Contest Comments for T6 BB Co-op Battleship Devastation

Aethervox

My general comments are; I don't normally play Co-op but I did play my two T6 BBs to enter this contest. A Warspite & then a New Mexico.

Since we are playing a BB in a co-op battle  that's 12 real players versus 12 Bots & doing damage is simply a shoot fest to see who gets the highest damage result.

I suspect, for a BB to do well, this is spawn dependent where a couple of factors have to align well; 1) your BB has to spawn on a flank & 2) a lot of Bots have to come to your flank.

My Warspite had a limited(?) showing (31,570 dmg)  but my New Mexico had a good(?) showing (60,370 dmg). I look forward to the contest report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Co-Op is 9v9 tho

Also, @Aethervox I would double check the contest rules pertaining discussing damage details & disqualification fast

I recall there being written point about no talking those until winner announced

Edited by aleksi111

8 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

Co-Op is 9v9 tho

See how much I play co-op. TY for correction. Also, they said no comments till after the contest was over (which was Apr 22) so I should be OK here.

• Confused 1

Just an update.  We do have our winners, and they will be announced soon.  It is really best not to discuss damage even after the fact, so no digital woodshed for you, @Aethervox  - this time!!! 🤣

This first contest was somewhat of a test for us based on the success and concept that @AdmiralThunder has done in the past.  I guess you could call it "getting our feet wet."

I will add that attempting to do the contest requirement, from mainly a PvP perspective, is rather challenging. For me, certain game conditions need to take place in order to have, say, a "competitive" score of damage dealt.  I'll find out more perspectives on this from the contest participants.  

Ideally, we want to provide future contest options for all game modes, regardless of whether one plays PvE or PvP - newer or veterans of the game. 

• Like 5

Big thumbs up to the organisers of this - jolly good show!

I do play quite a bit of Coop these days, but rarely in mid-tier BBs, so this was quite an interesting exercise. I played at profoundly antisocial hours (server time), so mostly had bots on my side; not sure whether that helped or hindered me (in faster stuff, it's usually a help, but BBs...?).

I'll be interested to see what sort of damage totals better players than I clocked up; for BBs, I had no real idea what was a reasonable damage total... I only played a few games for the competition, but the damage range between ships and games was enormous, with a lot depending on luck when it came to spawns, maps, team composition and so on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did do about 118,000 in a late night bot game with Renown. The ship is fast enough to finish with a ram which helps on occasion. Was one of the first games so I thought it was not very good. No skill on my part, the bots just decided to serve themselves up. Well, turns out the other games were even worse. Also the game crashed before I took screenshots from the best game so I did not care to submit anything for the contest. Which is why I can discuss my non-results without worries. Now I hope and guess the best results will be at least something like 150,000 damage.

Edited by Udjevtol
clarification

14 hours ago, Udjevtol said:

guess the best results will be at least something like 150,000 damage.

??? As the only human player in the match? At really low server population numbers? I look forward to the official thread report for this contest.

3 hours ago, Aethervox said:

??? As the only human player in the match? At really low server population numbers? I look forward to the official thread report for this contest.

Without divulging my numbers (while also reminding folk that I'm rubbish), I'm not sure how much bots are an advantage on your own side when you're playing a BB - I had several games where half of both teams vanished in short order due to ramming each other before I could do much damage.

I had quite a few games in such circumstances that were *way* lower than 150K...

• Like 1

Your best bet is infact having AFK or rly cowardly human players

Or getting extremely lucky and having perfect targets to farm, such as multiple Albermale's to Citadel in something like Izmail as they come around island

9 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Perhaps there is a decent game with 50K damage. But of course also a bit lucky as a BB explodes for another 50K damage. Finally with some luck and good play there is also an opportunity to ram for the final 50K damage. If a lot of decent players play many games this should not be impossible. I do believe it would require many bots in the team though.

I gave this contest several tries, and my personal take on the best approach is as follows:

• Try to play really late in the evening or really early in the morning, when less human players are around.
  • Pick a fast BB, ideally with decent range, even better if it has torp.
  • Put signals on (speed and ramming as minimum, then consider secondary, fire chance, etc. as appropriate).
  • If using tech tree ship, be sure to upgrade all the modules.
  • Use the best commander you have, ideally 21 point ones.
  • Unless the only bots in range are destroyers, stick to AP; it's better not to miss the chance to cripple something larger with AP.  Try to get as many citadel hits as possible. 
  • Get lucky with match-making, map, and spawn; this is probably the hardest bit.
  • Don't sit back, push full on (in case there's a carrier in the match, which often is one of the last few surviving ships, you want to be in a position to get some good hits in and ideally kill it).
  • If there is a chance to kill a bot ship by ramming early on whilst you're still healthy, go for it (early on in the match when the bot destroyers and cruisers rush for cap is often a good chance to ram; don't try to dodge the bot torps, either get really close to the ship that might torp you and don't let their torps arm, or just ram).
  • Don't hesitate to ram towards the end again if the opportunity arises.
  • get the chance to kill the bot carrier towards the end of the match.

I had the best result I submitted in  Mutsu, but I reckon something like Renown, Repulse, or Dunkerque would have worked too.  Ships like Arizona and New Mexico are probably not suited for this challenge.

• Like 1