Weekend Spree, 12-14 April 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

Streamed, did my naval battles, and picked up all the points I could toward the battle pass. I had already finished the first Wisconsin Dockyard directive during the week. 

@SolitudeFreak and @Wolfswetpaws were excellent divmates to get a mission done which involved winning three battles in a three-man division. The bots were made to suffer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Same, finished the WI dockyard for the week.

Mostly played Yodo in asymmetrics. Such a fun boat in that mode.

shot-24_04.14_00_41.26-0670.thumb.jpg.e13adc008b0a326acc87a747a00311a7.jpg

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Like 1

Played what Naval Battles I could in PVE.  Finished the Dockyard segment before Friday.  Played all sorts of my mode..... 

We had a spring open house on the Range yesterday. It was blowing so hard, eight foot tables with range equipment simply blew down range.  Needless to say, not much shooting was accomplished.  Came home and felt "dirt blasted..."  The food was good though ! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Asym said:

It was blowing so hard, eight foot tables with range equipment simply blew down range.

1db189ef38c7bc61161741293dd1fd34--gauges

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The bots were made to suffer.

We stole their bubble-gum and chewed it.  🙂 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

Mostly played Yodo in asymmetrics. Such a fun boat in that mode.

That reminds me; I need to put my Shimanto back in the grind rotation and start working back up that line as soon as I'm done with the Parseval. (Trying not to take on too much at once.) Man, if only the reload were better - those turrets are slick AF. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That reminds me; I need to put my Shimanto back in the grind rotation and start working back up that line as soon as I'm done with the Parseval. (Trying not to take on too much at once.) Man, if only the reload were better - those turrets are slick AF. 

Shimanto = Operations.   A stone cold, Ops killer looking to mess up the bots....  Even with slower reloading, the shimmy's has the firepower to "make the bots be good bots" no matter where or when....  I use the Shimmy almost exclusively in Ops.

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1

Spent much of last week travelling back from Illinois after the eclipse.  Got back late Saturday night, so not a lot of time for WoWS.  I played some asymmetric games (enough to get the 3 daily containers,) but that was about it.

• Like 2

Apr 12 - 14 was the Trumpeter Society annual Convention Weekend called 'Salute 2024'. This is the oldest tabletop miniatures club in Canada based in the Vancouver metropolitan area. So, I wasn't playing WoWS. Tabletop miniatures do include WW1 & WW2 naval miniatures so has coverage of what WoWS does except tabletop miniatures does not allow the barf that WG has introduced to historical 20th century naval warfare.

Check out the key words for 'Trumpeter Society' & 'Salute 2024', etc to see pictures (what is offered - all sorts of gaming) of the game nights. ☺️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aethervox said:

except tabletop miniatures does not allow the barf that WG has introduced to historical 20th century naval warfare.

*Sigh* You were sounding so positive and interesting up to that point. 🙊

I never did tabletop miniatures but I did do 1:72 aircraft, and it's been about 20 years since I last gave Airfix my money. I would happily get back into that and redeem myself on all the kits I assembled badly as a kid, but there's nowhere to put the range of models I'd like to build where a speedy cat high on nip won't send it flying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I did do 1:72 aircraft

1/72 WW1 aircraft are very popular for tabletop miniatures - if you are in (or near) a major urban center you should check out your local tabletop club. Cheers.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

1/72 WW1 aircraft are very popular for tabletop miniatures - if you are in (or near) a major urban center you should check out your local tabletop club. Cheers.

I wasn't sure how miniature we are talking about here - though a friend once received a 1:144 scale Lancaster kit for his birthday (the only one I've ever seen).

When I was a kid, a 1:72 scale bomber was BIG. Now, as an adult, not so much.

I've also watched people build current versions of kits that I or friends built as children. They are substantially more detailed in their small parts.

My nearest major urban centre is several hundred miles away by air.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My nearest major urban centre is several hundred miles away by air.

Where are you? Several hundred miles by air, these days, means you have to be out in the 'boondocks' somewhere. 1/72 scale bombers for WW1 require patience & time to build, fighters not so much. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Where are you? Several hundred miles by air, these days, means you have to be out in the 'boondocks' somewhere. 1/72 scale bombers for WW1 require patience & time to build, fighters not so much. 

Newfoundland. I choose not to elaborate further.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Newfoundland

This explains a considerable amount. I've met some 'Newfies'. Btw, I'm from the other bookend (coastal Lotusland) which could also explain 'something' (lol). 😁