I have questions.......

Lord_Slayer

1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

....and no answers for this:

439114652_10160507480232183_4615715449102924934_n.jpg.a4d8cef912a2ff22337f552c79f1ad98.jpg

Just some "off the top of my head" guesses.
1.  They wanted to park close to the convenience store and didn't care about being courteous enough to let the gasoline pump be available to people who might actually use it for their car?
2.  They're filling portable gasoline containers for their lawn-care equipment?  (Haven't gotten around to buying electric lawn-mowers and snow-blowers yet?)
3.  The pump is "out of order" and it won't matter if they're parked there, because people with gasoline cars can't use the pump either?
4.  Their usual car uses gasoline and their behavior is from "habit"?

I'm curious to see what other people think might be happening.  🙂 

• Like 1

The weird thing is, if you park that close to the pump, you can't actually get your hands on the nozzle to put it into your car's filler. Though, having looked at the 7-eleven pump design closer, the nozzles are apparently not in the middle but right at the edges so it might be possible to reach them.

You know what else is weird? This car doesn't seem to have any license plates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The weird thing is, if you park that close to the pump, you can't actually get your hands on the nozzle to put it into your car's filler. Though, having looked at the 7-eleven pump design closer, the nozzles are apparently not in the middle but right at the edges so it might be possible to reach them.

I think the photo was edited, and a black rectangle of photo-shopped coloring now covers the license plate.
Since the car in the picture is a Tesla (powered by a battery instead of gasoline), I think that using the pumps was low on the driver's priority list.  😉 

• Like 2

Because it is there.  However, while my answer is a reply, not all replies are answers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

1. If you Believe everything you see: Possible Hybrid convertion for a Tesla. 

2. If you mistrust people: Possibly another type of vehicle made to look like a Tesla (swapped logo, etc)

3. If you mistrust internet: Image is Photoshoped

If it is Tesla, and there is no photoshopping, then this place is in Texas.

• Haha 2

Okay... let's have a closer look. The car looks like a Tesla Model Y, and I think if you look closely enough at the pump and the car, the nozzle is not in the filler, it's still suspended from the pump. There's an optical illusion because that protective railing is blocking part of the view.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 6:33 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

On 4/24/2024 at 9:22 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think the photo was edited, and a black rectangle of photo-shopped coloring now covers the license plate.

me, being courteous, removed the plate using the phone editing.

But no one in the car, and I was the only car parked in the spots next to the building.

I should mention most of the other pumps were in operation. I was in the store for maybe 10 minutes, then accessed an amazon locker and the car did not move.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2024 at 5:22 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

2.  They're filling portable gasoline containers for their lawn-care equipment?  (Haven't gotten around to buying electric lawn-mowers and snow-blowers yet?)

I drive a LEAF EV.  I occasionally have to fill up potable gas cans to keep my stock fresh for my backup generator.  So...yeah...I feel kinda awkward pulling my LEAF up to the pump.  But it's legit.

Also, a bit of irony.  If my power goes out, I can't charge my LEAF on the grid (off) power.  But I can charge my LEAF off my gas powered generator.  I worked out the charge rate and efficiency of the generator.  I get about 15 miles of range for each gallon of generator gas.  My "save the planet" LEAF becomes a 15 mpg gas guzzler when the grid goes down.

Oh...and I do have electric lawn mower and electric snow blower...and chain saw...and weed whacker...and edger...and leaf blower.  And yeah, I can use or charge all those off my GAS generator!!!   Not very efficient. But when the grid goes down, local (on site) gas (and propane) reigns supreme.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They say the hybrids are the future... again. Back... to the future?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

They say the hybrids are the future... again. Back... to the future?

Hybrid vehicles seem to be a workable compromise for long trips or traveling to places where recharging isn't feasible.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

I drive a LEAF EV.  I occasionally have to fill up potable gas cans to keep my stock fresh for my backup generator.  So...yeah...I feel kinda awkward pulling my LEAF up to the pump.  But it's legit.

Also, a bit of irony.  If my power goes out, I can't charge my LEAF on the grid (off) power.  But I can charge my LEAF off my gas powered generator.  I worked out the charge rate and efficiency of the generator.  I get about 15 miles of range for each gallon of generator gas.  My "save the planet" LEAF becomes a 15 mpg gas guzzler when the grid goes down.

Oh...and I do have electric lawn mower and electric snow blower...and chain saw...and weed whacker...and edger...and leaf blower.  And yeah, I can use or charge all those off my GAS generator!!!   Not very efficient. But when the grid goes down, local (on site) gas (and propane) reigns supreme.

🙂👍