New T10 French DD Cassard - Perfect Ambush DD?

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

First looking at the stats it seemed way OP. But then learned the new "gimmick" with the full damage of the 13.5 km torps of 24 000 damage per torps is only within 6 km range, then just like sub torps they loose damage rapidly outside of 6 km up to 13.5 km.

But with 6,5 km conceal and 46 knots speed it will be the perfect "coming around the corner of the island" Ambush predator with 12 x 24 000 damage torps (290 000 raw Alpha damage) and good guns. Even pushing a BB late game with speed boost the BB will hardly detect you before you're torps slams into his hull.

Maybe a good Div partner to a Yolo Emilio?

Considering I LOVE Kleber and Marceau I will definitaly grind this line upon release!

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

I find these magically evapourating/condensing torp mechanics a bit irritating, but she does sound like she'll be a rather splendid Coop boat too, for those of us who like that sort of thing...

• Like 1

I'm sure the tier 10 will be OP or meme worthy on release. Got to incentivized sales before it gets nerfed or powercrept later on.

Bait and switch...got to love modern marketing.

I just think this is the same thing as Kleber, dont see anything special from current french dd line

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

then just like sub torps they loose damage rapidly outside of 6 km up to 13.5 km.

They are an inversion of sub torps, which lose damage the closer you get.

Ambush predator with 12 x 24 000 damage torps

6 x 24,000 damage torps per side, so she can't launch them all at the same target at once.

But with 6,5 km conceal and 46 knots speed it will be the perfect "coming around the corner of the island" Ambush predator

If you're coming round the corner it doesn't matter what your concealment is, but yeah, 6.5km is going to help. 

43 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I find these magically evapourating/condensing torp mechanics a bit irritating, but she does sound like she'll be a rather splendid Coop boat too, for those of us who like that sort of thing...

I suspect that by the time the torps are out to max range they'll be somewhere in the vicinity of carrier or Swedish DD torps, which aren't exactly sledgehammers but you still don't want to get hit by them. Of course in co-op you very rarely launch at a target greater than 3km away, let alone 6km, so us bot-bashers will get the full benefit for probably 99% of our attacks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

I find these magically evapourating/condensing torp mechanics a bit irritating,

+1

The torpedo warhead shouldn't be magically changing size and potency according to the distance from point-of-launch.

• Like 3