The first 5 minutes with Kansas

Justin_Simpleton

Kansas is a fun ship for getting into all sorts of trouble and somehow coming through.  The first five minutes of this replay is an example of having lots of fun killing DDs with my BB.  The remainder of the replay is a chase scene where I got him in the end. 

20240404_193024_PASB108-Kansas_40_Okinawa.wowsreplay  

btw - The replay doesn't show that I completed two missions for "Hit em hard..."

• Like 5

Five minutes you say, did you even had time to get into serious action then? 

Joke aside, I have got all these alt US BB line captains to 21. For me accurate guns is the most important factor if I like a ship or not.

• Like 2

Didn't watch, but I can imagine that after 5 mins you are getting close enough to admire your first island.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Didn't watch, but I can imagine that after 5 mins you are getting close enough to admire your first island.

Don't you mean after five minutes you cuddle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I avoided playing Kansas for ages it came out, rhen there was some mission that I had to play with it.

And damn its an amazing ship, sure its slow, but slow means you cant die fast 😄

Seriously..its a great ship, too bad it doesnt have more speed.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I avoided playing Kansas for ages it came out, rhen there was some mission that I had to play with it.

And damn its an amazing ship, sure its slow, but slow means you cant die fast 😄

Seriously..its a great ship, too bad it doesnt have more speed.

Perhaps the slow speed is a plus if you are looking for longer battles... Need to think about this a bit.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Perhaps the slow speed is a plus if you are looking for longer battles... Need to think about this a bit.

maybe but you cant react to cover some positions on the map beacouse you are so slow. I consider him as a great support BB

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

maybe but you cant react to cover some positions on the map beacouse you are so slow. I consider him as a great support BB

It is slow but has very good rudder response.  I like to use it for it's AA to help the team by drawing planes into longer flights for little gain.

• Like 2

She works out pretty damn well in Op's too.  While she is slow, she packs a nice punch and as others have mentioned, has excellent rudder response.  Her AA works out decently well if you get Herpes or Cherry too.  All in all I do find her to be a solid gal myself, though my input only applies to Op's.

• Like 1

so this is becoming a Kansas lovers topic soon 😄

• Like 2

The Kansas provides me with the capability to leisurely savor nine-course meals while the main-guns reload.  😉 

• Haha 4

i really try to like that line but 40 seconds reload coupled with  slow turret traverse and slow shell speed is painful.

kansas is particularly painfull becouse one cant use accuracy module.

On 4/6/2024 at 9:00 AM, Volron said:

Her AA works out decently well if you get Herpes

"We are going to cure your genital sores by firing a large number of automatic cannons at them."

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2024 at 7:30 AM, Volron said:

She works out pretty damn well in Op's too.  While she is slow, she packs a nice punch and as others have mentioned, has excellent rudder response.  Her AA works out decently well if you get Herpes or Cherry too.  All in all I do find her to be a solid gal myself, though my input only applies to Op's.

If I interpret the phrasing correctly, you're referring to Scenario Operations Hermes and Cherry Blossom.

25 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

"We are going to cure your genital sores by firing a large number of automatic cannons at them."

Would such a treatment cure the disease by killing the patient?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Would such a treatment cure the disease by killing the patient?

Depending on how his herpes affects him, he may WANT to die! 😈

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This reminds me of a sort of funny now story that wasn't funny back when it happened but old sailors have old stories. I've heard my fair share and have some of my own.