Battle pass pays for itself

palestreamer

So for 2500 dubs you get 2500 dubs back, plus a 10 point captain, 12,000 coal, a T8 economic package, blue and green boosters, and some other odds and ends.

Not much to complain about this time around?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There are two versions of it. One pays for itself; the other does not, and IIRC gives extra coal instead. Which you get is the luck of the draw.

Some people are understandably annoyed that they didn't get the doubloon track.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Now I gotta go check it out.  Thx lol  😆

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Which you get is the luck of the draw.

And I’m one of the “lucky” ones that got the extra coal version. Which means it’s another skippable BP for me.

Oh well, guess I’ll just save those 2500 doubloons and put them toward my Wisconsin. 

• Like 4

Hi all,

11 hours ago, palestreamer said:

So for 2500 dubs you get 2500 dubs back, plus a 10 point captain, 12,000 coal, a T8 economic package, blue and green boosters, and some other odds and ends.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 4

i got the coal one so not going to bother with it unless those golden tokens are worth something.

so what are those golden token for anyway?

5 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

i got the coal one so not going to bother with it unless those golden tokens are worth something.

so what are those golden token for anyway?

Wishing Wharf

Starts: Apr 17, 02:00 AM PT (UTC-7) / your local time: Apr 17, 04:00 AM
Ends: May 15, 02:00 AM PT (UTC-7) / your local time: May 15, 04:00 AM

Due to technical difficulties, the Wishing Wharf event in the Armory will be postponed to a later date. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

In Update 13.3, you'll find the new Wishing Wharf event in the Armory. During it, you can spend Golden Tokens to try to get random rewards. Each try will cost you 100 Golden Tokens.

For every 10 tries, you're guaranteed to get one of the following permanent camouflages:

Golden Week
Dragon Boat
Asian Lantern
Yellow
Deep Red

• Like 1

And the fun part with the new Event Pass it hit the fan on the official NA stream yesterday evening for all to see. But I was one of the "lucky" ones that have the doubloons in my Event Pass so I guess the RNG was on my side 😂

Edited by Cammo1962
  • Like 2

So spend money to get dubs, spend dubs on grind, grind, have the exact same amount of dubs. 

No thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

So spend money to get dubs, spend dubs on grind, grind, have the exact same amount of dubs. 

No thanks. 

"Same amount of" doubloons plus the shiny toys & stuff earned via the amount of grinding one did.

Of course if one doesn't have time to grind, then skipping the spending of doubloons is an understandable act.
Also understandable if one has a conscientious objection.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"Same amount of" doubloons plus the shiny toys & stuff earned via the amount of grinding one did.

Of course if one doesn't have time to grind, then skipping the spending of doubloons is an understandable act.

The thing is that the lower track stuff isn't shiny enough. At least for me. Got the coal track anyway looks like.

15 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

The thing is that the lower track stuff isn't shiny enough. At least for me. Got the coal track anyway looks like.

Understandable.

Seems an awful lot of effort on WGs end to design an event, construct new camos to be purchased with the proceeds from the event. Especially when the camos, apart from looking purty, are essentially useless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Efros said:

Seems an awful lot of effort on WGs end to design an event, construct new camos to be purchased with the proceeds from the event. Especially when the camos, apart from looking purty, are essentially useless.

You mean the new, magically disappearing permanent camos?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

No thanks. 

Exactly.

15 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

What shiny toys and stuff?

Boosters and camo aren't exactly high value items...

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Exactly.

Well as long as i don't have to play more than usually, why not, the free commander is nice.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Well as long as i don't have to play more than usually, why not, the free commander is nice.

In a way, I should be happy I got the coal track, otherwise I would have needed to be peddling the hamster wheel for this BP a lot more than I'd might want to do otherwise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:
21 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

For some people, the 10-point Commander Ashikaga Teru (with a unique voice-over) is enough of a shiny toy to spend 2,500 doubloons.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/golden-week-event-pass/
26c5b278-f756-11ee-adbb-b49691e6ead0.jpg  

But, hey, I understand everyone has their own priorities.  🙂 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2024 at 11:28 PM, palestreamer said:

do you get it back? at start you do have to buy 2500 doublons, and you will spend it on something else eventually, so its a win win for WG 😄

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

do you get it back? at start you do have to buy 2500 doublons, and you will spend it on something else eventually, so its a win win for WG 😄

Agreed, you have to sink doubloons into the game. These people are experts at sales, no arguing with that!

In a way though, you get 2 battle passes for the price of one, if you use the committed dubs to get the next battle pass.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, palestreamer said:

Agreed, you have to sink doubloons into the game. These people are experts at sales, no arguing with that!

In a way though, you get 2 battle passes for the price of one, if you use the committed dubs to get the next battle pass.

And thats not all, keep in mind that golden tokens are for event that follows and I BET you will need more money to buy something what you want , since there will be not enought golden tokens to get it 😄

like I said, win win for them 😄

no everyone gets there dubs back for paying for the second line  . others get more coal instead  like i do 

• Like 1

I wonder how RNG the 'coal' vs. 'doubloon'  BP is.  I got the doubloons.  But I also have a crap load of coal (I don't buy garbage ships even if they are free).  So I wonder if they pushed the 'coal' to people who might want it.  

***Puts tinfoil hat back on the shelf.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I wonder how RNG the 'coal' vs. 'doubloon'  BP is.  I got the doubloons.  But I also have a crap load of coal (I don't buy garbage ships even if they are free).  So I wonder if they pushed the 'coal' to people who might want it.  

***Puts tinfoil hat back on the shelf.  

It would be daft of them not to offer 'personalized' events tailored to get the most likelihood of purchase.

That's just marketing 101 in the 21st century.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It would be daft of them not to offer 'personalized' events tailored to get the most likelihood of purchase.

That's just marketing 101 in the 21st century.

What about those of us who have not yet left the 20th century....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2