The anniversary devblog & super containers

MBT808

They did more than lie. Anyone who has seen the crapshow that is the discord discussion knows.

At first there was no compensation for the Bayard, if you had the ship and the discounted list. Then Sera was browbeaten into having the 3000 steel added as compensation.

Then he threw a fit, as he was pinged during the weekend. Well, Discord replaced the forum, right? 😈

WG deleted the "thumbs down" reactions. Reinstated it, we just brought the amount back to where it was.

Now it's just people calling out WG lies.

I'm not going to be nasty with my comments here, but whatever WG is paying their community team, it's too much.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

They did more than lie. Anyone who has seen the crapshow that is the discord discussion knows.

At first there was no compensation for the Bayard, if you had the ship and the discounted list. Then Sera was browbeaten into having the 3000 steel added as compensation.

Then he threw a fit, as he was pinged during the weekend. Well, Discord replaced the forum, right? 😈

WG deleted the "thumbs down" reactions. Reinstated it, we just brought the amount back to where it was.

Now it's just people calling out WG lies.

I'm not going to be nasty with my comments here, but whatever WG is paying their community team, it's too much.

I'm not on the WoWs discord anymore, I didn't see that. Was it regular users or some within the Forums ranks?

Honestly, I feel like this situation resulted from one of two things: (A) they never meant what they said in the Super container article and they hoped no one would notice when the anniversary announcement rolled out(But we did) or (B) They literally forgot what they themselves said in the Super container article(Which I consider the least likely of the two).

The stream coming up is going to crazy if discord was bad.

WG lied!First they nerfed supercontainers,then they nerfed anniversary,and now they rise up the price of tierX steel BB at 36K,what a greedy company I saw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

This exactly. That thread is an absolute mess, and while some people are out of line in it, this issue was brought on by WG completely.

As of now, there is no official response I am aware of regarding the dishonesty about this situation. All reactions in the related discord thread have been reset(I guess discord is a good alternative for them until it isn't?). I don't know if discussing the discord moderation here is acceptable here or not, since the two are technically unrelated spaces.

They are going full ostrich mode on this, and I'm personally at the point where I've given up on it. If they're getting toxicity, maybe they should stop being so toxic themselves. And maybe while they're at it, they can stop acting surprised that people are treating discord like a discord.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

They are going full ostrich mode on this, and I'm personally at the point where I've given up on it. If they're getting toxicity, maybe they should stop being so toxic themselves. And maybe while they're at it, they can stop acting surprised that people are treating discord like a discord.

Absolutely agree. Also, they have a live stream coming up in a few days, no ones going to care about the update and they're just going to be bombarded by twitch chat. Then they're going to either have to mute the stream chat completely(which will make things worse, it won't be a PR disaster anymore, it will be a catastrophe) or have some sort of statement/apology(unless they decide to gas-light everyone, which has the same outcome as above). I expect we're going to see a further escalation.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roachomg said:

WG lied!First they nerfed supercontainers,then they nerfed anniversary,and now they rise up the price of tierX steel BB at 36K,what a greedy company I saw

This price is an earlybird price for the ship PLUS a Made of Steel permaskin that is normally 10,000 steel on its own. If I were you, I would wait until the ship is permanently introduced into the armory before I started making claims like that. 

Also - have you noticed that this year you can get supercontainers even if you don't have Tier 10 ships? No? Go back and look. They've un-gated access to that content for lower-tier players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Also - have you noticed that this year you can get supercontainers even if you don't have Tier 10 ships? No? Go back and look. They've un-gated access to that content for lower-tier players. 

That's not the point, the point is the WG said that they implemented the super container nerf so that they wouldn't need to change(which made no sense) how things work with the anniversary. They could've done the usual containers for the ships playing AND the tokens toward a select amount of super containers for players without Tier Xs, in which case we would be having a different conversation right now.

• Like 1

Yeah I was wondering about that.  in the armory temporarily, then coming back later.  The adjusted price later should be south of 30k, 27 or 28, right?

1 minute ago, MBT808 said:

That's not the point, the point is the WG said that they implemented the super container nerf so that they wouldn't need to change(which made no sense) how things work with the anniversary. They could've done the usual containers for the ships playing AND the tokens toward a select amount of super containers for players without Tier Xs, in which case we would be having a different conversation right now.

That is not what I heard them say.

26 minutes ago, SolitudeFreak said:

If they're getting toxicity, maybe they should stop being so toxic themselves.

I would have thought this would have been an action-item given how badly it bit them in the butt in the CC program.  The more things change, the more they stay the same, I suppose.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That is not what I heard them say.

They directly talk about the anniversary in regards to the changes to the super containers:
https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/442

The very last sentence they clearly say:

As a result, in order not to change the system of Anniversary rewards, we have changed the composition of the Supercontainer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Yeah I was wondering about that.  in the armory temporarily, then coming back later.  The adjusted price later should be south of 30k, 27 or 28, right?

Shikishima is 32K, so DiLauria for 36K including the steel camo that would normally cost you 10K doesn't seem all that unreasonable if you can spare the steel and you want the shiny (chances are you won't be able to use a discount coupon in the introductory special phase).

All the other BBs are 30K plus, so asking for it to be less than 30K is likely not going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

They directly talk about the anniversary in regards to the changes to the super containers:
https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/442

The very last sentence they clearly say:

As a result, in order not to change the system of Anniversary rewards, we have changed the composition of the Supercontainer.

What they meant by that is probably the offering of supercontainers at all. 

Oh I see, the 36k price with the camo is the good deal then, if you are into those camos.  And agree, probably be at least 32k for the ship later on.

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

They've un-gated access to that content for lower-tier players. 

Which is good, but only to a very limited point. It negatively affects players like you who have fleets of Tier X ships. Worse, the new system puts a cap on the total number of SCs a player can get—on top of the SCs already nerfed. 

Worst of all, the decision to change the system reeks of utter disregard to the goodwill the previous anniversary events have earned. It essentially demands more labor from a lot of players in exchange for fewer rewards.

Highlighting that 'un-gated access' in the face of the wholesale shafting of rewards for a lot of players—players who have supported the game for the past years—is totally dishonest as it conveniently omits the impact to the rest of the playerbase.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What they meant by that is probably the offering of supercontainers at all. 

Don't be blind.

It was clearly stated by Wargaming.

"As a result, in order not to change the system of Anniversary rewards, we have changed the composition of the Supercontainer."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

"As a result, in order not to change the system of Anniversary rewards, we have changed the composition of the Supercontainer."

Would also like to point out that this was implemented, meaning the 'Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.' at the bottom no longer applies.

I saw this defense of the change used a lot on the 'new and improved' forum, and they seemed to forget about the fact that the devblog referenced was months old and set in stone at this point, meaning there was a failure to issue a changelog about it.

I will say I was initially lukewarm on this announcement, but the more I think about it, the more frustrating it seems. These devs seem to have a knack for that.

6 hours ago, MBT808 said:

I'm not on the WoWs discord anymore, I didn't see that. Was it regular users or some within the Forums ranks?

Forum regulars. Saw several familiar names.

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This price is an earlybird price for the ship PLUS a Made of Steel permaskin that is normally 10,000 steel on its own. If I were you, I would wait until the ship is permanently introduced into the armory before I started making claims like that. 

First, the 10k Steel camo in Armory comes with a T10 bonus package. The one coming with the Roger is optics only. I'll let everyone assign their own value to it.

Second, the token change is not the W you think it is. To allow all players to get the SCs WG served up a double whammy of less content per SC permanently and made the SCs expensive. On discord people calculated the percentages of this nerf.

7 hours ago, MBT808 said:

They literally forgot what they themselves said in the Super container article(Which I consider the least likely of the two).

NEVER  underestimate Wargambling's incompetence. These are the very same people, who first buffed the rewards for secondaries, then acted surprised when people posted their hefty payouts for playing em babbies in Asymmetric Battles.

I mean......Dear Lord.....😮

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 1

**Thank you for your feedback on the recently announced anniversary reward structure. We know you’ve been waiting for an update from our side and wanted to let you know that we're actively working internally on ways how to improve the event. Please bear with us as we work through your feedback and potential changes. We'll get back to you with more detailed information in a few days.**

Official statement from Bloodminister that was just posted.

16 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

**Thank you for your feedback on the recently announced anniversary reward structure. We know you’ve been waiting for an update from our side and wanted to let you know that we're actively working internally on ways how to improve the event. Please bear with us as we work through your feedback and potential changes. We'll get back to you with more detailed information in a few days.**

Let's break it down, what Bloodminister has posted on the Discord.

Thank you for your feedback on the recently announced anniversary reward structure. (Which they thought they could get away with.)

We know you’ve been waiting for an update from our side (How did you know? You guys have mental powers like Charles Xavier?) and wanted to let you know that we're actively working internally (translation: they're scrambling to stem the rising tide of discontent) on ways how to improve the event (translation: Sales and Marketing and Management want to increase revenues and bolster Operating Income, while front-facing Community Managers who are increasingly tired of getting pinged on Discord, are waiting for their scripts containing key messages.)

Please bear with us as we work through your feedback (translation: they hope this will temporarily silence the noise) and potential changes (translation: potential means tentative, meaning they still can double down on the already announced changes).

We'll get back to you with more detailed information in a few days (translation: how do we make it appear we did not lie to our players when our previous DevBlog announced the changes to the contents of Supercontainers were implemented supposedly so that we will not change the Anniversary reward structure?).

• Like 1

I guess the result will be meaningless, back down a little bit just like the previous SC nerf and the community will feel okish and let it through.

This snowflake pisses me off as I could have potentially got 86 SCs (potentially 10000dub+) from T10/T11 ships if I have collected enough port slots, which is more than enough for me to do 1 dockyard or getting a T8 dub only ship, into probably 3000-4000 dub. 

Well, what I am sure is instead of opening my wallet to buy a ship I rather prefer to quit this game. 

Anyway, WG have been deliberately left out those econ bonus crates. My bet is they are going to nerf it, and say hey look you can get Bayard with these token, isn't it a fair trade for those blue econ bonus crates?