Research costs for Commonwealth Cruisers (per WG Wiki).

Ensign Cthulhu

The following are derived from the Wiki, and these figures have been shown to be reliable for previous lines. Published for those who went only so far in the first phase of early access and who want to know how many XP they have to grind to get the next ship on release.

If you spent no money on the event, you will have the Delhi with B hull and will be at position *** below (Delhi B Hull in hand). If you bought the completed Track 2 battle pass, you are probably at position ***** below (Uganda B Hull in hand). 

T1 Sutlej - 0

T2 Port Jackson - 100 XP

200 XP for B hull

200 XP for B gunfire control system

T3 Caradoc - 2200 XP after T2 B hull

900 XP for B hull

600 XP for B GFCS

T4 Dunedin - 5600 XP after T3 B hull

2400 XP for B hull

1600 XP for B GFCS

T5 Delhi - 11,500 XP after T4 B hull

Figures for B hull and GFCS not currently available. This ship was available without paying money.

T6 Hobart - 36,000 XP after T5 B hull ***

13,500 XP for B hull

9,000 XP for B GFCS

T7 Uganda - 72,000 XP after T6 B hull. This ship was available for a fixed expenditure of the paid battle pass (assuming completion thereof). *****

24,000 XP for B hull

16,000 XP for B GFCS

T8 Auckland - 110,000 XP after T7 B hull. This and subsequent ships required buying crates with event tokens for a bundle chain progression.

36,000 XP for B hull

24,000 XP for B GFCS

T9 Encounter - 170,000 XP after T8 B hull. This ship was available in early access only in event crates as a random chance.

48,000 XP for B hull

32,000 XP for B GFCS

T10 Cerberus - 240,000 XP after T9 B Hull. This ship was available in early access only after a very deep spend.

This ship has no upgrades to research.

I bought the battle pass to get everything up to the Uganda in port and enable me to do the missions to win a T6, T7 and T8 perma econ bonus. The total value of these is worth far more than the pass. I already had the Mysore so I got more event tokens for that, and I was able to pick up a 10 point Leonard Murray commander after grabbing the Uganda.

This leaves me with 110,000 XP to earn in 28 days, or a little under 4000 per day if I want the Auckland on day 1 of release. If I have read the permabonus mission correctly, it will still be active for a few days past the point where the line goes live, and in that case I will be able to pick up a T9 permabonus for the Encounter. If this is the case, then yes, I need to reassess my current grind priorities and get to work on that. Fortunately, the Uganda is proving to be a fun ship to drive in co-op; and grinding 4K XP a day on it won't be an onerous task.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

Currently, I have the Port Jackson in my Port.  🙂 

• Like 1

I've gotten the 10 pt & the 6 pt Com Cpts with the easily acquired Com coins for when the Commonwealth Cruisers are free to obtain. Being Cdn, I will have the Caradoc & the Uganda (Canada had the Ontario & Quebec cruisers of this ship class) on NA account. Thanks, Cthulhu, for listing the XP requirements for the tiers & their upgrades.

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 1

I had enough free tokens to get Delhi, and quickly got over 36k XP on her for the expected researching of Hobart come release day.  I also got the 10-point commander, maybe the final 150 tokens will get me a camo.

• Like 1

Grinding the whole event gets you a tier V techtree-ship these days? No wonder the exterminated the Forums and moved to shady Discord. In the Void you cant hear the complaints.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I got the 10point captain and lots of credits with my tokens. Tier's 1-6 are just too easy to grind threw and cost less credits then I get from the tokens. 

I think the ship XP costs are the same as in other tiers, at least, many T7s seem to cost 72000 xp.  So that's what I've got saved up on the T6, ready to unlock the Uganda.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The following are derived from the Wiki, and these figures have been shown to be reliable for previous lines. Published for those who went only so far in the first phase of early access and who want to know how many XP they have to grind to get the next ship on release.

If you spent no money on the event, you will have the Delhi with B hull and will be at position *** below (Delhi B Hull in hand). If you bought the completed Track 2 battle pass, you are probably at position ***** below (Uganda B Hull in hand). 

T1 Sutlej - 0

T2 Port Jackson - 100 XP

200 XP for B hull

900 XP for B hull

600 XP for B GFCS

2400 XP for B hull

1600 XP for B GFCS

Figures for B hull and GFCS not currently available. This ship was available without paying money.

13,500 XP for B hull

9,000 XP for B GFCS

T7 Uganda - 72,000 XP after T6 B hull. This ship was available for a fixed expenditure of the paid battle pass (assuming completion thereof). *****

24,000 XP for B hull

16,000 XP for B GFCS

T8 Auckland - 110,000 XP after T7 B hull. This and subsequent ships required buying crates with event tokens for a bundle chain progression.

36,000 XP for B hull

24,000 XP for B GFCS

T9 Encounter - 170,000 XP after T8 B hull. This ship was available in early access only in event crates as a random chance.

48,000 XP for B hull

32,000 XP for B GFCS

T10 Cerberus - 240,000 XP after T9 B Hull. This ship was available in early access only after a very deep spend.

I bought the battle pass to get everything up to the Uganda in port and enable me to do the missions to win a T6, T7 and T8 perma econ bonus. The total value of these is worth far more than the pass. I already had the Mysore so I got more event tokens for that, and I was able to pick up a 10 point Leonard Murray commander after grabbing the Uganda.

This leaves me with 110,000 XP to earn in 28 days, or a little under 4000 per day if I want the Auckland on day 1 of release. If I have read the permabonus mission correctly, it will still be active for a few days past the point where the line goes live, and in that case I will be able to pick up a T9 permabonus for the Encounter. If this is the case, then yes, I need to reassess my current grind priorities and get to work on that. Fortunately, the Uganda is proving to be a fun ship to drive in co-op; and grinding 4K XP a day on it won't be an onerous task.

thanks @Ensign Cthulhu now i know how much i needed for the T10  

• Like 1

Hm. On one hand I couldn't care less about playing yet another pointless HE spammer line. On the other I have like 200+ blue xp flags

14 hours ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Grinding the whole event gets you a tier V techtree-ship these days?

Believe it or not, some people complained about it being too easy to climb the tech tree with these early bird events. So there you go, "WG listened to the feedback and the free track only gets you to T5..." 

14 hours ago, Gasboy said:

I think the ship XP costs are the same as in other tiers, at least, many T7s seem to cost 72000 xp.

There are always small variations here and there - and large variations in some other places; some lines in some nations are more expensive than others for the same number and type of ships. But cruisers seem to come out to within about 2000 XP of each other, and my gut feeling is that the last few lines have been more or less standardized.

9 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Hm. On one hand I couldn't care less about playing yet another pointless HE spammer line. On the other I have like 200+ blue xp flags

3 Op matches with blue boosters and Uganda was done. 😎

• Like 1

Hi all,

On 4/8/2024 at 5:25 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

T1 Sutlej - 0

T2 Port Jackson - 100 XP

200 XP for B hull

900 XP for B hull

600 XP for B GFCS

2400 XP for B hull

1600 XP for B GFCS

13,500 XP for B hull

9,000 XP for B GFCS

24,000 XP for B hull

16,000 XP for B GFCS

36,000 XP for B hull

24,000 XP for B GFCS

48,000 XP for B hull

32,000 XP for B GFCS

Unfortunately just 7 days of Asymmetric battles for the Commonwealth cruiser grind... 😞

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/p/global-updates-live-pts-wgc-regions.html

Leo "Apollo11"

On 4/8/2024 at 10:25 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This leaves me with 110,000 XP to earn in 28 days, or a little under 4000 per day if I want the Auckland on day 1 of release. If I have read the permabonus mission correctly, it will still be active for a few days past the point where the line goes live, and in that case I will be able to pick up a T9 permabonus for the Encounter. 

Thanks for this, I hate that you can't preview the xp costs of upgrades/ships anymore, this will be helpful for my spreadsheet. 

I did not realize the camo missions extend past the update, I may join you in grinding the Uganda then for the T9 econ bonus. 

Got all of them except T10. Got lucky with the T9 dropping from one of the few crates I bought too. Bring on the T10...

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder

32 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Thanks for this, I hate that you can't preview the xp costs of upgrades/ships anymore, this will be helpful for my spreadsheet. 

I did not realize the camo missions extend past the update, I may join you in grinding the Uganda then for the T9 econ bonus. 

Uganda grinds the T8 (Auckland) bonus pack. You need T8 to grind the T9 (Encounter) bonus pack. The ship you grind gives the bonus pack for the next ship up the line.

• T5 > T6 bonus pack
  • T6 > T7 bonus pack
  • T7 > T8 bonus pack
  • T8 > T9 bonus pack
  • T9 > T10 bonus pack

1 hour ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I did not realize the camo missions extend past the update

I stress that this requires confirmation before being taken as gospel.

36000xp isn't much, I got 2715 green xp bonus to burn so it will just take less than 10 grinds to finish off. I don't mind grinding as at the moment I am still flooding with lower levels of bonus at the moment.

P.S. Someone from group chat send a photo of the Mir Korabli side,  their BP is still giving out T8 boats as at the end reward. Maybe it is just "The grass is always greener on the other side"

14 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Uganda grinds the T8 (Auckland) bonus pack. You need T8 to grind the T9 (Encounter) bonus pack. The ship you grind gives the bonus pack for the next ship up the line.

• T5 > T6 bonus pack
  • T6 > T7 bonus pack
  • T7 > T8 bonus pack
  • T8 > T9 bonus pack
  • T9 > T10 bonus pack

Yes, but if it extends into the next update I can grind Uganda to completion then purchase Auckland on release day. 

13 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

😛 too late now, if not available we storm Canada with torch and pitchfork. 

17 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

15 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Unfortunately it does not. The mission runs until 5 am ET on May 15th (for NA), which is when the early access period ends and the servers go down for the update (since this is a five week patch). 

The only way to get further than Hobart’s bonus (if you did the free pass)/Auckland’s bonus (from the paid BP side) is to spend lots of doubloons on crates. At which point, you’d be better off just buying the bonus packages directly if your goal is to get the bonus packages. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

On 4/9/2024 at 1:07 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Unfortunately just 7 days of Asymmetric battles for the Commonwealth cruiser grind... 😞

Only if you’re grinding the last one you got in early access. Asymmetric battles are only running during 13.3, and the cruisers won’t be researchable until 13.4. There’s no overlap between the two. 

Hi all,

15 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Only if you’re grinding the last one you got in early access. Asymmetric battles are only running during 13.3, and the cruisers won’t be researchable until 13.4. There’s no overlap between the two. 

Darn... I thought/hoped for at least small overlap... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"