What happened with Siegfried?

mashed68

I know from the wiki page its a sister ship to Agir which is still available. Why isn't siegfried? 

I've been thinking about getting a tanky tier 9 cruiser for when the que is full of BB's and I want a faster game. Not a fan of 6 gun ships normally but cruiser dispersion + 2.05 sigma sounds spicy. 

18 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

I know from the wiki page its a sister ship to Agir which is still available. Why isn't siegfried? 

I've been thinking about getting a tanky tier 9 cruiser for when the que is full of BB's and I want a faster game. Not a fan of 6 gun ships normally but cruiser dispersion + 2.05 sigma sounds spicy. 

It is... in the RB. It's really really bad though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

one of the best tier 9 cruisers

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I wouldn't know about PvP, but when I played it in asymmetrics it was quite the stinker. Was expecting it to be much better. Disappointment.

• Like 1

Would you guys take Agir over it? 

17 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Have to agree with Bob here, she is pretty bad, her HE DPM is 60.923, her AP DPM 160.615 and that at Tier IX. Graf Spee has 57.600 HE and 151.200 AP DPM at "Tier VI"!

34 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Any time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

In Coop I usually do, as Agir's increased volume of fire from the main guns is usually more useful (since you tend to be close enough that the comparatively poorer performance of each individual shell doesn't matter too much).

I pick Siegfried if/when I'm playing a mode (or doing missions) where having fewer but more powerful guns is advantageous, or if I just fancy a change...

Siegfried - IMO - is well worth having if you haven't got a more pressing need for the relevant resources, but she isn't essential.

• Like 2

What happened with Siegfried?

Last I knew he was fckd up and stabbed in the back... some say it was Guthorm, some say it was Hagen or even a friggin Dragon. 

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

No it really isn't? I hope you're trolling haha

5 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

I wouldn't know about PvP, but when I played it in asymmetrics it was quite the stinker. Was expecting it to be much better. Disappointment.

I've played it in all game-modes that has allowed tier 9s. It's just so so underwhelming. Sure you're great at slapping light cruisers but really?? What cruisers/BBs aren't?

3 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I'd take neither personally. If I had to play one of them though I'd play Siegfried.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

No it really isn't? I hope you're trolling haha

NO!

I love it, penetrating BBs without problem.  She is like small Georgia. Other problem is that is has too small numbers of guns to make impact.

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

NO!

I love it, penetrating BBs without problem.  She is like small Georgia. Other problem is that is has too small numbers of guns to make impact.

Well you might like it but she's without a doubt quite bad. Now we're allowed to like and enjoy ships which aren't good but I don't think it's smart to misinform people about them.

6 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Absolutely not. There's enough paid actors in random battles to make Siegfried's speciality work. Agir just plays like a large cruiser with absolutely 0 interesting features about it. Doesn't have Azuma's farming potential, doesn't have Alaska's carry potential. It will always be overshadowed by those ships for me. 

12 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I like Siegfried but it just simply isn't. It's very much like Slava in which it relies upon poor play to function. I'd rate it stronger than Slava role for role because most tier 9 cruisers are also horrible (unlike T10 BBs) but it's not a particularly strong ship. Enjoyable, yes, strong, definitely not. 

23 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

It's not THAT bad.  

• Like 1

Just now, Unlooky said:

It's not THAT bad.  

I was slightly over-exaggerating. It's still bad.

• Like 1

With the new capt skills/equipment I think she'd be better in coop now,but I haven't pulled the trigger on her myself yet. 

6 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Absolutely not. There's enough paid actors in random battles to make Siegfried's speciality work. Agir just plays like a large cruiser with absolutely 0 interesting features about it. Doesn't have Azuma's farming potential, doesn't have Alaska's carry potential. It will always be overshadowed by those ships for me. 

Even for brawling, there are Admiral Schroeder, Michelangelo (only for event participants though) and Alaska may also have a try by the virtue of her USN heavy cruiser's improved AP autobounce.

There is a sarcastic remark on Aegir from my fellow CN gamers on her... lack of true niche and identity: "...And all Aegir have (comparing with her large cruiser peers, often omitted due to her well known mediocrity) are doujin fanworks".

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

doujin fanworks".

Lets make that clear, amazing fanworks. Great for the uh Kremlin Domes and Sky-scrapper I'm packing. Not for all however.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

Asym is weird, I wouldn't judge the ship on that.

7 hours ago, Unlooky said:

It's not THAT bad.  

Shes not bad at all. Bob is trolling(or just has a very, very bad take).

To clarify this: her skill ceiling is amongst the highest of any ship in the game. So, in the hands of dumb dumbs, Siegfried is awful. In the hands of Pros, like Notser for example, by contrast she is extremely powerful. She can hurt BBs like no other cruiser(except Sevastopol, her russian knock off sister) and is in many ways a better BB than most BBs in her tier.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Shes not bad at all. Bob is trolling(or just has a very, very bad take).

I like how you call me a troll while calling Notsor a pro and calling Siegfried "Extremely powerful". That's quite pathetic and I would say please tone it down, we're here to inform out peers about the truth on ships. Not some made up fantasy because you got slapped around giving broadside to one.

- Boob

• Thanks 1

It's pretty bad. Does absolutely nothing to subs, next to nothing to triangles, smashes some broadsiding cruisers and still can't fight battleships. Smashing the absolute worst class in the game when they don't pay attention is just not a good gimmick. Get UU Petro or Novosibirsk instead. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

you got slapped around giving broadside to one.

- Boob

🤭... Kinky (⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠)

• Haha 2