Where Is W. Virginia 44 ?

tm63au

OK so for those who remember there have been a couple of dockyards that you got 2 ships, with Odin ? you got Admiral Graf Spee, was it Marlborough you got Renown 44.

If your anyone like me you would scan " the lay of land  " do a sweep of port / dockyard and see what sights are in the port, you tended to see the " second ship " tied up to a wharf, I distinctly remember seeing The Admiral and Renown.

So just out of curiosity did panoramic scan of the dockyard.

shot-24_04_13_22_13.03-0764.thumb.jpg.7cf945c6e19b59db752b7e45b2d37ad4.jpg

Auxiliaries and Lite warships no capital ships !

shot-24_04.13_22_12.57-0411.thumb.jpg.dbcbc1c483c8bc8e1114d8df38b5ab41.jpg

again auxiliaries and transports

shot-24_04.13_22_12.49-0817.thumb.jpg.7c0117fc8ed42a07dfb044d8609406f3.jpg

OK see some Cruisers but not a Battleship in site

shot-24_04.13_22_05.12-0911.thumb.jpg.d2233f22434ef3621479f089c3dd3df9.jpg

OK could W. Virginia be getting built in the dockyard next to Wisconsin sadly no.

You think they could have had the ship in the slip next to Wisconsin being built at an accelerated rate so that it becomes available on build section 20, hell they had a Destroyer on a slipway next to ZF-6  being built and we didn't even get that second Destroyer.

It would have been just a nice touch to the event if it in fact was being built simultaneously, i would have accepted the ship moored to a dock also.

I give these guys at WG a hard time and they deserve it but I do know there wiz kids at what they do, so unless WV 44 shows up later on its just a shame they couldn't put her in the Port somewhere.    

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

OK could W. Virginia be getting built in the dockyard next to Wisconsin sadly no.

Granted, it could have been a "nice touch".
But, with the cost of programming and the need to get the primary objective done, I'm not surprised.
Of course, it may simply be a scheduling situation?  The West Virginia was constructed decades earlier?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_West_Virginia_(BB-48)

Name West Virginia
Namesake State of West Virginia
Ordered 5 December 1916
Builder Newport News Shipbuilding
Laid down 12 April 1920
Launched 17 November 1921

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Granted, it could have been a "nice touch".
But, with the cost of programming and the need to get the primary objective done, I'm not surprised.
Of course, it may simply be a scheduling situation?  The West Virginia was constructed decades earlier?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_West_Virginia_(BB-48)

👍 One day it might happen, one can only hope 

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 1

Ive already got WV41 & WV44 in my port 

• Like 1

Even if WG didn't want to do a keel-up build for WV, it would've been cool to see WV '41 slowly transform into WV '44 over the course of the Dockyard (probably just as much work for the art department, though, in the end). It'd be wildly inaccurate to have WV getting refitted adjacent to Wisconsin under construction, as the work on the two ships was completed at different facilities on opposite coasts... but it would have been a very cool visual for the event.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Ive already got WV41 & WV44 in my port 

Isn't that like.. confusing?

An yet if you look in the background of the Naval Base port, of which the current dockyard is a modified version of...

shot-24_04.13_15_22.27-0508.thumb.jpg.5f8968c04da54c23fddf3ff61ac81acf.jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

An yet if you look in the background of the Naval Base port, of which the current dockyard is a modified version of...

It would make sense as in the Naval port the ship is being worked on/refitted.

Not every Naval Base was involved in building capital ships during the war. Most on the West coast were repairing, maintaining and upgrading existing ships, or building smaller ships such as DDs, DEs, and SSs. Larger ships were typically built on the East coast and transited the Panama canal.

32 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

It would make sense as in the Naval port the ship is being worked on/refitted.

I was simply pointing out the irony that there is a ship that strongly resembles a CO-class battleship in some state of refit/repair included in the pre-existing asset that the current dockyard was based on.

I found this somewhat amusing in the context of this thread: that this event deviates from the common pattern of showing the “midpoint” reward ship (which is a CO-class battleship) somewhere in the background.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Isn't that like.. confusing?

just for you @Admiral_Karasu

shot-24.04.13_15.31.11-0286.jpg

and 

shot-24.04.13_15.31.38-0837.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Exactly, you have hit the nail right on the head, how hard would it have been to put VW 44 where that BB moored near the crane currently is, players could pan around the port and in the distant's view her, a bit of authenticity might have scored WG some GOOD WILL and ACCOLADE points from the community.

regards

14 hours ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Even if WG didn't want to do a keel-up build for WV, it would've been cool to see WV '41 slowly transform into WV '44 over the course of the Dockyard (probably just as much work for the art department, though, in the end). It'd be wildly inaccurate to have WV getting refitted adjacent to Wisconsin under construction, as the work on the two ships was completed at different facilities on opposite coasts... but it would have been a very cool visual for the event.

That would have been even better 👍

• Like 1