The Developers don't the play the game: Spring 2024 Edition

YouSatInGum

...and in the latest entry of "... so have you actually logged into a server a played your own game?..."

We have the latest Supership announcement the Jacksonville

image.thumb.png.a60098753be9ebcd6d1afe851cf71d0a.png

Ok... so we have mostly uncompetitive and powercrept old T10 and let's grow the schnoz and slap some different turrets on it and call it day.

So 20% more guns... maybe?? t10 to T11 material (I mean Annapolis needed 33% to keep up with Conde) But apparently somebody still works at WG that remembers the bad old days of their Bread and Butter BB's bitching about fires...can't have that again.... so reload is debuffed and so DPM is only about 15% more than the Clan Battle benchwarming Wooster.N

So maybe there's a funny button that saves the day?

Ha!

No, in fact it's the opposite... and my primary motivation for this post. 

This is definitely the stupidest most ill conceived funny button yet!

If you manage to land 100 consecutive shells then you get ... wait for it ... 30 seconds of IFHE!

Great right?  Except that IFHE will only help you against an increasingly small number of ships in WOWS 2024.

Most BB's released in the last 2 years either exceed the 37mm armor pen of IFHE wooster or are super mobile, super healing, or both battle cruisers that only potatoes will allow somebody to continuously farm them.

...and before somebody brings up that you can already take IFHE to get 46mm of pen... bear in mind that IFHE wooster is a decidedly inferior build and that 100 continuous hit is a lot.  Practically speaking 500 hits isn't a half bad wooster game, so only getting to use this ability for maybe 2 or 3 times a match seems .... really weak.

image.thumb.png.bf3958f3c6b415302ce7e951c591940a.png

And to keep perspective on how bad this trade off is, keep in mind that this tumorous wooster is likely to be a bigger clumsier and most overmatchable target...

...and finally let's compared to it's accomplished big brother Annapolis, who with bigger shells and superior AP pen and angles comes stock with 366k HE DPM while lil bro has 396k.  And for this 8% DPM improvement you give up the AP, HP, armor, 32+ base HE pen, and an actually useful funny button.

Really WG?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Call me purple, but it sounds like you wanted a pay to win super ship to be more super.       

Yeah, because it's i win button that apparently doesn't hurt fire chance should be up 24-7...

• Confused 1

Why are there so many Daleks on that ship? Looks like a Dalek transport to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If you don't like it, don't acquire it.

Plenty of ships in the game to play.

20 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But what if this one can really EXTERmINATE!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

But what if this one can really EXTERmINATE!

WG won't allow that in the game for long...unless it's a CV or sub...because there are MM volume targets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG won't allow that in the game for long...unless it's a CV or sub...because there are MM volume targets.

More likely there are quarterly targets.

• Thanks 1

WG staff do play the game, but when they play everyone is "amazed at" their understanding of the game.

This is a CC steaming WG's stream to his audiences a few days ago, just see how he reacts to WG staff's gaming skills.

It's a very good stream to be honest......if making people laugh makes a good stream. I can't help laughing when watching it.

image.thumb.png.5ef5d87262cd687155e3fefb53cc0ba5.pngimage.thumb.png.a564214af106ce9e7747bacc8cd70a70.png

image.thumb.png.6351c65d59a94435a486773033564d4a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On this topic, I have no interest on T11 ships but T11 US CL is indeed designed with little understanding on the game.

Ah, but are the WG CMs streaming actual developers of the game?

Most of those guys don't actually participate in the game development...they are just paid to sell us the party line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ah, but are the WG CMs streaming actual developers of the game?

Most of those guys don't actually participate in the game development...they are just paid to sell us the party line.

Correct, they're just paid meatshields who's duties are to deflect, dodge, evade direct questioning about issues. Also to hype how good WeeGee's sales marketing and gameplay is. As for the devs I've heard they average about 300 games each. How the hell can you make improvements with that small of a sample size?

• Like 3

I mean, T11s couldn't all be OP monsterbotes compared to the preceding T10s, or WG wouldn't be able to keep pretending that they aren't just powercreeping the entire tier bite by bite.

7 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Yeah, because it's i win button that apparently doesn't hurt fire chance should be up 24-7...

Did you even read what I wrote?  IFHE is of marginal value against the vast majority of targets.  In what way is that I win?

Especially at 100 hits to activate it's easily the least useful funny button in the game... even compared to T10 FB's.

8 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Call me purple, but it sounds like you wanted a pay to win super ship to be more super.       

The prevailing opinion is that currently she isn't super at all, due to the current design solving none of the problems that drove Worcester to irrelevance while creating some new ones, from a bigger and more clumsy hull to the essential problem of all new superships that she will always be matched against previous supership counterparts: Conde, Annapolis, Clausewitz, Piemonte, Edgar and even Novosibirsk.

For reference, when also developing a similar ship (Chesapeake), Lesta developers opted to give Vallejo ballistics and USN heavy cruiser improved autobounce (that ship is T10 with a similar configuration, though without radar).

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I get your statement however you have to consider the opportunity cost here... every lazy low effort crap ship they create takes the place of one that could have been competitive boat or something really fun to play.

Not to mention they got the history totally wrong.... further developments of Wooster would have gone this way: http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-54_mk65.php

....as for somebody like me who plays mostly for CB.... I'd really like to have something other Moskva, Petro, Napoli, Conde, Marsielle, or Annapolis to pick from.

You'd think they learn from how tragic Clausewitz turned out the be.... but then again they are the original slow learners....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I get your statement however you have to consider the opportunity cost here... every lazy low effort crap ship they create takes the place of one that could have been competitive boat or something really fun to play.

Not to mention they got the history totally wrong.... further developments of Wooster would have gone this way: http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-54_mk65.php

....as for somebody like me who plays mostly for CB.... I'd really like to have something other Moskva, Petro, Napoli, Conde, Marsielle, or Annapolis to pick from.

You'd think they learn from how tragic Clausewitz turned out the be.... but then again they are the original slow learners....

I've given up expecting the game to develop in good ways.

I've decided I play what I want, and ignore the rest.

Eventually, the game will get bad enough that Ill move on.

WG has been so incompetent for so long, I no longer care if they will kill their own game...it's just a matter of time.

Eventually, someone will come up with a better game and we will all just move on.

Don't worry too much about whether WG is successful...they don't deserve success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

the Jacksonville

I do not play 'Stuporships'. I do not care.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

2 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

If you really don't care, you may just remain silent and go to another post.

• Haha 1

Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

If you really don't care, you may just remain silent and go to another post.

💩

• Haha 2
  • Bored 1

11 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Supership

A WG farce inclusion, as if any of them were ever built. Another farce class just like Subs (as WG designed) and the reworked CVs (another WG design failure). No 'Jack'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

• Bored 1

The new Jacksonville also has a 11.5sec rudder, which is ridiculous. Such rudder only works fine on San Martin because it has absurd repair potential and better concealment.

Even Edgar has multiple problems that do not exist in the Minotaur, making it more of a sidegrade than upgrade.

Instead of closely following the design from the original T10s, WG seems to be taking "creative liberties" with their superships.

This creates a lot of problems when WG clearly doesn't understand CLs, further worsened by the fact WG insists on them being countered by ships within their own class.

On another note, a large portion of the playerbase don't care to play CLs, nor seem to understand them either.

So most likely it'll go through testing with only minor changes, and it'll never properly compete with super CAs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

On this topic, I have no interest on T11 ships but T11 US CL is indeed designed with little understanding on the game.

I am confused, is that a good thing?

19 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Why are there so many Daleks on that ship? Looks like a Dalek transport to me.

EX-SHERMAN-ATE_parodyrelatedtotheForrestShermanDestroyerinWOWs_03-08-2022_.thumb.jpg.e58b60ab5f9a587f081f7cc5d9d89492.jpg

• Haha 2

why the need for superships  and now another  . cost to much resorces just to play them  . i have a few abut i rarely sail them now