New Dock Yard T10 Premium BB Wisconsin for FREE if you have W.Virginia´44??

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

I'm never sure I understand WGs update notes etc but do I understand it correctly that if you have W.Virginia ´44 you will be able to grind the T10 Wisconsin for free?

Or is there some hidden catch?! (maybe some Mission Impossible Puerto Rico missions....?)

I apparently have the W.Virginia but I have no idea where I got her form?!

The difficulty and the duration of the missions will be key to this dockyard.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

let me guess, take 50 million potential damage in a DD in like 3 days haha.

But yeah its gonna be brutal grind

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

WITHOUT dying. Haha.

• Haha 1

Haha...

For free.

*With purchase...

Got to love advertising logic!

😄

So, West Virginia '44 now has a dockyard equivalent of a snowflake on it?  😉 

I think the news said if you already have the WV '44, you get 3 dockyard phases.  That prevents you from having to spend money on the dockyard for the Wisconsin.  Like Frostbow said, the devil is in the details, but technically it can be had for free, as long as you already have the WV '44.

Why did WG hide (and shrink) the citadel of the Wisconsin, compared to the Iowa and Montana? They both have the same ship hull.

From what I saw, it is well below the waterline.

Does this just promote further the H.E. spamming meta at higher tiers?

Will there be some adjustments to this ship once it is released?

1 hour ago, majmac said:

Why did WG hide (and shrink) the citadel of the Wisconsin, compared to the Iowa and Montana? They both have the same ship hull.

From what I saw, it is well below the waterline.

Does this just promote further the H.E. spamming meta at higher tiers?

Will there be some adjustments to this ship once it is released?

Any ship can be changed at any time for any reason...

So changes are possible...

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

So, West Virginia '44 now has a dockyard equivalent of a snowflake on it?  😉 

Nahhhh, they mean you gotta trade it in to get a free dockyard grind for Wisconsin.

🤣

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, majmac said:

Each of the Iowa-class hulls in game actually has a unique armor model/hull.

Missouri has the same geometry but better armor than Iowa in some locations (slightly thicker side plating/torpedo protection and notably thicker athwartship casemate plating), while Illinois has Iowa’s armor values but a slightly lower and narrower citadel. Iowa does have some advantages over the other two, though, having the improved US BB heal over MO and nearly 11k more HP than Illinois.

Edit: Delaware has an even lower citadel than Illinois that is likewise narrowed, although it extends farther aft due to the movement of the rear turret.

MO’s altered armor reflects the historical design modifications implemented in her and WI, while the modified citadel of Illinois was probably a balancing decision (she has a lot less HP and main battery range than her sisters). WI should have MO’s armor values, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs also decided to base her on the hull of Illinois. It’s a newer and more polished asset to start with, and the smaller and harder to hit citadel wouldn’t be out of place considering that despite her gimmicks WI is still fundamentally a tier IX hull elevated to tier X - that extra bit of survivability might have been deemed necessary.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

I really wonder how bad the grind is going to be. Hopefully it is not torture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I really wonder how bad the grind is going to be. Hopefully it is not torture.

I wouldn't be surprised, WG isn't known for their generosity after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Any ship can be changed at any time for any reason...

So changes are possible...

I should have been clearer, even though experienced WoWS players know the obvious you are stating.

My point is, that this ship is presently fitted-out as a very strong ship. And, the CCs have been promoting in their video broadcasts just what a great ship this is.

That is good for WG at this point, because many will grind/buy the ship in the Dockyard thinking they are getting a great ship.

But, after the dust has settled (and WG has collected their money)  and the changes have been made, what then?

Think of the last two Dockyard ships. How many of them do you see daily now?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I guess one has to study after update is implemented how the last two stages look. I have the VW so it is important.

2 hours ago, majmac said:

I should have been clearer, even though experienced WoWS players know the obvious you are stating.

My point is, that this ship is presently fitted-out as a very strong ship. And, the CCs have been promoting in their video broadcasts just what a great ship this is.

That is good for WG at this point, because many will grind/buy the ship in the Dockyard thinking they are getting a great ship.

But, after the dust has settled (and WG has collected their money)  and the changes have been made, what then?

Think of the last two Dockyard ships. How many of them do you see daily now?

There is not many of the DY ships that are often encountered at all. I have all of them and I rarely play them as none is high up on the priority list. The German DD is probably the one I played most if I take into account the time elapsed.

29 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

There is not many of the DY ships that are often encountered at all. I have all of them and I rarely play them as none is high up on the priority list. The German DD is probably the one I played most if I take into account the time elapsed.

I play Puerto Rico and Atlantico a lot. The rest not so much and some almost never. I think Wisconsin will be one I play a lot.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I'm never sure I understand WGs update notes etc but do I understand it correctly that if you have W.Virginia ´44 you will be able to grind the T10 Wisconsin for free?

Or is there some hidden catch?! (maybe some Mission Impossible Puerto Rico missions....?)

I apparently have the W.Virginia but I have no idea where I got her form?!

Yep that is correct. We still don't know how hard the missions are though. Hopefully they're not too bad because this is a ship you will 100% want to get.

13 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

My God man that's easy I think  the event " Sink 5 DD's in Asahio with Torpedoes only " will be the real challenge.

regards

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, tm63au said:

My God man that's easy I think  the event " Sink 5 DD's in Asahio with Torpedoes only " will be the real challenge.

regards

That's too easy. The real challenge would be to destroy one of the Two Brothers using the main battery.

regards

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Well it's for a T10, so you know it's not going to be a cakewalk.

It's also for a very desirable T10 with a special trick up its sleeve, so that's probably going to come with a side order of spice too. 

I'm going to chill until the new patch goes live and the missions are published. All I would ask is that if you're going to flip your sh** and freak out, you post the entire mission list so we can all freak out together in context. 😎

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 4

Looking at the all youtube videos about Wisconsin, it looks so huuuuge, is it bigger then Montana? 

11 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

videos about Wisconsin, it looks so huuuuge

Simply, WG marketing sleight of hand.

As to this DY event - I've never participated & I'm not going to begin now.

If only a great majority of players would boycott Wedgie lollipop sucker offerings then Wedgie would get the message.

Too many Wedgie suckers & Wedgie knows this 😒

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

7 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Simply, WG marketing sleight of hand.

As to this DY event - I've never participated & I'm not going to begin now.

If only a great majority of players would boycott Wedgie lollipop sucker offerings then Wedgie would get the message.

Too many Wedgie suckers & Wedgie knows this 😒

why not, at least dockyard event make you play more games but at the end you dont have to spend money ,they are not like that random bundles where you have to cash out tons of money

59 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Looking at the all youtube videos about Wisconsin, it looks so huuuuge, is it bigger then Montana? 

As planned, the Montana-class would have been about 10m longer than the Iowa-class, 4m wider at the beam, and 10-11k tons heavier.

Iowa is so much larger than the preceding South Dakotas for similar reasons that Hood was so much larger than the QEs despite being built to similar specifications in regards to firepower and armor: the engine power and hull form required to achieve their high speeds.

Edited by Nevermore135