Wiesbaden

MBT808

Does anyone know if she's coming for resources or some other currency? I assume her release was announced during either the live stream or on discord, cause there is no news about her and the corresponding loot boxes she can drop in on the WoWs website. She just appeared in the armory unannounced.

For right now, she’s only in lootcrates (unless you get really unlucky, then your pity mechanic is you can get her for 1 credit). In the past I’d have said she’ll be back in a few months for direct purchase, but now WG’s just as likely to only put her in other crates. 

Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

For right now, she’s only in lootcrates (unless you get really unlucky, then your pity mechanic is you can get her for 1 credit). In the past I’d have said she’ll be back in a few months for direct purchase, but now WG’s just as likely to only put her in other crates. 

I remember the loot box situation from the devblog, I had hoped we wouldn't get another Schill(also condemned to lootbox hell). If there hasn't been another announcement, then that's worrying, as this is a sign of that this is going to become a major issue going forward. Cause honestly, after looking her over, she looks like she could be a fun meme ship(Mainz or Munchen being objectively the better premium for the money).

To be honest, I think if she ends up stuck in crates, then I think its time to get out the torches and pitch forks again. Cause the community needs to put our collective foots down before this becomes a trend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

how much doublons in total for all the chain?

14 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

About 25k I think?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Cause honestly, after looking her over, she looks like she could be a fun meme ship(Mainz or Munchen being objectively the better premium for the money).

She is. Mainz is absolutely the stronger pick, but Wiesbaden is kind of fun. Very squishy, feels kind of sluggish (even though she isn’t from a numbers perspective), and the guns are definitely floaty at range. But she can be fun if you know what you’re doing. Adrenaline pumping too, when you see a battleship sneeze in your direction. 

3 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Does anyone know if she's coming for resources or some other currency? I assume her release was announced during either the live stream or on discord, cause there is no news about her and the corresponding loot boxes she can drop in on the WoWs website. She just appeared in the armory unannounced.

According to PQ its a fun ship but will be insanely expensive to get and it seems to be loot boxe chain (shocker...)

I LOVE the Mainz and think that is very strong ship even tho it struggles with overmatch+no heals when bottom tier. My experience playing T8s is if you play it early in the afternoon you get more T8 games and the later it gets in the evening you will get only T10 games.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

52 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

According to PQ its a fun ship but will be insanely expensive to get and it seems to be loot boxe chain (shocker...)

I know, what I’m more interested in is the future. Like for some ships, they’ve released for crazy doubloon cost bundle chains with a resources or normal premium release happening a couple patches later.

its unclear on this due to the odd shadow drop she had with no announcement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

I know, what I’m more interested in is the future. Like for some ships, they’ve released for crazy doubloon cost bundle chains with a resources or normal premium release happening a couple patches later.

its unclear on this due to the odd shadow drop she had with no announcement.

Yup, more "normal" releases seems to be quite far in between. When did we get the last Coal ship? We got the Sicilia in research bureau but it seems like they are leaning more and more towards RNG Loot box chains.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

About 25k I think?

23k in total.

Which is ridiculous.

I really wanted to have Wiesbaden in my port but not like this. Of course one can`t buy her directly in the Shop.

Shame on you Weegee!

• Like 1

BTW a very minor matter for most, I expect, but I think her release may have been hurried: as of last night, you couldn't put any alternative permaflages on her (the one-use ones work), and the vanilla permaflage is spectacularly boring (all-over single colour).

So far - I think - she's the only ship I've seen released this way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

When did we get the last Coal ship?

Halford was added for coal in 13.0 (after the token event last summer).

U-4501 was released as a coal ship in 12.9 (and the most recent one to be released as a coal ship rather than through some sort of event and then later added for coal).

Brisbane was added for coal in 12.7 (after her token event early last year).

Somme is technically kind of a coal ship now too, since you can buy the crates with coal. If you start from zero items, it should cost the same as the other Tier IX coal ships without a coupon (228k). (If you’re extremely unlucky, it’ll go up to 252k.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain_82 said:

23k in total.

Which is ridiculous.

I really wanted to have Wiesbaden in my port but not like this. Of course one can`t buy her directly in the Shop.

Shame on you Weegee!

Well the article on her came out today but it doesn’t clarify a direct buy later on ever. I think someone needs to prod boggzy on the discord about it and try and get a straight answer.

• Like 1

30k coal and 375 gold later.
I have 5x permanent red-black-white camos.... this is just disgusting.
I collect German ships, but this one broke the camels back, not getting this one for such poor value.

*edit

Always felt a bit touched for getting Admiral Packs of German Premium ships but even I aint gonna pay 2x the normal price for VIII premium.

Edited by Fatal_Ramses
  • Like 1

That's the death of 375 dubs and 30k coal then

image.thumb.png.04d571051746b6550257dfd7e98e85f2.png

I'm not sure what to say about the ship. I guess I like the concealment. Overall I think I prefer San Diego due to heal.

Edited by Itwastuesday
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

That's the death of 375 dubs and 30k coal then

image.thumb.png.04d571051746b6550257dfd7e98e85f2.png

Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

30k coal and 375 gold later.
I have 5x permanent red-black-white camos.... this is just disgusting.
I collect German ships, but this one broke the camels back, not getting this one for such poor value.

*edit

Always felt a bit touched for getting Admiral Packs of German Premium ships but even I aint gonna pay 2x the normal price for VIII premium.

I got the same exact pull yesterday. Definitely didn't want to go any further with crap rewards.