The secondary kill was the sub.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Suckmarines.png

...no matter what you do.....

Suckmarines2.png

Smile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67

Thats submarines for you. Had an insanely great game in another class of ship (think I posted it in Greatest game thread) and of course I was beat by a Submarine. At the same time I have played sooooo many games in Submarines where I done Jack Sheiiiit and still been nr 1 alongside T10 and Superships.

Its WGs BS submarine boosters for spotting etc. Strangely enough I cant evenr get close to same result by spotting in a IJN DD a full game. WG reasons....

• Like 6

Would be interesting to see the detailed results screen of the Sturdy.
Granted, that's a difficult proposition under these circumstances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Ok - time to go to bed.

I read that as "that's a difficult propulsion under these circumstances" and spent 2 minutes thinking "What the hell is he talking about" before I re-read it facepalmsmiley.gif.337bc6d41e47d247b20cba4dcde036ee.gif

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Ok - time to go to bed.

I read that as "that's a difficult propulsion under these circumstances" and spent 2 minutes thinking "What the hell is he talking about" before I re-read it facepalmsmiley.gif.337bc6d41e47d247b20cba4dcde036ee.gif

😄 

I feel the pain!  223 K Damage 1 cap 3 Kills, High Caliber, Witherer ....

image.thumb.jpeg.fac237f785c2b17aa82b1534e75c7965.jpeg

and ...............

image.thumb.jpeg.9b312d8155233b7f16f07d15b3d08c90.jpeg

Beaten by a T8 Sub that probably did 53 K Damage ......................

I kinda know by experience....

image.thumb.jpeg.58300246b6c0421adfa629bc9c67654a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4b9b8813c4a81ef42f4e103d9831bf93.jpeg

GIF Remake - J. Jonah Jameson Laughing [Fixed Version] : r ...

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Im betting you would see a pretty mediocre game with 1 kill, maybe 40-50 K damage probably 1 Cap ........ but a high number of spotting damage (going by my experience in a boat load of games I gotten nr.1 spot with crappy games in subs, also my screenshot above!). Unfortunately, I dont have that screenshot anymore but it can be found in the old "Subs are OP" thread here, where I had a game with ZERO damage in a Subs and got nr. 1 spot in T10 game with over 2000 Base XP.

WG has some Massive Ninja Boosters for Subs regarding spotting damage. I have spotted in a DD over 8 Years being a DD Main since 2015 and never even gotten close to this kind of Base XP and nr.1 spots. You dont really have to do anything then just survive in a Sub to get great Base XP and high spots on battle screens, hence why I now play a lot of subs for missions etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:51 PM, Andrewbassg said:

Suckmarines.png

Suckmarines2.png

In a game in were kills is important, then yes you won the kill game.. WOWS is not that game..

Years ago, people were complaining for not getting any resources even-though, they contributed to the win without getting a kill, (winning by capping and pts).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I would also add... Topping the leader-board in WOWS, in a win or lost situation. Doesn't mean what you're suggesting.

If you topped the leader board in WOWS, it only means you figured out how to manipulate the in-game scoring system to benefit the sole player.

It doesn't necessarily mean, they contributed to the win directly. WOWS have added (years ago) other indirect factors to were support is compensated better as well.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Im betting you would see a pretty mediocre game with 1 kill, maybe 40-50 K damage probably 1 Cap ........ but a high number of spotting damage (going by my experience in a boat load of games I gotten nr.1 spot with crappy games in subs, also my screenshot above!). Unfortunately, I dont have that screenshot anymore but it can be found in the old "Subs are OP" thread here, where I had a game with ZERO damage in a Subs and got nr. 1 spot in T10 game with over 2000 Base XP.

WG has some Massive Ninja Boosters for Subs regarding spotting damage. I have spotted in a DD over 8 Years being a DD Main since 2015 and never even gotten close to this kind of Base XP and nr.1 spots. You dont really have to do anything then just survive in a Sub to get great Base XP and high spots on battle screens, hence why I now play a lot of subs for missions etc.

I'm inclined to agree.  But, without the details screen we're working with speculation and guesses.

Well, there's 'suckmarines' when you can't play them well and, I suppose, 'studmarines' when you do. I prefer the term 'Flubs' for this WG failed (as designed) class 😁.

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm inclined to agree.  But, without the details screen we're working with speculation and guesses.

On another note ............

Just keep spotting .... just keep spotting ...... Ohh a CAP!?.......  Just keep spotting .... just keep spotting ...... Ohh a CAP!?.......  Just keep spotting .... just keep spotting ...... Ohh a CAP!?....... 

image.thumb.jpeg.86a04f3f26017a6f276f5d3c644da2ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.19516a4e333fb41d8e3293b497acd7eb.jpeg

Big Cudos to the Mainz that didn't just beat my T8 Sub with 3 caps but also all T10.....!

image.thumb.jpeg.43e9ae603d3f5464b08fd54dd3b83ad7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ff1b496e55b8b0a9882a4931acef450b.jpeg

Who need damage?!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Who need damage?!

😄 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Well, there's 'suckmarines' when you can't play them well and, I suppose, 'studmarines' when you do. I prefer the term 'Flubs' for this WG failed (as designed) class 😁.

Well yeah, but they suck regardless.  I mean..... that's how they operate. They literally "suck in" water, to fill  their ballast tanks in order to ..... go ...... under......  

So....... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

On another note ............

Just keep spotting .... just keep spotting ...... Ohh a CAP!?.......  Just keep spotting .... just keep spotting ...... Ohh a CAP!?.......  Just keep spotting .... just keep spotting ...... Ohh a CAP!?....... 

Zero damage and 2,227 base XP 👀!

I love this game 🤣.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/18/2024 at 4:51 PM, Andrewbassg said:

Suckmarines.png

Suckmarines2.png

With all due respect you WON, imagine if the Sub was on the red team, could have been worse.

I'm PRO SUB  played 2 maybe 3 games in legit random and maybe half a dozen when we had Sub MODE type.

Don't like WG current Sub games style format, would rather a traditional / historic play style ( and WG could produce that system BUT WON'T because "REASONS ")but if your a competitive player better to have a Sub player that can help win the game in my view.

ME I suck and or still learning, so I play them in Coop when I have finished my events /tasks and try to keep out of peoples way and still have fun at the same time.

regards 

9 minutes ago, tm63au said:

With all due respect you WON, imagine if the Sub was on the red team, could have been worse.

Yes, but if would have been a loss, then I would had lose a star. And that IS an issue. Coz is one thing in randoms and  very different in ranked. I don't mind subs being more "rewarded" (I mean its meme worthy, but whatevs) but doing  your very best and still losing a star (coz Weegee reasons)..... its not fun.

Subs should have a credit/Xp/ CXP/EXP booster baked in (a la OG Missou) but NOT a BXP one. Its just common sense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yes, but if would have been a loss, then I would had lose a star. And that IS an issue. Coz is one thing in randoms and  very different in ranked. I don't mind subs being more "rewarded" (I mean its meme worthy, but whatevs) but doing  your very best and still losing a star (coz Weegee reasons)..... its not fun.

Subs should have a credit/Xp/ CXP/EXP booster baked in (a la OG Missou) but NOT a BXP one. Its just common sense.

I agree whole hardheartedly current Sub format Sucks, WG is trying make us believe 1930 - 1950ish Subs are RED OCTOBER and USS ALABAMA ( Crimson tide )with speed and everything else, there not, try telling WG that you would have more luck getting a common ground agreement talking to a rock !

regards 

well done on the win by the way o7  

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having read this thread, I am sooooo glad I don't play Randoms or anything PVP....  

Our host has to make money.   And, all above is how.  Even if, it destroys the game in the process..........  It's hopeless mates.....abandon all Joy.

At least, until enough people leave the game and they have to create another sales gimmick.  Missiles PT boats?  Alien Space Bat weapons.  Guided Fritz or Ohka or Kaiten's....

Alas, alas Babylon.......

4 minutes ago, Asym said:

Having read this thread, I am sooooo glad I don't play Randoms or anything PVP....  

Our host has to make money.   And, all above is how.  Even if, it destroys the game in the process..........  It's hopeless mates.....abandon all Joy.

At least, until enough people leave the game and they have to create another sales gimmick.  Missiles PT boats?  Alien Space Bat weapons.  Guided Fritz or Ohka or Kaiten's....

Alas, alas Babylon.......

Before Dasha, there was Ivanova.  🙂 
8de7e5b2f0123d109367eaeccabbf273.jpg&f=1 th?id=OIP.DtipoS-lQFI_ZftY1c2w1QHaK4%26p

Babylon 5
TV Series
1993–1998

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105946/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Before Dasha, there was Ivanova.  🙂 
8de7e5b2f0123d109367eaeccabbf273.jpg&f=1 th?id=OIP.DtipoS-lQFI_ZftY1c2w1QHaK4%26p

Babylon 5
TV Series
1993–1998

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105946/

Never watched that show......ever.

And, I think you missed the reference of "Alas, Alas Babylon..."  That actually comes from a Book about the end of the world as we know it....

12 minutes ago, Asym said:

And, I think you missed the reference of "Alas, Alas Babylon..."  That actually comes from a Book about the end of the world as we know it....

I've heard a lot of "The world ends at eight, film at eleven" predictions, over the years.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've heard a lot of "The world ends at eight, film at eleven" predictions, over the years.  😉 

In gaming, of all of the games I studied till there was nothing left to study, only one of the six shut down....  The other all are still there, doing the same things, the same way, with the same 6,000 players, still buying clones of clones of clones.... 

I guess, that is all there is after about 6 years of business.

And, our host has several other game titles........this game will be here for decades - till gaming legislation hits and that will be it for many, foreign hosted games I suspect.

6 hours ago, Asym said:

Have that book along with "Earth Abides" in my post apocalypse books.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Musket22 said:

Have that book along with "Earth Abides" in my post apocalypse books.

Ah, Alas.........there is yet another Book, in the same genre, that says "alasbabylon Q4E9"  -  if I am not mistaken...  "Under a Graveyard Sky"  by John Ringo.

For those of you not familiar with John Ringo's works.........well then..........he really writes some pretty darn good military-esk books.  I would recommend the Black Tide Rising series (where the quote above comes from); the Posleen War Series; and, The Empire of Man series, which is one of my favorites....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Asym said:

Ah, Alas.........there is yet another Book, in the same genre, that says "alasbabylon Q4E9"  -  if I am not mistaken...  "Under a Graveyard Sky"  by John Ringo.

For those of you not familiar with John Ringo's works.........well then..........he really writes some pretty darn good military-esk books.  I would recommend the Black Tide Rising series (where the quote above comes from); the Posleen War Series; and, The Empire of Man series, which is one of my favorites....

image.png.c2d6a4307b2f304fe8c0ac9fb2132cc1.png A series of books...

• Like 2