DevStrike!'s First "Battleship Devastation" Contest

HogHammer

- EU SERVER PLAYERS ONLY -

Battleship Devastation

Screenshot2024-03-27130147.png.cd10ace68d8b6b6bf11a2bff512c4e6d.png

DevStrike!’s Battleship Devastation, for Tier 6 battleships only, is a contest to test your skills and tactics to determine which EU Server player can do the greatest damage in a Co-op battle using the required ship type and tier. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entrants.  Any EU Server player and registered forum member is welcome to participate. DevStrike! staff may participate for honorary mention only.

Please read the Battleship Devastation rules posted below. You MUST follow them to qualify to win a prize. Every effort was made to make it fair and outline how the contest works. Also, as the rules state, DO NOT post your entries or any results here in this thread.  Doing so can disqualify you from Battleship Devastation.

All entries are to be directly messaged to DevStrike! @Submissions with “Battleship Devastation” in the subject line.

DevStrike! gratefully acknowledges @HogHammer for prize sponsorship of Battleship Devastation.

Good luck, and happy hunting. Have fun!

DevStrike Battleship Devastation Rules:

STARTS: Friday, April 5, 2024
ENDS: Midnight Sunday, April 21, 2024
FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: All screenshot submissions are to be sent to @Submissions no later than Midnight Monday, April 22, 2024

NOTE: Only games played between the posted start and end dates that meet the requirements set forth below and are submitted before the final submission date qualify.

QUALIFYING SHIPS: T6 Battleships Only (Tech Tree or Premium)
QUALIFYING MODE: Co-op only (Scenarios, PVP, and special event modes do not qualify)
SERVER: EU Server Only to Qualify
OBJECTIVE/CRITERIA: Top 3 Highest Damage Totals Win

OTHER:

• Your game results screenshot username MUST match your forum username, however…
    • If your in-game and forum usernames don't match (or are close enough that we know it's you), you need to PM @Submissions BEFORE submitting any entry with your in-game username, or you may post it in your reply to the thread saying you want to enter the contest.
    • If your forum username is different, and you want your in-game username to remain private, DevStrike! can accommodate that, but we need to know what your in-game username is BEFOREHAND, or we won’t accept the submission.
    • This is to avoid fraudulent submissions AND because DevStrike! needs to know your in-game username to send the prize if you win.
  • All entries MUST contain screenshots of the following three (3) post-battle results screens, or they will be rejected (no exceptions) ...
    • Personal Score (MUST show it was a Co-op game as well as the date you played it)
    • Team Score (the standings).
    • Detailed Report (shows what you did damage to).

Screenshot2024-04-04104757.png.e2ef6ac8d5e9e93562802fa063d1df28.png

The screenshot requirement is very important and must be followed. Examples are shown above.

• You may submit as many entries as you wish, but...
    • You may only win ONE prize.
    • Once you submit your initial entry, only submit entries that have a HIGHER damage total moving forward.
  • DO NOT post your entries or post any results in this thread...
    • PM entries to @Submissions only.
    • If you post any results (screenshots, written account of your damage total, etc.) in the forum thread, you will be disqualified from Battleship Devastation. No exceptions!
    • ALL results will be kept private between the entrant and @Submissions until the contest ends and the winner is announced.
    • We (DevStrike!) reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who abuses/breaks any of the contest rules.

PRIZES (sponsored by @HogHammer)

• 1ST PLACE: 12,500 Doubloons.  Awarded to the entrant with the HIGHEST DAMAGE done in a single game. 
  • 2ND PLACE: 7,500 Doubloons.  Awarded to the entrant with the 2nd HIGHEST DAMAGE in a single game. 
  • 3RD PLACE: 5,000 Doubloons.  Awarded to the entrant with the 3rd HIGHEST DAMAGE in a single game in a T6 Battleship.

TIEBREAKERS:

• In the rare event we have a tie (2 or more entrants with the exact same damage done) for a prize, the following tiebreakers will be used...
    1. Most Kills (if entrant A has 5 kills and entrant B has 4, entrant A wins).
    2. Potential Damage Taken (whichever entrant has the highest potential damage taken wins).
    3. Coin Flip (if kills and potential damage, do not break the tie. A coin flip will be used).
  • In the event tiebreakers are needed, the player that loses the tiebreaker will win the next lowest prize...

RESULTS & PRIZES:

• Results will be posted on Thursday, April 25 (approximately noon Central U.S. Time)
  • Prizes will be sent as soon as DevStrike! has confirmed with the winners all the necessary information for prize delivery.

DISCLAIMER:

• DevStrike! reserves the right to amend these rules to address unforeseen situations.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• HogHammer featured, pinned and unpinned this topic

I have received a couple of PMs regarding the above contest and will attempt to answer a couple here:

Will this contest be done on other servers (regions)? Yes, that is our goal. I will add that the contest mode, in this case, Tier 6 co-op, will change depending on the overall success. For example, contests could include different Tiers and different classes of ships. Other battle modes, such as PvP and perhaps others, could also be included.

Why can't you do one contest for everyone? We are totally removed from the capabilities that a certain gaming company can employ, so we have to work within our own limitations. Unfortunately, we cannot offer give-a-way codes or a variation of a King of the Seas tournament. Any contest or tournament we run now or in the future has to be on a regional basis.  However, I believe we can offer a little more variety going forward - regardless of skill level, tiers one plays, or battle mode.

Why not higher battleship tiers? That is certainly our plan going forward - and not just different tiers but also different classes of ships and battle modes of play. So, if you play DDs, Cruisers, Aircraft Carriers, and yes, even subs - basically nothing is off the table.  We want to learn and gather a little experience from this first contetst.

I do want to acknowledge @AdmiralThunder for the premise of this contest and some of the input he provided.  As many of you know, he has done here and on the old NA forums a contest called "Co-op Carnage".  Although we have discussed previously some sort of contest here at DevStrike!, it is nice to have an example and template to use going forward of an already established and successful contest.  So, @AdmiralThunder, thanks again!

• Like 4

Pretty cool. I'll skip due to co-op requirement tho. 

• Sad 1

I like this idea, as well as the proposed plans to mix up the tiers and classes of ships going forward for all players on different servers. I do wish I, being from the NA server, had considered the Co-op Carnage back when @AdmiralThunder did it.   I just was not that much into co-op at the time.  I will say getting a high amount of damage required in the contest rules scenario is not that easy.  Just say the stars need to be in perfect alignment - plus you need to play very well.

I'm looking forward to different variations on NA.

• Like 2

Why devastation? Surely it should be Bayern or Mackensen.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Verytis said:

FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: All screenshot submissions are to be sent to @Submissions no later than Midnight Monday, April 22, 2024

NOTE: Only games played between the posted start and end dates that meet the requirements set forth below and are submitted before the final submission date qualify.

QUALIFYING MODE: Co-op only (Scenarios, PVP, and special event modes do not qualify)

Yeah, I remember contests like this way back when on the old forums.  Fun stuff.

1 hour ago, Verytis said:

1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: All screenshot submissions are to be sent to @Submissions no later than Midnight Monday, April 22, 2024

They are using the word "Devastation" as in causing a bunch of damage and wrecking the enemy. They do not mean you play the SuperShip BB. Similar to how I used the word carnage in the name of my contest (Co-op Carnage).

Devastate Verb (Devastation Noun)

1 - to bring to ruin or desolation by violent action

2 - to reduce to chaos, disorder, or helplessness (Overwhelm)

Synonyms:

• destroy
  • ravage
  • ruin
  • scourge

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok this one is just my terrible mistake at attempting humour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I started to give this  a try and it's actually quite challenging... in Coop the bots just die way too fast and you're lucky if you get any damage above 50k... will keep on trying...

• Like 3

On 4/17/2024 at 6:19 PM, BlueNautilus said:

I started to give this  a try and it's actually quite challenging... in Coop the bots just die way too fast and you're lucky if you get any damage above 50k... will keep on trying...

You are so right. Your team needs the right mix of real players and bots to score a lot of damage.  If it is all real players, it turns into a feeding fest and over before you know it.

Sent in my submission.  I hope that the deadline is 24:00 today, as opposed to 00:00 today (24:00 yesterday)...

• >Becomes aware of this contest
  • >Checks date
  • >Date is 21st, 5pm something, local time

...Oh well, Let's give it a few spin

• Like 3

Eugh, that's enough for today, hopefully I did well enough.

May the best and most fortunate Captains win

Edited by aleksi111
  • Like 1

• HogHammer unfeatured this topic