Asymmetric battles are back - but it is as bad as always in the lowest tier (Tier VI)... players have no clue...

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Asymmetric battles are back - but it is as bad as always in the lowest tier (Tier VI)... players have no clue... 😞

And I just wanted to grind my second USN CV line in non-harming environment...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Exactly the same issues with my Ranger in TVI. First game very ok, but then ... 

• Like 1

Many players at these lower levels think that these bots are as stupid as the ones in Co-op.

They learn quite fast that that is not the case!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

played 1 game in t9 michelangelo and the bots got blasted without a problem, played 1 match with t6 cochrane and the entire team got wiped while half the bots still alive... will give it another try later but hopefully this wont be the norm. 

• Like 1

I had just played straight almost a dozen of asym matches, only had 2 losses, one at tier X  and the other all  the way down at tier 7, through those losses I find myself partially to blame dying too early on at tier X and arriving late and dying to defend our base in tier 7 ontop of playing half asleep. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

43 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

played 1 game in t9 michelangelo and the bots got blasted without a problem, played 1 match with t6 cochrane and the entire team got wiped while half the bots still alive... will give it another try later but hopefully this wont be the norm. 

Tier VI is brutal in "Asymmetric Battles"... players simply have no clue that this is not CoOp... 😞

But if you can find at least one competent player - win is possible... 🙂

shot-24_04.11_14_33.58-0814.thumb.jpg.7acff302730d93c9e477743d155bcafe.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

Got it done with my Ranger in an absolutely brutal fight. I pulled it of and changed defeat into victory as last man standing. Fighting on my own for almost 5 min. Our base was under constant siege and several enemies tried to make themselves comfortable there. 😁

Skjermbilde 2024-04-11 143025.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-11 143037.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-04-11 143050.jpg

• Like 4

Out in the Wisconsin for the first time in Asymmetric Battle 

Skærmbillede (784).png

Skærmbillede (785).png

Skærmbillede (786).png

Skærmbillede (787).png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

Out in the Wisconsin for the first time in Asymmetric Battle 

Hi Cammo, nice to see you here, congrats on the ship.

4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Asymmetric battles are back - but it is as bad as always in the lowest tier (Tier VI)... players have no clue... 😞

Hi Leo,

yes, I was baffled too.

Played some really smooth Tier IX-matches early this morning; everything was fine and easy-going.

Switched to Tier VII (Gneisenau) and all of a sudden I realized my team had no clue whatsoever. Lost two matches.

Switched back to Tier IX and - guess what - lost that one too although we shouldn`t have.

Two players, well experienced 52/56% with enough matches under their belt and high average damage were killed. Nothing I could do.

Maybe all they wanted was to farm some ribbons/move on to the next match; who knows.

• Like 6

Yea played 3 last night in Yorktown. Lost the first 2 with the other players having an average win rate of 42%, next game I saw a division of 4 clan mates and had higher hopes. Still lost with us being capped out by 9 ships. 

Finally won the last game being last alive against 5 ships 210k+ damage. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Hi Cammo, nice to see you here, congrats on the ship.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Gotta love T10 tho.....

image.thumb.jpeg.d95d7609408d9e35c8c0af4f6c585917.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7485f114b69d312f363361cad6df2750.jpeg

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

1 minute ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Gotta love T10 tho.....

image.thumb.jpeg.d95d7609408d9e35c8c0af4f6c585917.jpeg

Holy cow! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain_82 said:

Two players, well experienced 52/56% with enough matches under their belt and high average damage were killed. Nothing I could do.

There have been a few matches where I've been sunk early because I quite simply cannot tank six plus ships simultaneously indefinitely while other allied ships huddle too far back and are shooting bows instead of broadsides... Plus its significantly harder to have a good match when you land a game with both a sub and a carrier ally meaning the bots only have three regular surface ships to potentially shoot at in most circumstances.

Sometimes the enemy distribution can also really skew a match. Get a match with four enemy destroyers, plus a few additional Pan-Asian cruisers, and you are the recipient of an HE buffet line spiced with deep waters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kynami said:

There have been a few matches where I've been sunk early because I quite simply cannot tank six plus ships simultaneously indefinitely while other allied ships huddle too far back and are shooting bows instead of broadsides... Plus its significantly harder to have a good match when you land a game with both a sub and a carrier ally meaning the bots only have three regular surface ships to potentially shoot at in most circumstances.

Sometimes the enemy distribution can also really skew a match. Get a match with four enemy destroyers, plus a few additional Pan-Asian cruisers, and you are the recipient of an HE buffet line spiced with deep waters.

You just need to recognize that early and play accordingly, you have to use islands to limit the return fire. 

Most of what I saw last night was our battleships being too aggressive and not account for crossfire from other flanks, Getting hit for 10-20k salvos that they could have avoided entirely. 

5 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

You just need to recognize that early and play accordingly, you have to use islands to limit the return fire.

That only works so well. And yes I do use islands where possible. But when you have a game that spawned only a sub middle or other similar issues you *will* be cross-mapped on occasion. Simply because the bots 100% know the moment they can clear a gap over the mountains for their shots and have nothing better to do because there are fewer surface ships to spread their shots to.

11 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Tier VI is brutal in "Asymmetric Battles"... players simply have no clue that this is not CoOp... 😞

But if you can find at least one competent player - win is possible... 🙂

shot-24_04.11_14_33.58-0814.thumb.jpg.7acff302730d93c9e477743d155bcafe.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

you need good BBs, cruisers at that tier are made out of citadel covered in wet paper and DDs dont have the crazy firepower you can find in higher tiers.

give it another try and got this... literaly the worst posible match for cochrane.

shot-24_04.11_20_32.02-0927.thumb.jpg.26a8367ab4f08609ff0a6cbe80c80ea6.jpg

enemy bot team still had half their team by the end of the match.  

• Like 1

I played Asymmetric pretty much exclusively yesterday ... all Tier X matches.  We lost about half of them due to players who really didn't have a clue.

While I was surprised at how many people were going into Asymmetric expecting it to be like COOP, I figure it's self correcting ... they'll either decide it's too hard, or they'll learn how to play the mode.

It's not particularly pleasant, but stuff happens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kynami said:

Plus its significantly harder to have a good match when you land a game with both a sub and a carrier ally meaning the bots only have three regular surface ships to potentially shoot at in most circumstances.

Yah this is very true. A CV+Sub+3 light ships can be one of the most difficult lineups. Your 3 light ships have to able to mitigate damage, while dealing enough dmg. It requires them to typically be able to tank, angle, kite all when necessary. And if possible bounce aggro using concealment.

I've played quite a lot of Assy lately. So from my findings, when I was tier 10 I won basically all the time. When I was tier 8, playing a not very good ship Haarlem I lost a couple.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I've played quite a lot of Assy lately. So from my findings, when I was tier 10 I won basically all the time. When I was tier 8, playing a not very good ship Haarlem I lost a couple.

In higher tier all you need are napolis who know what they are doing even in a CV,Sub,3 light ship game. lol

Crazy ship. Nothing it like it in lower tiers.

• Like 1