.  The entire game isn't what it used to be......  😥

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, clammboy said:

and playing 5 games in them.

One game in each of six (T5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). A quick co-op game will almost always give you the win you need for that.

3 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Brennus, if I recall correctly, was announced just recently?

It was. Hasn’t even started live server testing yet. I think it’s actually the first time we know a ship’s resource before it starts live testing. 

• Like 1

I don't recall any ship called 'Brennus'. Then again, i don't recall any 'Komissar' either.