Vanguard is not an easy ship to play...

SoshiSone

Here are the top 11 players by number of games played in Vanguard.  I would normally do top 10, but I'm number 11 and well...I like to show off 😋

NewBitmapImage(3).jpg.ad799afb88a3646265839f8cf51eac3f.jpg

I suspect many of these players like Vanguard because it was a real ship.  Not a paper ship. But a ship that actually existed.  Nothing wrong with liking a ship and playing because you like it.

But even WG has stated they designed this ship for veteran players.  They gave it strengths and weaknesses...pluses and minuses.  It takes a pretty good skill level to figure these out and apply them in battle.  Played properly, it's as good as any other T8 BB in the game.  Mano mano, played to its strengths and the weaknesses of its tier competitors, it will win.  On the flip side, played without knowledge of its strengths and without knowledge of the enemy strength, it will not do well.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Here are the top 11 players by number of games played in Vanguard.  I would normally do top 10, but I'm number 11 and well...I like to show off 😋

NewBitmapImage(3).jpg.ad799afb88a3646265839f8cf51eac3f.jpg

I suspect many of these players like Vanguard because it was a real ship.  Not a paper ship. But a ship that actually existed.  Nothing wrong with liking a ship and playing because you like it.

But even WG has stated they designed this ship for veteran players.  They gave it strengths and weaknesses...pluses and minuses.  It takes a pretty good skill level to figure these out and apply them in battle.  Played properly, it's as good as any other T8 BB in the game.  Mano mano, played to its strengths and the weaknesses of its tier competitors, it will win.  On the flip side, played without knowledge of its strengths and without knowledge of the enemy strength, it will not do well.  

If you sort by the battles played of any ship (or in general), you will always find massive potatoes like this. These are the people who do nothing but spam battles over and over again of one ship, playing terribly, and learning absolutely nothing as they rack hundreds of hours in a single ship. There's a number of individuals I can list off the top of my head who do this just from seeing them in game so often. The battle on button has also made this even easier for players like them. 

Vanguard is the California of British BB's. The only people who get it, do so for the name. 

2 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Vanguard is the California of British BB's. The only people who get it, do so for the name. 

Nah, I believe Vanguard is a better T8 than Cali is a T7.