Sometimes I can be a bit slow...

Col_NASTY

I have tons of ships that I never play... 

I'll see a stream or game i'm in when I ship will do something amazing ( saw one yesterday dev a Cruiser from FAR away) and I will go check to see if I have it, If I do i'll take it out.

Not sure when I got this one, but prob got it so I could get another Christmas Crate.

Not equipped, Has a 10 pointer on her, no boosters.  So I took her out in a COOP to see what happened.

Ummm WOW!!

I know it's just COOP but this thing is a MENACE!

What am I missing here?  Why don't I hear more about this Bote?

f678tf67orf678o.thumb.png.00749062da1f13d86c9f4320b5319bfb.png

q34t346346t.thumb.png.f9116a7ebcebbdad8beaaf99b37c9a2f.png

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

I'll see a stream or game i'm in when I ship will do something amazing ( saw one yesterday dev a Cruiser from FAR away) and I will go check to see if I have it, If I do i'll take it out.

Not sure when I got this one, but prob got it so I could get another Christmas Crate.

Not equipped, Has a 10 pointer on her, no boosters.  So I took her out in a COOP to see what happened.

Ummm WOW!!

It's a great boat but vulnerable to broadsides.  Torps are really nasty.  Has the superheal... I think it gets limited in contest things, so... good one!  🙂  Congrats on having it and having fun!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Ummm WOW!!

Similar experience with the same ship and me on the losing end- got blapped in my 3/4 full HP Mogami, by ONE St V torp. Thought I was detonated at first, nope!  So I had to go look at what the heck happened, didn't realize the torps were so powerful.  Great offensive ship, but like said above, don't show broadside or you WILL get punished.

• Like 1

@Col_NASTY it also has *very* squishy nose armour (25 mm) which is easily overmatched by battleship (15" and up) caliber guns. This means that you can easily take cits by being "punched in the nose". It used to be even MORE of a monster, but they nerfed the superheal cooldown (IIRC it used to be on an 80 second timer like Ohio and is now at 120s)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

Ummm WOW!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Ummm WOW!!

It IS actually considered by many the most OP T10 BB in the game.

You have the best of both Thunderer and Conqueror. Thunderer AP and Firechance and Conqueror zombieheal. On top of that you have the highest damage torps in the game which you can launch straight ahead, AND speed boost AND Def AA AND great conceal

AND if you put Cunnigham on him you get Superintendent for free  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

I have tons of ships that I never play

I use lists of ships I have in port so I random the ship I play. Hence, I play or can play any ship I have in my port (depending on a random dice roll).  I have now a few free barf ships that War Failing had given me for free - I keep them so they won't re-appear but they aren't going to be played, ever. As I have a dedicated Cpt on all my active ships, I will play any of those ships in my port. 

On 4/15/2024 at 2:26 PM, Col_NASTY said:

Ummm WOW!!

What am I missing here?

Her predecessor is the most fun I ever had grinding at Tier 9, and in every way she made up for the abject misery I suffered grinding through the Lion. I laughed my maniacal way all through a predominantly co-op grind, doing things in her which I know would get me insta-deleted in a Randoms game, but that's 90% of the fun of being a co-op main. And everything the Duncan is, the St Vincent is more of.

The only reason I haven't spammed the hell out of the St Vincent is because I've been busy with other grinds. Some of the lines I've been working on this year have waited far too long to get done, and they come first. 

But yes, this ship is glorious - which is why she is so often banned in comps.

• Like 1