Some bad news, the D-day event is absolutely awful.

Subtle_Octavian

The scenario is almost entirely airplane and sea mine based.

You have to fight off a few boats, and then dodge endless planes and mines.

No real thing to shoot, just some pillboxes, and dodge planes.

It's so bad, it's demoralizing. This is the best WG can do. 

More planes

More planes

More planes

Mines

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 1

10 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

The scenario is almost entirely airplane and sea mine based.

You have to fight off a few boats, and then dodge endless planes and mines.

No real thing to shoot, just some pillboxes, and dodge planes.

It's so bad, it's demoralizing. This is the best WG can do. 

More planes

More planes

More planes

Mines

Imagine if they tried an event with warplanes, tanks, and warships that had progress combined from all three. A sorta global map with the three games having different missions that all contributed to a combined mission. That would be an awesome way to do D-Day type event.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Surely that will not be the actual operation. Had 1 win in 6 tries as the teams melted being trapped by mines that do 5500 damage while being cross dropped by planes that wave at Atlanta’s Def AA as they fly by. 

As an Ops player, I was shocked. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Imagine that a seaborne landing would not be opposed by aircraft and mines laid on the approach path.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

is there any video of it? or info on ships and tiers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Imagine if they tried an event with warplanes, tanks, and warships that had progress combined from all three. A sorta global map with the three games having different missions that all contributed to a combined mission. That would be an awesome way to do D-Day type event.

Actually, many players, BEFORE the divorce, suggested an event that actually had World of Tank and World of Planes players involved real-time for an Invasion Event...

Imagine how fun it would be to Land a LST and deploy a company of PVP tanks, supported by planes controlled by WOPS pilots, being supported by WOWS Naval Gun Fire !

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Asym said:

Actually, many players, BEFORE the divorce, suggested an event that actually had World of Tank and World of Planes players involved real-time for an Invasion Event...

Imagine how fun it would be to Land a LST and deploy a company of PVP tanks, supported by planes controlled by WOPS pilots, being supported by WOWS Naval Gun Fire !

I think a big axis vs allies type event would be fun like that. At the end, team with the most beaches wins a prize. Similar to the sharks vs eagles thing wows did years ago. Two teams in wows fight before getting to the beach, allies win tanks and planes have a beach open to fight. You’d have some beaches already open to fight at the beginning of the event of course so that tanks and planes have something while waiting for other beaches to open from warships.

Maybe, depending on the outcome it would award consumables to each team. Allied tanks get naval gun support, axis defence can get naval gun support to if their warships regain superiority. Warplanes wins would grant airstrikes for tanks and warships.

• Like 1

This place is getting depressing nothing is ever good nobody is ever happy literally nothing is good. It's kind of getting boring the constent complaints.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This place is getting depressing nothing is ever good nobody is ever happy literally nothing is good.

The 2024 Porsche 911 GT3 RS is very good, borderline amazing from what I've seen and heard.

From WG though, I mean, the perma credits camos was considered good by everyone. Asym being back is good and people are generally enjoying it. The Wisconsin dockyard so far is reasonably well received. The CV and AA changes recently are so convoluted that no one can say if their good or bad.

So the myth that nothing is good and no one is ever happy around here:

1688993988182?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=uXGK

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 4

It has potential. But I think it needs a lot of work. As it stands, it's extremely difficult, and seems to rely heavily on the intelligence data mechanic, and grinding it, to perform well.

I was also having an extremely difficult time targeting surface units. The Schnellboots were basically impossible to hit, and frustrating to the point of making me want to almost give up in short order. It's hard to describe why, but something about targeting surface units feels very off.

This isn't just me trying to be unhappy about it. I love PvE, and want more Operations. But I think this needs work.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

The 2024 Porsche 911 GT3 RS is very good, borderline amazing from what I've seen and heard.

From WG though, I mean, the perma credits camos was considered good by everyone. Asym being back is good and people are generally enjoying it. The Wisconsin dockyard so far is reasonably well received. The CV and AA changes recently are so convoluted that no one can say if their good or bad.

So the myth that nothing is good and no one is ever happy around here:

1688993988182?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=uXGK

Yea ok the place is brimming with all these positive post. 

1 minute ago, clammboy said:

I wouldn't say brimming, but its there and recognized when WG does make a positive contribution in the game. So there isn't nothing nor is everyone permanently unhappy. Its hardly the communities fault that WG makes so many poor decisions or delivers substandard quality on their content. Is it so wrong that people are tired of WG's [Redacted]? Is it so wrong that we expect a quality gaming experience and issues we discover to be addressed in a reasonable manner?

If the negativity bothers you so much, why are you here? I'm asking honestly, cause I wouldn't stick around somewhere that I didn't like. No one is twisting your arm to force you to stay here(or if they are, it sounds like you've got bigger problems than mild internet malcontent).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This place is getting depressing nothing is ever good nobody is ever happy literally nothing is good. It's kind of getting boring the constent complaints.

This post is a negative post complaining about something...

Was this some bit of meta commentary...or were you just not aware of the irony.

Anyway, cheers!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, clammboy said:

There are more posts complaining about posts than almost any other content.  I agree we should all try to do better.

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Imagine that a seaborne landing would not be opposed by aircraft and mines laid on the approach path.

Juuust sayin....

• Like 4

Torpedo boats are very fast and hard to hit, almost required good secondary guns, plus you'll need a maneuverable ship to dodge all the torps they fired.

Coastal guns and AA guns has high HP and thick armor, only battleships can deal with them effectively.

Minefields are everywhere so going fast is not possible.

Verdict: WG is trying to urge people to grind for WV44.

image.thumb.png.b19a54b550c61ae06722b613ea111554.png

image.png.757370e09ff26f7d282a29522b61e84f.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wait... why would there even be air attacks? The Luftwaffe was a complete no-show on D-Day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Wait... why would there even be air attacks? The Luftwaffe was a complete no-show on D-Day.

How DARE You say that, one there best fighters units was in combat in the very first hours of the landings and scored some impressive actions 

Edited by tm63au
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asym said:

wet dream just by dreaming it

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

two planes showed up, made a strafing run and thats was it haha

You need a secondary specced battleship. I have Agincourt and it works well. It shreds those little buggers very effectively. As it has no AA it is of advantage to have specced vigilance too for increased torpedo recognition and protection. I can dodge torps pretty good with it.

On the bunkers only AP works well and only with battleship calibre. Agincourt has a bunch of main guns for that task.

Airfields need HE.

Mines can be destroyed with ASW.

WV44 should do better but I do not have it (yet).

There are so many tasks you can't complete them all.

From 10 games I had nine with one star and one with two.

My highest damage output with Agincourt was 118k. I was several times the last ship.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

two planes showed up, made a strafing run and thats was it haha

At least two German ones. I saw no allied ones 😛

Hi all,

The PT Mission requiremet x7 s to have 35.000 damage to ships !!!

Who created such stupid requirement?

There are 6 allied ships.

There are just 10x Schnell Bots = 80.000 HP.

100% stupidity...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Thanks 1

8,000hp per S-100 Schnellboot, being ~100t at maximum loading, is absurd when T-22 outmass the things good ×17 times in deep load and has only 11,300hp