SO I just did that Golden week thingy.. You?

Col_NASTY

Saw it gave me 1000 so I just spent them... Not even sure how I got them to be honest.

This is what I got.

a5634ius46iw456.thumb.png.6934088a9d0f6415f913f71bd78aff3b.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Saw it gave me 1000 so I just spent them... Not even sure how I got them to be honest.

They’re handed out in several stages at the beginning of the Event Pass.

• Like 1

Well, we finally got there- WG finally just dropped the act and gave us an event that consists only of a slot machine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Well, we finally got there- WG finally just dropped the act and gave us an event that consists only of a slot machine.

Only?? I clearly showed a way that had nothing to do with a slot machine 🤔

• Like 1

I used all the Golden Week tokens that I was issued.
Which was a 1,000 tokens for 10 chances.
Some of those chances provided more free tokens.  So I played another 3 chances with those.  I've got about 75 tokens left-over.

• Like 3

Has anyone read about the tokens converting to credits when the event is over?  Didn't see anything about in Armory. 

I guess I missed something.  My token amount is 400 so far from the event pass.

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Only?? I clearly showed a way that had nothing to do with a slot machine 🤔

The event page in the Armory only has the "Golden Week Treasures" slot machine and a bunch of options... to purchase more tokens to feed the slot machine. There are no camos (either permanent or expendable), no low-tier ships, no commanders, no bonuses, no credit stacks, no flags, no signals, no anything that can be directly purchased with the tokens. Sure, a bunch of tokens can be had for free, but that doesn't change the fact that the only thing you can do with them is gamble. All of the rewards require you to drop tokens in the slot machine to get them; the event therefore consists only of a slot machine.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

The event page in the Armory only has the "Golden Week Treasures" slot machine and a bunch of options... to purchase more tokens to feed the slot machine. There are no camos (either permanent or expendable), no low-tier ships, no commanders, no bonuses, no credit stacks, no flags, no signals, no anything that can be directly purchased with the tokens. Sure, a bunch of tokens can be had for free, but that doesn't change the fact that the only thing you can do with them is gamble. All of the rewards require you to drop tokens in the slot machine to get them; the event therefore consists only of a slot machine.

And the Battle Pass. Very... eventful wouldn't you say_

• Like 3

At least people can spend their free tokens on something. Players in Belgium get jack and WG doesn't care about offering them anything.

They literally get nothing this patch, save for the pittance in the BP sans tokens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

At least people can spend their free tokens on something. Players in Belgium get jack and WG doesn't care about offering them anything.

They literally get nothing this patch, save for the pittance in the BP sans tokens.

Just curious.. Why is that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

Belgium has banned lootboxes and gambling in video games, so this, and any containers that have a chance of dropping premium ships will not appear in accounts originating from Belgium.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

They probably lost the entire event (including the free tokens) because WG can’t monetize the event without running afoul of Belgian gambling laws. WG can’t sell lootboxes in the country either.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

I guess I missed something.  My token amount is 400 so far from the event pass.

400 here too.  And another 50 per extra battle pass stage after the 20 stages to complete the BP.  Was this another difference between the two BP versions?  I have the version that gives back 2,500 dubs if you buy the premium pass (which I would much rather have than a few more pulls on this slot machine).

I did my free ones and got all Blue Boosts. I will take those gladly (free stuff is free stuff and Blue Boost as good free stuff) and walk away. I won't spend on this event as it is not worth it with such bad odds of a good drop.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On my second pull I got this.

image.thumb.png.b396aa371bc8b1ae89745d55d7af108d.png

So getting the rare 1.8% pull points me to a ship I already have, and the only compensation is ten more pulls.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

So getting the rare 1.8% pull points me to a ship I already have, and the only compensation is ten more pulls.

It's been a few years now I think but WG MAJORLY cheaped out for compensation for ships you already have in events etc.

It's even worse than how badly they nerfed the formerly known as " Super Containers "

It actually LOL when you look how much they CHARGE$ for these ships VS how much THEY think they are worth after you have it.

10 pulls for a Hayate is actually insulting.

The pitance they have been giving for Dups has been just depressing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I used all the Golden Week tokens that I was issued.
Which was a 1,000 tokens for 10 chances.
Some of those chances provided more free tokens.  So I played another 3 chances with those.  I've got about 75 tokens left-over.

Ditto.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did my free ones and got all Blue Boosts. I will take those gladly (free stuff is free stuff and Blue Boost as good free stuff) and walk away. I won't spend on this event as it is not worth it with such bad odds of a good drop.

I am in AT's camp as well...........free is free.   The rest is white noise IMO.

• Like 1

I got some decent econ bonuses from mine, and some more FreeXP. I can live with that.

More interestingly ... I was just in an Asymmetric match with someone in the Chicuma and I had to resist the urge to ask if he was just really lucky or if he'd whaled to get the thing.

To each their own though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I got some decent econ bonuses from mine, and some more FreeXP. I can live with that.

More interestingly ... I was just in an Asymmetric match with someone in the Chicuma and I had to resist the urge to ask if he was just really lucky or if he'd whaled to get the thing.

To each their own though.

Blue XP boosters for me. Very useful for me because I like to speed up regrinds for RB points. Very happy for the free stuff. 

Then I went to Asymmetric and there was a Chikuma II Golden and it was the first ship sunk by the bots. 😂

• Like 1

Golden Week slot-machine gave me green and blue econ bonuses.

5 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Instead of giving you a ship that you dont have, typical WG

• Haha 1

Just saw this in the armory, was like "What ? 100% gambling ?" And no refund for the tokens after end of event ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Belgium has banned lootboxes and gambling in video games, so this, and any containers that have a chance of dropping premium ships will not appear in accounts originating from Belgium.

I so wish every country would follow their lead in this. Its complete BS that gaming company's are able to influence or form new gambling addicts from an incredibly young age. 

image.png.9cacbe60fdedf023d2240afbe7844b09.png

"Just keep spinning that wheel ...... Just keep spinning that wheel ...... Just keep spinning that wheel ...... You will soon be rewarded!!!"

Its a addiction / IQ test!

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well ... I had 400 token.

Received 2x 6.250 FXP and 2x blue FXP Booster.

And on the third try ... a ship actually. (not the Chikuma II though).

Seemed to me the counter was bugged (the spent/received token not adding up imho).

Won`t spend on this event either.

WoWs_Wishing Wharf 3rd try.png

Edited by Captain_82
  • Like 2