New Temporary Test Camo

Colonel Potter

This sure to cause some people to get upset if they don't read it and pay the credits for the extra three test camo, lol. WG is removing it without compensation even if you spend the credits for it.  Just pointing it out because I failed to read stuff before and ended up regretting it. I claimed the free one, that's why it says one in inventory. Btw... the armory via the website is up.

Screenshot2024-04-10081031.thumb.jpg.7c52ed1072499b8629c4b9bd46d461e4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, get your not permanent permanent camo here....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Efros said:

Yeah, get your not permanent permanent camo here....

Think it's funny WG is referring it to a permanent camo though even though they plan on taking it away.

• Like 4

If this is the camo that gives an extra loud explosion effect, I strongly recommend making it standard camo for subs.  There has been many times I'm looking for tell-tale signs of a sub and it was already sunk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I grabbed the free one. Slapped it on my Omaha and took it out in Co-Op.

Basically it is the same animation as in Pinata when the pinata blows up.

Not worth wasting resources on it, especially seeing it is a temporary camouflage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...... just, why?

& who and/or what is WG marketing to?

but as the fishin' musician would say - "He blowed up real good..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Short question, does anyone know if you can turn of the sound effect of this camo? Whenever i'm in a match with someone who has this camo equipped, i hear this annyoing sound effect and i find it irritating after a while.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:16 PM, Justin_Simpleton said:

If this is the camo that gives an extra loud explosion effect, I strongly recommend making it standard camo for subs.  There has been many times I'm looking for tell-tale signs of a sub and it was already sunk. 

This should really be a thing, dont know how many times i tried to chase a sub just to realize it was sunk 1 min ago by some ASW I didn't see, or a flood/fire. It should be a huge, pressurized explosion on the surface with a lot of debree(?) and oil slicks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Short question, does anyone know if you can turn of the sound effect of this camo? Whenever i'm in a match with someone who has this camo equipped, i hear this annyoing sound effect and i find it irritating after a while.

Unless there was a development oversight (being a new WIP in testing after all), I’d expect one of the in-port content filters would disable it.

why would I want to explode better hahah

now, if it is the enemy...

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Unless there was a development oversight (being a new WIP in testing after all), I’d expect one of the in-port content filters would disable it.

It can be disabled by choosing to hide "Decorative" camouflages.

And it seems that there has been a bug in recent patches, that at least for "Indian Tiger-Delhi" and "Suprematism", when "Decorative" camouflage is hidden, instead of Default permanent camouflage scheme ("Tiles", previously "Type 5" for Tiers 1~5 ships without dedicated default permacamo scheme, though I have yet found when this feature was introduced) the ship will be rendered as bare, without camouflage.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

why would I want to explode better hahah

now, if it is the enemy...

We seem to be thinking alike on this issue.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 4:19 PM, Colonel Potter said:

Think it's funny WG is referring it to a permanent camo though even though they plan on taking it away.

Might be a terminology issue?
They have single-use camos and permanent camos.  But have never had to describe a "rental" camouflage before now?

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Suprematism camo huh? I so want to make a meme about this. When did I become George Carlin? Equip it to this ship and the joke writes itself.

MrGPh9Y14Z25gUsUh4MdmODUncqlSXzXD6I4Owe4

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

no captain i dont think there is a way of doing that other than  playing around with sound settings in the game 

• Like 1

wish they would stop giving us linkable camo  . to many sitting in the inventory . did WG forget the camo does nothing for us now 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

They have single-use camos and permanent camos.  But have never had to describe a "rental" camouflage before now?

Clearly this 3 camos are rentals, albeit in an exceedingly poorly thought out implementation, at least from a player perspective that is. WoT has rental camos and they work quite well, and they aren't time gated but used over a number of battles.

That's not what we are talking about here, though, is it? I'm wondering what makes WG offering rental camos labeled as 'permanent' camos different from a rip-off.

To sum up my thoughts on this, if you take this offer you get it with the 'Compliments of WG' card.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It fits in the “permanent” category because it is not consumed after a single battle, like other such camos.

Considering WG made it pretty clear in the armory that this camo is part of a new feature test and will be removed at the end of the patch, I don’t see any issue. 

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It fits in the “permanent” category because it is not consumed after a single battle, like other such camos.

Considering WG made it pretty clear in the armory that this camo is part of a new feature test and will be removed at the end of the patch, I don’t see any issue. 

Could be, at least you are right that they state it but... what if some people get a little too excited for their own good when they read 'Available for you 3' and 'permanent camo'... with a 'special effect' that presumably has been intended to lead you to think it's something 'cool'... and just hit the button without reading all the boring text... until afterwards....

I still don't like it, it stinks just as bad as a can of surströmming. It's an acquired taste, some might say...

• Like 3

There are very few non-historical camos I like.

The AL, HSF and ARP ones, Japanese Lacquer, and a few other I don't really care about because I don't play the ships concerned.

The issue is, some are in the "decorative" category, just like this monstrosity is.

It's possible to mod it out, but not only would I need to tweak the camo mod I already have installed (working on someone else's stuff is not always the simplest...), but the list of camos is now longer than my arm.

So it's either suffering from all of them, or never enjoying the ones I like, or having to spend a good amount of time to learn how to mod them out AND do it every month till I stop playing.

I don't like the direction things are going, too. An explosion of coins when sinking a ship, complete with sound effects and all?

A couple of years and we will have taunts in the game. Press a button and your ship starts dancing, with funny particle effects and everything. Fortnite style. Bleh.

Ah well, I was apparently part of the minority who enjoyed Maya's camo upon release, so it's only natural for things to be going this way. (For reminder: the ship featured her historical solid grey camo, people complained it was "ugly" and "lazy" 🙄).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Viridem said:

A couple of years and we will have taunts in the game. Press a button and your ship starts dancing, with funny particle effects and everything. Fortnite style. Bleh.

In the game Star Trek Online, we have ...

The Subspace Party Amplifier 
https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Subspace_Party_Amplifier

The Subspace Party Nullifier
https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Subspace_Party_Nullifier

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1