From Russia with a little bit of trolling

00_PureEvil_00

Hello to everyone who's reading this (if somebody does).

Lesta (developers of Russian splinter of WoWS) has just announced a new US destroyer branch. They are your typical gunboats with lots of dakka (but not enough, 'cause ITS NEVAR ENUFF DAKKA) and flat ballistics, but not so good torps and just Damage Control as consumables. Yes, you read it right: no Engine Boost, no smoke, just DCP and faith in the power of democracy and freedom. As for historical background... well, the devs took a bunch of historical designs and had a lot of "fun" (and salts, 'cause they're in St. Pete) with them.

But the funniest thing? The ships are all named after Confederacy figures. Combine this with the fact that Lesta offered a great discount on USS Texas when the whole IRL thing around Texas started... 😏

P.S. They also announced Kutuzov's brother with Italian flavor, French modified Regolo (as a torpedo boat, Carl!) and uptiered Spanish Lepanto with blackjack and who... HE shells and Burst Fire, named Conquistador (they could at lest make her a Conqueror clone 😁). But they are less funny.

P.P.S. If someone's interested in such content, I have lots of potential tech tree branches sketched in my files, including "healthy man's" version of US gunboat DDs. I could post it here... if only I could overcome my laziness πŸ˜…

5KbxZvtMZvC4B16U7SFfxy9pNZ1GQ23JLxYIzBDD.jpg

gkAvUf93n0oQxBwH6RgNXKfZtGAPxBu86MdrzFfF.jpg

IuZ3fO3UoE3oVjfhKC6N40BSyaj0DclOWy1144OF.jpg

UY8bEx53iVUAV3Z8YFcORz9WQki7605dyrF8O3SV.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 3

Apparently torp loadouts don't offer enough diversity.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

American DD's with flat-shooting gun ballistics?Β  What a country.Β  πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 2

They are also currently running another Mosfilm collab featuring a Soviet cult black humor Sci-fi classic, "Kin-dza-dza!" from 1986.

Collab contents include a "Kin-dza-dza" port that recreates the barren, desert alien world of "Pluke" with player's warships lie gounded between the dunes; event commanders created after main characters of that film; an event ship created after the film's aesthetics (the "Delaware Test") and an event skin of Admiral Nakhimov that changes all aircraft models into the "flying metal cans" of the aliens featured in the movie.

• Like 1

Have you ever wondered when 'enough" is "enough?"

This is watching how clone troopers were made and then, thrown out......

Gosh, I just can't see their end game....Β 

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

American DD's with flat-shooting gun ballistics?Β  What a country.Β  πŸ™‚Β 

Phfftt....Β  We are always 15mm or 15,000 FPs or 1,500 Km's behind those whom oppose the US...Β  Their 7.62 is bigger than ours....Β  The US has always been a half-a-step behind them in arms and 20 miles ahead of them in "What the Pock was that?"Β Β 

So, another American DD line..........Β  image.png.4cb993d6937f373aea08c0f6f6fe34e9.png

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

Β 

the gun turrets look wrong the top two look like American cruisers, while the bottom two look like cold war European designs

or is it just me overthinking it, the structure looks wrong, so does the hull in fact nothing looks American design to me

in general it looks like the took a light cruiser scaled it down than worked backwards to make it destroyer "like"

Honestly I think Lesta WG is cooking with some stuff.

33 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Honestly I think Lesta WG is cooking with some stuff.

Hard supstances seem to be on discount there yes...

I mean only DCP? What the actual f*

• Like 1

Β "tell me you're running out of ship names without telling me you're running out of ships names."

Is it to late to assemble a naming committee, specifically tailored for naming ships?

I'm asking for a friend..

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Β "tell me you're running out of ship names without telling me you're running out of ships names."

Is it to late to assemble a naming committee, specifically tailored for naming ships?

I'm asking for a friend..

I was on the USS Kidd in July of last year and it's hull number was 661.Β Β  Think about that, 661.Β  Imagine this game two years from now where every nation, Greenland and Iceland included, that have three DD lines.....

Such a hot mess our host has created for itself.

• Bored 1

9 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

They are also currently running another Mosfilm collab featuring a Soviet cult black humor Sci-fi classic, "Kin-dza-dza!" from 1986.

Collab contents include a "Kin-dza-dza" port that recreates the barren, desert alien world of "Pluke" with player's warships lie gounded between the dunes; event commanders created after main characters of that film; an event ship created after the film's aesthetics (the "Delaware Test") and an event skin of Admiral Nakhimov that changes all aircraft models into the "flying metal cans" of the aliens featured in the movie.

I think that a collaboration event may explain some of what's going on.Β  Thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, Yedwy said:

I mean only DCP? What the actual f*

What exactly is unusual about a DD only having Damage Control Party?
The *unusual* is for a DD to have a Repair Party.

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

What exactly is unusual about a DD only having Damage Control Party?
The *unusual* is for a DD to have a Repair Party.

The new USN destroyers have only DCP and don't seem to have access to modified damage saturation or improved accleration. No smokescreen or engine boost that are generally considered essential for most destroyers.

8 hours ago, kriegerfaust said:

Β 

the gun turrets look wrong the top two look like American cruisers, while the bottom two look like cold war European designs

or is it just me overthinking it, the structure looks wrong, so does the hull in fact nothing looks American design to me

in general it looks like the took a light cruiser scaled it down than worked backwards to make it destroyer "like"

you're not over thinking.

the 7 and 8 appears to have Omaha cruiser turrets, and the 9 and 10 appear to be twin Austin/Forrest Sherman/Joshua Humphreys type guns, which does put them post WW2.

Β 

Β 

13 hours ago, 00_PureEvil_00 said:

gkAvUf93n0oQxBwH6RgNXKfZtGAPxBu86MdrzFfF.jpg

the Civil War did not come to mind when I saw this.

This did:
the-dukes-of-hazard-dissapointed.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 00_PureEvil_00 said:

and just Damage Control as consumables. Yes, you read it right: no Engine Boost, no smoke, just DCP

People went off their nut because the British destroyers had no speed boost, but that worked out. Then they lost their absolute minds because French destroyers had no smoke, but Kleber and Marceau are among the most frequently banned tech-tree DDs in high level competitive.Β 

Now here you are losing your mind again. Based on previous form, I think this new line (if we also get it) will be just fine.

As for the names... well, some people are easily triggered, aren't they?

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

People went off their nut because the British destroyers had no speed boost, but that worked out. Then they lost their absolute minds because French destroyers had no smoke, but Kleber and Marceau are among the most frequently banned tech-tree DDs in high level competitive.Β 

Now here you are losing your mind again. Based on previous form, I think this new line (if we also get it) will be just fine.

As for the names... well, some people are easily triggered, aren't they?

From the beginning of this game it has been decided that every ship should have a proper name, unlike the cases of tanks and aircrafts. I would consider that Lesta developers are intentionally using these names for a very... "papery" and probably rather fictional alternative branch.

Another related issue is that there seems to be too few US State names still available relating to the considerable number of potential USN battleship designs and projects.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Asym said:

Gosh, I just can't see their end game....Β 

Niether can I.Β  But I'm not idenifying the situation as train approaching from the other end of a figurative tunnel.Β  πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Asym said:

I was on the USS Kidd in July of last year and it's hull number was 661.Β Β  Think about that, 661.Β 

Cool.
What exactly are the cogitations that you're arriving at from "Think about that, 661"?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The new USN destroyers have only DCP and don't seem to have access to modified damage saturation or improved accleration. No smokescreen or engine boost that are generally considered essential for most destroyers.

Hmm.Β  I wonder what their concealment/detection radius is?

8 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Another related issue is that there seems to be too few US State names still available relating to the considerable number of potential USN battleship designs and projects.

How many State's names remain available?

Β 

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

How many State's names remain available?

Β 

32 have been used of the 50, not counting duplicated ships.

image.thumb.png.98475ed013cd9a392e5ddc2f03ee6cd3.png

image.thumb.png.8528b7fdd783f20e7a3bdf6c274a844b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How about adding fictional US States, can't be much more complicated a process than pulling ships virtually out of thin air (yes, I know that isn't true, of course, they all come from the Lesta Cafeteria Napkin Cabinet...)

3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

32 have been used of the 50, not counting duplicated ships.

Thanks.Β  And the Alaska is a cruiser.Β Β πŸ€”

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Think about that, 661.Β 

I think more often about USS Black's hull number. 😈

But you really need to complain to the fanatics who want EVERY Fletcher-class DD represented in-game. They are your true enemyΒ πŸ˜›

Β 

• Haha 1