PQ Rage quits mid match on stream

Unlooky

16 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Pretty funny clip from the "best battleship player on the earth"

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyAwkwardOryxYouDontSay-yeNeCulra4-bzFyS

How is he, as a CC, allowed to blatantly violate the game rules by doing this? 

I think he should be punished for this, no one is allowed to do that. It's quite disappointing to see if straight from a CC...

Another reason why people should stay away from his channel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let's see what Wargaming will do next.

This could be an intentional move on the part of the CC as part of a bigger plan to draw more attention to his content?

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Let's see what Wargaming will do next.

This could be an intentional move on the part of the CC as part of a bigger plan to draw more attention to his content?

Wouldn't be surprised, either way the rules should apply to everyone and if a CC breaks them it shouldn't be ignored or taken lightly, as it's setting a bad example for the rest of the players.

• Like 3

He must of been tilting hard. You never enter the cap as a BB at that angle in randoms, you can't turn out due to the island. lol

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

He isn’t. All of the official volunteer programs represent WG as a company in a way, and WG holds us to the TOS even more than they would a regular player. And CCs represent WG even more than we do, and much more publicly. 

Intentionally quitting a battle early is considered unsporting conduct for a regular player and could result in sanctions like a game ban. Doing it as a CC (and on stream, where you can easily prove it was intentional) would almost certainly be punishable. At the very least, he’s probably going to lose some CC privileges for a while. If WG wants to push it further, it could even be grounds for removal from the CC program. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

If it was, it would be a pretty dumb move imo. 

As he’s a CC, this would almost certainly result in sanctions against him as part of that program. At minimum, he’s probably going to lose some of his CC perks for a while (like codes and other giveaways, which is part of the benefit of being in that program in the first place). It could even be grounds for them to kick him from the program. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Unlikely. Unless he plans to create drama by "forced out of the CC program by WG" (which is incredibly shortsighted and stupid) then I don't see how this was a planned/calculated move. He sounds legitimately tilted. Also, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing he actually ragequit during a KoTS season or something to that level. If that was true, then this seems all the more likely. 

I don't think its right for anyone to do this (quit early) but at the same time I can totally agree with his frustation with the BS mechanics of this game and how that cater to the lowest skilled players.

If someone didn't catch it the reason he exited the game was because just like he shows and talks about in many of his videos he is frustrated over the BS that cruisers and BB players can sit perfectly broadside to you indefinite and you wont get any citadels, and then all of a sudden you angle youre BB perfectly to an incoming salvo and suddenly they get 1-2 citadels on you .... because WG reasons...

I also feel like skills should matter in this game. If you brain fart and sit broadside on to a Vermont in youre cruiser you should get, as Jingles say "Thats a Paddeling" or sent back to port. But in most situations Vermont gets rewarded by shells flying everywhere or overpens or any other type of BS, and the cruiserplayer who dont understand that its a bad thing to show broadside to BBs will continue to do so, because that is what the game is teaching him.

Its way to much "Dumbing down" to cater to all the players that have zero interest in trying to get better at this game and to many BS mechanics that takes skill and experience out of the equation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I have punched my desk in frustration at the bullshit RNG that always besets my guns - but never protects me in return. 

BUT ....

I have NEVER rage quit out of a game before dieing legitimately. No matter how tilted I am. I ALWAYS fight to the bitter end, even when it's clear the RNG god has fosaken me entirely.

A number of these so called legendary players like PQ are nothing more than spoiled brats. Someone whose mummy never said no to.

• Like 3

I used to subscribe to him on youtube but his takes and reviews are so inaccurate. Fenyang according to him is crap, but he refuse to use it's strengths at all... Wisconsin is great BB, but he says some bullshit in his videos again.

Laughed at "best battleship player on the earth". I much better player than him

Ah... Potato Quality, now I get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This just shows how much the WoWS rendering with the RNG is so bad in that it affects player actions. I doubt PQ's shells landed where we see them in the video. Or either (tinfoil hat theory) WG has a filter on veteran WG players in preventing citadels, thus making it harder for veteran players to get good hit results.

However to walk away from a match, I would not advise it unless you had a major malfunction. And besides is the rage quit a habitual action with PQ? I doubt it is his policy to do so.

6 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Based upon my interpretation of the mini-map, the targeted ship made a turn to starboard, thus getting their armor to "angle" (as least somewhat) versus the incoming projectiles.

• Like 1

I bet nothing at all happens to him.

WG treat their celebrities different than they do the general population of players.

PQ seems to be a CC that WG likes....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Unlooky said:

I never like this dude, and the shells fall short, not like its the first time. Since he was shooting from American BB that is kinda normal, at least for me, I tend to aim a bit higher with american BBs, theor shells are falling with an arc

41 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I bet nothing at all happens to him.

WG treat their celebrities different than they do the general population of players.

PQ seems to be a CC that WG likes....

Don't the general population just get a pinkname? I wish something happened to the habitual afkers. How is it so hard to not press battle if you're not going to play? 

Raging over BB gunnery also silly. You're not guaranteed anything ever. You roll dice. It sucks in many ways but no reason to have expectations that cause you anger. 

• Like 1

His aim was poor but still got decent HP what was he expecting?

7 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Give him a break, he was simply running from rhulkb27 in an effort to unplug his internet.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Don't the general population just get a pinkname? I wish something happened to the habitual afkers. How is it so hard to not press battle if you're not going to play? 

Raging over BB gunnery also silly. You're not guaranteed anything ever. You roll dice. It sucks in many ways but no reason to have expectations that cause you anger. 

Sometimes you have unstable connection issues. When I first started playing I didn't have the best connection.

As far as the RNG on battleship gunnery...you hit the nail on the head. It's a 'game of chance'. Sometimes the game lets you win....sometimes it flips you the bird.

Honestly, I think WG is desperate to have any CCs at all after Yukongate, and I can't think of any I regularly watch at this point.  I do watch Sealord a little, but he's prone to not reading material correctly before putting a video out on it and I take most of what he says with a grain of salt until i can confirm it.  Most others I used to pay attention to either are retired or taking extended (and not undeserved) breaks.

It could well be that WG's desperation to hold onto CCs will make them hesitate to do anything here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Unlooky said:

It's not a good look I feel his anger but when I watch him which isn't to often he's always on edge about not getting good salvos on every single volley.

He probably just needs a nice long break from the game. I cant imagine streaming this game everyday for years it must get very frustrating.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

I used to watch streams by that guy who constantly rages against WG and promotes a LOT of Bad behavior ingame ( before he was so bad )  Until one game he was ranting like a spoiled brat about his team and just SUICIDED because he didn't like the way the game was going..

Absolute meltdown tantrum..

I mentioned it on the WG forum and was FLOODED with hate messages from his like minded brats.

He was still a current CC as well..

Nothing happened to him.

3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

It's not a good look I feel his anger but when I watch him which isn't to often he's always on edge about not getting good salvos on every single volley.

He probably just needs a nice long break from the game. I cant imagine streaming this game everyday for years it must get very frustrating.

And it can blind you to the real cause of your frustration.  Dispersion anxiety, torpedo disappointment, air attack dispersion blues, penetration pique, shatter vexation, and incendiary nonignition have been part of every player's experience in the game since Day One that they first sat in the big chair.  They are accepted parts of gameplay, but often become the most convenient item to blame for why we feel bad in a match.

The truth is likely something going on in the real world or the actions of our teammates that don't live up to our expectations, or even our own failings that we don't like to see.

• Like 2