Weekend Spree, 19-21 April 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

Had some nasty router troubles on Friday and early Saturday, and didn't dare stream. This may have been due in part to the weather (it snowed and rained here a bit), but said problems were fixed Saturday morning by a router reset and I was off to the races after that. 

My plans to stream were interrupted by Little Miss Cthulhu's ice show. This was just a recital as opposed to anything competitive, but it was nice to watch!

_63ed5417-175f-4323-90e2-51cd6ec407d3.thumb.jpg.7b82abc45311e54c944d94129f23f2ff.jpg

Once that was out of the way, I plodded along with a bit of this and a bit of that in various ships.

Also, the sexiest, hottest redhead on Earth (i.e. Mrs Cthulhu) had her birthday today. 😍 Of all the gifts she received, her new ice-cream maker is going to be the greatest burden on my waistline. 😋

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Spent a good part of the weekend doing yard work (which had been neglected for the past 2 weeks.)  I did manage to get in some time on the PTS and finished the super-container chain.

• Like 2

Among some games played in World of Warships, I also played Star Trek Online.

Started two new characters in STO, one Romulan and one Federation (2049 era), because of a promotional "Delta recruitment" event.
https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11566643

Earlier in the week, I watched the movie "Ride the Wild Surf" on TUBI via ROKU.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058523/
Interesting early work for Barbara Eden, for me at least.  Most of what I know of her career involves the "I Dream of Jeanie" franchise.

Friday, I followed-up my inclination to continue a nostalgia motivated adventure into the 1960's with the movie "Beach Party".
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056860/

I plan to continue my adventure into these nostalgic movies. 
Partly because I watched a few of them on WLVI which broadcased on UHF "Channel  56" when I was young.
And partly because I enjoy the opportunity to turn-off some of my higher brain functions and savor the shennanigans accompanied by surf music.

Posted in various forum topics.
Welcomed two new Commanders, via mission-chains derived from redeemed WOWs codes.  

At the moment I'm enjoying some breakfast before I bring one of our ferrets to the veteranarian.

Hope you all have a good day.  

• Like 1

Let's see:  Naval Battles very early Friday morning (wife works in an ICU and they run 12 hour shifts).

The Dockyard requirements were done Thursday morning.

Played ASB's with friends in the evenings.

Otherwise, in game terms, a boring weekend.  I really wish our host would open up all of the dockyard missions at once.  There literally isn't anything, combat mission wise, for a PVE main to do !

Played a lot of Fallout 4.  Testing the "all can get along" ending........it's possible but, it's complicated !

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Asym said:

I really wish our host would open up all of the dockyard missions at once.

I'm not sure about that, but I'd be happy to see them try removing the time gate, so that you roll on to the second directive as soon as the first is done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No NB for NA account but in EU my clan got the W in NB: 86 - 79 (I earned 6 *s in low exp pt randoms). Our EU clan beat a NA one :).

14 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'm not sure about that, but I'd be happy to see them try removing the time gate, so that you roll on to the second directive as soon as the first is done. 

I really have retired from full time play....  Now, it's the combat mission and then, log off.  It would keep me playing more but.......that's not going to happen !  Ev-ah !

My son played Hockey.  And, we were a Hockey family and traveled all over the US and Canada....  It's good your daughter is skating !  Although, I imagine, skates are as expensive today as they were 20 years ago !!!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

No NB for NA account but in EU my clan got the W in NB: 86 - 79 (I earned 6 *s in low exp pt randoms). Our EU clan beat a NA one :).

I imagine a lot of Clans are like our clan:  lowest number of players in years and very few playing Random battles for NB's...  Heck, they have to beg to play clan battles....

• Like 2

Picked up a few NB stars in BBs.  Worked all day on Sunday trying to get 1 more citadel with US cruisers to complete the 50 hits requirement to finish task 3 going for Adm. Halsey.  I have already reached task 4 but due to sunk cost frame of mind I intend to finish that mission in task 3.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

due to sunk cost frame of mind

That's not sunk-cost; that's called "completionist mindset".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1