There is a such thing as an exciting loss...

Col_NASTY

Started out BUMMED at the MM..  @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube We were just talking about the Jager a day or so ago here so I took her out.

Just in time for a DOUBLE CV GAME😬

Was doubling back on the flank to cap and torp a few guys hunting me in the wrong direction..

I'm all alone on the flank..

Next,  Both of the CVs start looking for me and find me in the cap.

Dodging like crazy as they are cross dropping me non stop.. I'm spotted and taking fire from anything and everything in range😨

trying to finish in the cap before I die and I'm running for cover...

Ran into BOTH CVS!

Now they are both BIG MAD!

I had no choice but to fight BOTH of them at point blank range with guns and torps , they split up ( smart ) and I just dodged , fired , dodged fired..

Next thing I knew One CV DEAD..  Launched my powderpuff torps at the other then BOOM I'm Dead..

As I am catching my breath I hear that wonderful sound!

FLESHWOUND!

2 on 1 CVs and I got them both brawling in a JAGER!

First double CV Kill for me in a DD!

One CV Capt was cool about it and I got a GG,🫡

the other was BIG MAD...🤬

Tiny weak DD killed him in a straight up brawl.. He swore a bunch then called me a Coward 🤣

Even with the loss it was one of the most exciting games I have had in a week!

I'm going to turn the replay into a Vid and keep it.. It's Insane!

JAGERCVx2.thumb.png.ba2f6e6e4f86c61c252d170dc4e4e08e.pngJAGERCVx2-2.thumb.png.724664c5a989a4911b41e7cde2a1faff.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

My favorite Jaeger game had me going guns hot on the CV which had decided to come in and cap because we were down to ~4 ships a side. Killed the CV with guns, then got the BB that tried to bully me with torps - I had been so busy shooting and dodging planes I hadn't fired the torps, which was a big surprise for the BB.

12 fluffy bunny torps *will* kill a half health BB, especially when they hit in staggered waves (and you get a lucky flood on the first and the last one)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Started out BUMMED at the MM..  @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube We were just talking about the Jager a day or so ago here so I took her out.

Was doubling back on the flank to cap and torp a few guys hunting me in the wrong direction..

Dodging like crazy as they are cross dropping me non stop.. I'm spotted and taking fire from anything and everything in range😨

Ran into BOTH CVS!

I had no choice but to fight BOTH of them at point blank range with guns and torps , they split up ( smart ) and I just dodged , fired , dodged fired..

Next thing I knew One CV DEAD..  Launched my powderpuff torps at the other then BOOM I'm Dead..

FLESHWOUND!

Tiny weak DD killed him in a straight up brawl.. He swore a bunch then called me a Coward 🤣

JAGERCVx2.thumb.png.ba2f6e6e4f86c61c252d170dc4e4e08e.pngJAGERCVx2-2.thumb.png.724664c5a989a4911b41e7cde2a1faff.png

Awesome! Would love to see the game if you ever upload it. 

I recall the problem with CVs from the time I always played Yugumo - Viking style (TRB no smoke). It sucks when the CV harasses you alla game, but those games youre able to dodge it can be massive damage games.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Well played!

As for the feedback, humans are an interesting lot.  The GG you got from a mature player who recognized some exceptional play and provided feedback along those lines.

The second player...well...it's human nature to get pissed when you get taken out like that.  And when we get pissed...in the moment....we tend to lash out a bit.  I'd bet after he cooled down...and got back to a calm state...he probably concluded the same as the first guy.

Case in point...MYSELF.  I hate it when our team gets totally owned...we just collapse in a heap of doo....the epitome of failure.  And a red comes up in all chat and says GG.  Now, I know that's just a common greeting...but in my seat, it's anything but a good game.  It's a crap game and every knows it.  And the GG almost sounds patronizing.  About the only thing I feel is appropriate in all chat is for the loser to give a "well played" to the roll team.

But again, mostly the GG and WP are just courtesy words not often reflective of actual events.  They just have more meaning when coming from the losing team...or if it really was a close one (i.e., a truly GG)...either team.

All said, let the "lash outs" roll off you back.  Most of those are said in the heat of the moment common to human nature.

Lastly, the older we get the more we are reflective on the lash...and lash in.  Like "I F*** up!"  I screwed up.  Case in point...I don't DD often...but I do on occasion. T7 DD and I had the perfect run on a Nelson.  Big fat BB at my mercy.  He got one good salvo on me and he was MINE.  Ten torps...nigh point blank...and one hit.  WTH!  Man...embarrassed, I was.  [If you've seen the "A History of Violence" meme..."how did you **** that up"...yeah...that was me!!! LOL.].  Stick to BBs and CAs Soshi...you suck at DD.  But I did top out on the loss...which might have been a win if I didn't totally screw the attack run on Nelson.  But I digress.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Ran into BOTH CVS!

FLESHWOUND!

Congratulations!  Well played!  DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Off topic......my curiosity is tweaked:  what is your native language and how does "Big Mad" translate to your primary language?  I love words and I am curious.

Bolshoy mad?  thanks !

Edit:  if you are from one of "those States" in the US that has colloquialisms that defy English and are American....i.e.  "Wicked Angry"....as DownEast Mainers would say.... 

Edited by Asym
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Asym said:

Off topic......my curiosity is tweaked:  what is your native language and how does "Big Mad" translate to your primary language?  I love words and I am curious.

Bolshoy mad?  thanks !

Edit:  if you are from one of "those States" in the US that has colloquialisms that defy English and are American....i.e.  "Wicked Angry"....as DownEast Mainers would say.... 

Now you made me want a wicked cup of tea.

30 minutes ago, Asym said:

Bolshoy mad?  thanks !

Southern California Native and My Better half is a AP Lit Teacher so I get all the slang from her kids.

My kids are too old for current slang LOL.

A couple of the Grands are old enough though.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Now you made me want a wicked cup of tea.

I am "straight out" in agreement, aye-up....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I once had a SPC4 driver assigned to me.......(sigh)......whom came from the logging region of New Hampshire.  The Navajo code talkers had nothing on him.  I won't use his real name, because I still remember all of the nights at the NTC where it took hours and hours to translate what he was supposed to say.....  Good Holy Schwartz, I found a Mainer to translate and he was from "Jackman" Maine.......if you want rural, logging Maine accents.......go there quickly and leave faster (I swear, I heard Dueling Banjo's without the radio on.....)  I visited there once when I was assigned to Maine in the decade's....  

And, because I got to hear all sorts of "accents" doing what I have done these past decades, I really like the funny things some cultures giggle about in phrases that non-speakers simply haven't a clue what that meant......!!   I must award the Japanese for simply making Americans crazy.  Worked with their Military and, if you want an experience you simply will always remember, the Japanese are where you want to start.......and end.  Iranians come next.  Then, New England come to play....  Ask a Mainer about their Southern Border - you know, where they'd build a 100 foot wall to keep foreigners out....  

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Asym said:

I once had a SPC4 driver assigned to me.......(sigh)......whom came from the logging region of New Hampshire.  The Navajo code talkers had nothing on him.  I won't use his real name, because I still remember all of the nights at the NTC where it took hours and hours to translate what he was supposed to say.....  Good Holy Schwartz, I found a Mainer to translate and he was from "Jackman" Maine.......if you want rural, logging Maine accents.......go there quickly and leave faster (I swear, I heard Dueling Banjo's without the radio on.....)  I visited there once when I was assigned to Maine in the decade's....  

And, because I got to hear all sorts of "accents" doing what I have done these past decades, I really like the funny things some cultures giggle about in phrases that non-speakers simply haven't a clue what that meant......!!   I must award the Japanese for simply making Americans crazy.  Worked with their Military and, if you want an experience you simply will always remember, the Japanese are where you want to start.......and end.  Iranians come next.  Then, New England come to play....  Ask a Mainer about their Southern Border - you know, where they'd build a 100 foot wall to keep foreigners out....  

Previous generations of my Family grew-up in Berlin, NH.  
While logging operations are not as they once were, they're still ongoing.  The Brown Company paper mill has a long history, too.

I also have a copy of "The Berlin Dictionary" somewhere in my book collection.
https://www.amazon.com/Berlin-Dictionary-Rachelle-Beaudoin/dp/0557197392

Incedentally, my Grandfather on my Mother's side of the family personally knew some of the people written about in the book, "Tall Trees, Tough Men".
There are a handfull of copies, with people among my extended family tree, that are signed by my Grandfather.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/203237.Tall_Trees_Tough_Men

• Like 2

I think my most exciting game ever was a loss.  The teams were neck and neck the whole batttle.  It came down to me in my beloved witchy Salem and some dastardly crimson supervillain in a cursed Minotaur.  Like gunfighters, we were face to face, shielded by some terrain.  We knew the showdown would have to end in a rush.  I was supremely confident because my girl out-gunned the beast, especially at close range.  I started backing away so I could be assured of two salvos before he could close, but too late.  When he came, it was like a burning train, all guns blazing!  I was too close to terrain to turn to comb his torps, and my first salvo wounded but didn't kill him.  Before sweet Salem could fire again, the fish found me.  It was the matter of a second.

The cheers from chat were almost enough to make up for Defeat.  Almost.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

T6? Haven't had a look at this yet.... are the Asymmetric Battles now competing with the Operations?

16 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

T6? Haven't had a look at this yet.... are the Asymmetric Battles now competing with the Operations?

Yes.
Asymmetric battle mode allows ships from Tier-6 through Tier-10 and superships, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes.
Asymmetric battle mode allows ships from Tier-6 through Tier-10 and superships, too.

And, ASB's are the PVE version of Clan Battles....IMO.  We take five player teams with the hope of them actually working "together" so that they can take what they learn in ASB's "working together" into next season's CB's.... 

17 minutes ago, Asym said:

And, ASB's are the PVE version of Clan Battles....IMO.  We take five player teams with the hope of them actually working "together" so that they can take what they learn in ASB's "working together" into next season's CB's.... 

I think of it as Asymmetric battles.  Not Co-op, not randoms.

Sure the "original gangster" Aysmmetric battles were players versus players with 'Bots filling-in here and there to complete the team-rosters.
But, the developers have changed things for faster game-play match-making and less concern about who is going to play the low-tier ships compared with who will play the high-tier ships, in my opinion.
I feel it is a fun mode that blends aspects of Co-op with some of the concerns present in other battle modes (such as positioning and not getting focus-fired-upon too much for one's own good).

The Asymmetric bots seem to be aiming about as well as the usual Co-op bots. 
But, sometimes they retreat if damaged in Asymmetric, whereas in Co-op they'd continue to charge.

Overall, I'm mostly satisfied with the current Asymmetric battles. 
Though, I wouldn't mind if the 'bots were to level-up a bit and become a little more clever about their play as a team.  But, I suppose it is a work-in-progress.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 4

Very few things as satisfying then sending the flyin monke cages to Davy Jones!!

muttley.gif

5 hours ago, Asym said:

Bolshoy mad?  thanks !

"Take a Dash" is colloquialism for "taking a shit" in some areas of the South.

Up here in the North we have Dash buses, and if you don't want to cook you can have food delivered by Dash.  Dash food and Dash buses.  Hell, I even had a Dash WOWS game the other day.  Oh well, I gotta go...gotta go take a Dash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

"Take a Dash" is colloquialism for "taking a shit" in some areas of the South.

Up here in the North we have Dash buses, and if you don't want to cook you can have food delivered by Dash.  Dash food and Dash buses.  Hell, I even had a Dash WOWS game the other day.  Oh well, I gotta go...gotta go take a Dash.

When you gotta go you gotta go, so it's better to take a dash I suppose than the alternative....