Your most favourite Masterpiece Classic Series

Aethervox

I Claudius - the first? Masterpiece Classic Series has to be my favourite  because I like ancient history, the two books by Robert Graves were excellent & the acting was so good.

• Thanks 1

I don't know Masterpiece Classic Series, but I've seen 'I Claudius', twice I think. I still don't like snakes, and I'm wary of eating figs as well. It's an excellent series, I agree, and the cast is packed with the best of Britain's acting talent.

At this point what qualifies as Classic? 

I, Claudius is great (Big fan of Robert Graves here, Count Belisarius must be My most re-read book ever), but in terms of production value, scale and general Quality I think it is hard to surpass Band of Brother. I don't think likely something ever getting on the same scale.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

At this point what qualifies as Classic? 

I, Claudius is great (Big fan of Robert Graves here, Count Belisarius must be My most re-read book ever), but in terms of production value, scale and general Quality I think it is hard to surpass Band of Brother. I don't think likely something ever getting on the same scale.

Also with some of that classic British acting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't know Masterpiece Classic Series

I believe PBS TV channel has a title show called 'Masterpiece Classic' where many TV series productions are shown for well over 25 years now - a lot of (or all of) them produced in the UK or using mainly UK actors & actresses. I began this post from a comment iDuckman made on the WoWS Movie Club thread where he mentioned I, Claudius.

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 2