I'm SO close to joining the club.

Col_NASTY

READ THIS FIRST>>> For those who do not know me I post OPINIONS many agree and many don't. You do you.

That said , I do not do the forum back and forth stuff with every poster who parses every word and bit of syntax. There is nothing can be said that I have not heard as excuses .. Manipulated stats and WG " Info " no one can ever confirm because they are not privy to WG server stats unless they work DIRECTLY with WG. Don't people know they would get fired if they did?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's an ever expanding club and I have lasted about as long as I can.

I just can't enjoy Randoms anymore.

CVS?

Dealing with them

Yolo / potatoes throwing games no matter how well YOU play?

Oh well..Part of the game I guess.

Trigger warning....

I just can't pretend Subs are anything but completely ruining the game I knew and actually liked.

Latest "fix" is a joke.  Doesn't matter the new distance because they can still pop up out of NOWHERE.. Especially when you are in a knife fight with another ship or 3 and WASTE you before you even know they are there.

Homing torps??

Ok Sub guys! Since they are so " Fair"  How about DDs get SUB Homing torps that maintain LOCK as long as the Sub is detected?

I bet THAT got some blood pressures up!

How about OUR torps Arm POINT BLANK Too?

U still get to keep the  Sole Ability to DIVE when there is Danger from a CV or SHIP and leave the flank blind as you drop to 30M and run away safely as we get focused.

How about HE can break a SUBS tubes like they often to everyone else's?

There's a  reason why we we see subs topping the boards so often and it's not because they are such great players. It is frankly EASIER ( Very prominent players have already said that honestly.) 

In fact,  if you actually look , MANY Sub players have horrible stats in surface ships and are suddenly AWESOME in Subs.

I remember playing them in testing and thought they would NEVER let these into the game as I was ruining peoples days at will in them. I felt dirty.. but thought NO WAY!!

I have had EPIC fights going on and even the REDS said Great fight until that sub ruined it.

The Game right before the one I played below had 6 Subs, 2 DDS and the rest BBS ( It was just Horrible, A few BBs just walked away and I couldn't Blame them. NOT A SINGLE CRUISER)

Just happened again.  Great fight with another DD. He was Good!.. we had a great back and forth.. even his team was getting a few shots in on me but I was getting close..

UP POPS A SUB at .8KM  I try to avoid it.. It launches a MASS of torps .6km!!!!! They ARM and BOOM! Double flood, everything breaks and I am dead in the water.. passes me then uses the rear tubes to launch more.

e567ie56iw45e6i.thumb.png.4cc006e29073a364cd9f25027a780e16.png

qaewgWE4YHw4yhwe4y.thumb.png.57e827ede471edc0cd2ecc51994496f1.png

Doesn't matter what they did to the range.. if 7 or 8 torps hit you point blank and cause double flood ( don't forget you have to stop those with repair ) You are for sure Dead by the sub or anything else out there ( remember , even if you smoke a sub can still spot u for his teammates and be too close to kill ) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

Ouch.

I feel ya, man.

Sometimes, the only winning move is not to play.

• Like 5

Planes still ruin it more for me.

Lock Yamagiri. 

Planes

Ambush Dalarna with F3's. Cool! 

Planes

Planes

Planes

Planes

Planes

Out of the match with 500 hp but sink Patrie with dumb 20km torp

Planes

Smoke up colbert

Planes, dead

Game lost

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Planes still ruin it more for me.

Lock Yamagiri. 

Planes

Ambush Dalarna with F3's. Cool! 

Planes

Planes

Planes

Planes

Planes

Out of the match with 500 hp but sink Patrie with dumb 20km torp

Planes

Smoke up colbert

Planes, dead

Game lost

Ranked has no Cv's. There are other challenges but Cv's are not there.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

State of play tonight...

People just literally suiciding in the first rush of a randoms battle like it was co-op.

Yup, done for the night. I have other, better games to play than this garbage.

20240423_225444_PJSB006-Fuso-1943_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay 1.55 MB · 1 download

Well......like I said that was Wedgie's plan all along. And if there are other special modes, people will carry "habits" ( coz tactics can't be called) from those into the other modes like ranked or randoms even if are completely unsuited and braindead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

Watched Trenlass last Gato video last night.

First he start of by saying he doesn't mind subs because unlike CVs there is a lot of counterplay .... which in my mind is a bit debatable.

Then he says the enemy Hannover player triggers him greatly by how he plays the game (Hannover player actually good player that speed dukes the Gato torps), which is pretty much the only way to counter a Gato since there are never any pings or other indication where the Gato are. Minutes later he lands all 6 torps into the Hannover and take 80 000 + HP from him in seconds and Hannover never got as much as a ping indicator....? To which Trenlass gives out a huge evil ROFL.                   (.....so much counterplay...)

The latest "below 3 km range" fixed maybe 15% of the problem with subs. Gato can still dev strike a full HP T10 BB from outside 3 km which ingame looks like youre right next to each other. The Russian and IJN T8 Premium subs can do the same to T8 full HP BBs. Is this balance?! Is it good game play? None of these 3 Subs needs to use pings which means unless they get a stroke or brain fart you never even see them coming.

Been playing a lot of Missouri the last couple of evening to grind credits and had some games where I been chased by a U-2501 and even tho he pinged and I tried to use the ping markers to lead the sub I gotten maybe 1-2 or two splash hits on him while he spammed me with torps on cooldown. 

Only thing "balancing subs" are the poor skill and experience of the player base. If there is a decent Sub player chasing you, you wont have any way to counter him. Its the 25% WR Chads that gets killed, so maybe we all can hope we get more of them.....

Not really psyched about to get to experience the upcoming tests of the new CV changes, especially since many unicum players think they are buffs, not to spotting but to speed of attacks and ability to cycle the strikes .... and bypass annoying AA like Halland and Golden on youre way.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

State of play tonight...

People just literally suiciding in the first rush of a randoms battle like it was co-op.

Yup, done for the night. I have other, better games to play than this garbage.

20240423_225444_PJSB006-Fuso-1943_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay 1.55 MB · 3 downloads

I'm avoiding randoms as much as I can and play ranked (brawl) instead. Randoms have become a nightmare and no cure in sight. In the contrary as it seems. About 60% of them are annoying, embarrassing and pure killers of joy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I assume the issue gets worse the higher the tier. I don't like randoms much any more, but I them much more on the mid tiers and hardly any on the high tiers any more. On the mid tiers they don't seem to be that much of an issue, normally, that is. What sometimes happens, though, is that they ruin my DD play in other ways because I'm trying to do ASW and that basically means I get very little done otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the club. Membership is growing by leaps and bounds.

Edited by Gillhunter
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well......like I said that was Wedgie's plan all along. And if there are other special modes, people will carry "habits" ( coz tactics can't be called) from those into the other modes like ranked or randoms even if are completely unsuited and braindead.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I suspect that everyone suicided in my match because it was a double CV, double sub game.

Which is sad.

I easily topped the leaderboard in a ship that was at the most disadvantage in that environment.

I didn't even play well.

People just wanted to play ONLY if they had the advantage.

WG marketing ruining their own game.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, marketing is a dirty word, isn't it?

I'll sponsor you to the club. Come on in.

I have a beer waiting for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

READ THIS FIRST>>> For those who do not know me I post OPINIONS many agree and many don't. You do you.

That said , I do not do the forum back and forth stuff with every poster who parses every word and bit of syntax. There is nothing can be said that I have not heard as excuses .. Manipulated stats and WG " Info " no one can ever confirm because they are not privy to WG server stats unless they work DIRECTLY with WG. Don't people know they would get fired if they did?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's an ever expanding club and I have lasted about as long as I can.

I just can't enjoy Randoms anymore.

CVS?

Dealing with them

Yolo / potatoes throwing games no matter how well YOU play?

Oh well..Part of the game I guess.

Trigger warning....

I just can't pretend Subs are anything but completely ruining the game I knew and actually liked.

Latest "fix" is a joke.  Doesn't matter the new distance because they can still pop up out of NOWHERE.. Especially when you are in a knife fight with another ship or 3 and WASTE you before you even know they are there.

Homing torps??

Ok Sub guys! Since they are so " Fair"  How about DDs get SUB Homing torps that maintain LOCK as long as the Sub is detected?

I bet THAT got some blood pressures up!

How about OUR torps Arm POINT BLANK Too?

U still get to keep the  Sole Ability to DIVE when there is Danger from a CV or SHIP and leave the flank blind as you drop to 30M and run away safely as we get focused.

How about HE can break a SUBS tubes like they often to everyone else's?

There's a  reason why we we see subs topping the boards so often and it's not because they are such great players. It is frankly EASIER ( Very prominent players have already said that honestly.) 

In fact,  if you actually look , MANY Sub players have horrible stats in surface ships and are suddenly AWESOME in Subs.

I remember playing them in testing and thought they would NEVER let these into the game as I was ruining peoples days at will in them. I felt dirty.. but thought NO WAY!!

I have had EPIC fights going on and even the REDS said Great fight until that sub ruined it.

The Game right before the one I played below had 6 Subs, 2 DDS and the rest BBS ( It was just Horrible, A few BBs just walked away and I couldn't Blame them. NOT A SINGLE CRUISER)

Just happened again.  Great fight with another DD. He was Good!.. we had a great back and forth.. even his team was getting a few shots in on me but I was getting close..

UP POPS A SUB at .8KM  I try to avoid it.. It launches a MASS of torps .6km!!!!! They ARM and BOOM! Double flood, everything breaks and I am dead in the water.. passes me then uses the rear tubes to launch more.

e567ie56iw45e6i.thumb.png.4cc006e29073a364cd9f25027a780e16.png

qaewgWE4YHw4yhwe4y.thumb.png.57e827ede471edc0cd2ecc51994496f1.png

Doesn't matter what they did to the range.. if 7 or 8 torps hit you point blank and cause double flood ( don't forget you have to stop those with repair ) You are for sure Dead by the sub or anything else out there ( remember , even if you smoke a sub can still spot u for his teammates and be too close to kill ) 

Heh.  
Yeah, I know, I know.  We're coming to this discussion from different positions of advocacy.  😉 
But, we've been on two different forums for a while and I still enjoy the exchanges of perspectives and the witty humor.

I'm seriously wondering, though, "How did those torpedoes even arm?" at the distances you reported in your post.

I've been that close with some of my submarines (since the drastic changes in submarine torpedo arming distances) and haven't replicated your results.
Instead, my torpedoes either didn't arm (at all) or they just barely armed after swimming for 2 km and then tickled the target for minimal damage.
Granted, the incidents that I'm remembering didn't involve my Thrasher.  So, perhaps some checking of the specifications of the torpedoes will explain what we're seeing in your screenshots.

I can handle subs to an extent, they have actual game play meaning I control the weapons used on them. Cv's are the real life suck for me. I don't control the AA guns, so I have zero interaction with them. How is that supposed to be fun? That's not game play. 

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I suspect that everyone suicided in my match because it was a double CV, double sub game.

Which is sad.

Oh....well it is.

My point was that "bad" playerbase was/is Wedgie's wet dream and I see stuff like people saying that "brawls is supposed to be about close quarters", formulated as an excuse, whereupon current edition is 9v9, which means it is actually pure classic Wows, coz randoms, once upon a time were 9v9.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I can handle subs to an extent, they have actual game play meaning I control the weapons used on them... 

IMO to say they had actual game play, the sub captain would have to decide on either;

1) Long Range/Slow torps or

2) Short Range/Fast torps and 

3) A limited quantity of 'Homing Torps' say 4 or 6. 

AND the 'Homing torps' would have to be bought with Doubloons.

<G,D, C> 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Heh.  
Yeah, I know, I know.  We're coming to this discussion from different positions of advocacy.  😉 
But, we've been on two different forums for a while and I still enjoy the exchanges of perspectives and the witty humor.

I am ALL if for this type of exchange.

Unfortunately we have too many people that go all toxic and bash each other using all sorts of made up " Stats" and straw arguments and the dog-piling gets so bad you forget what he OP was even about.

I missed the days when we could Bag on each other and have fun with it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:
6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Heh.  

Unfortunately we have too many people that go all toxic and bash each other using all sorts of made up " Stats" and straw arguments and the dog-piling gets so bad you forget what he OP was even about.

Sorryyoucannotaddanymorereactionstoday_screenshot_08-16-2023_.thumb.jpg.4ee7e5225c7755f5837050c8d6a530d2.jpg
------------------------------------------------------
🙂👍

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

WG put stats in games, and if they did not want players to use them to judge other players, they should have made them player-only. But WG made them public for all to see and even let websites use them. Players have the option to hide their stats, but most feel those players hide them because they are bad. So if anyone should be mad over being called on stats, they should be mad at WG, not the player base. WG could fix this by just making it so players only see their own stats.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Well said.

But, the World has change these past three years. 

What was civility in discussion is now violent diatribes. 

What was the ability of heated and passionate discussion is now law suites and "correctness" backed by actual Orwell-ian style laws...

What we had was disagreement now is violent, in your face, hatred at your home, on your computer and at work (if you still have a job !)

I miss the days when people wanted to see "what comes next" as a culture - versus "what's in it for me..."

I am of the belief we are seeing the "end of days".......