PT server

Gaelic_knight

Has anyone tried the new D-Day operation in on the PT server

played 8 games T5-T7 ships and found it imposable to get most of the mission completed . 
schnell botes really to fast to catch while bobbing up and down the waves.
teams were usually sunk by the time we got to the part where we had  to take out  the shore guns . 

• Like 1

I've been told that at least one adjustment has been made to this battle scenario.  I'm sure more will follow while in PT.

• Like 1

The mission is really tough, so far i only have been able to win one battle. I especially love the mine fields, i'm too busy maneuvering through them, to shoot anything.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Has anyone tried the new D-Day operation in on the PT server

played 8 games T5-T7 ships and found it imposable to get most of the mission completed . 
schnell botes really to fast to catch while bobbing up and down the waves.
teams were usually sunk by the time we got to the part where we had  to take out  the shore guns . 

There's a topic about it, around here somewhere on this forum....

That ^^^^ is one topic.  There may be others, some with youtube videos of their in-game experiences with the D-Day event on the Public Test Server.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much given up trying to get all of the tasks.  Now I'm just trying to get the 35K damage to get the community tokens, even that is a big ask (everyone else seems to be doing the same thing.)

• Like 1

First battle with result. Victory and I did use USS Boise due to her powerful guns, AA and heal. Worked out. 

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 191357.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 191410.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

First battle with result. Victory and I did use USS Boise due to her powerful guns, AA and heal. Worked out. 

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 191357.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-19 191410.jpg

ive had the 1 star like you but been no where near completing to get all the stars 

• Like 2

I think they reduced the difficulty by a lot, first try this time i got 3 stars, the next time i got them all.

20240425011151_1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

finally

first try since the changes 

shot-24.04.26_12.28.21-0692.jpg

shot-24.04.26_12.28.28-0030.jpg

shot-24.04.26_12.28.34-0854.jpg

shot-24.04.26_18.49.07-0442.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I did. Just once though. I've not been up to playing much these past few weeks. 
I hope the adjustment they made was to the visibility. I know it's a nighttime mission, but I came out of there with a headache from straining to see anything. 
I remember thinking, "A DD Killer would work well with this". I think we completed the mission with one star for our quarter. 😉
But, it was fun, and something different anyway.