Ode to St. Vincent, Part 1

Frostbow

The St. Vincent. I like how relatively easy she can reposition on the battlefield. After the initial phase, I decided to go center to take the heat off our flank. We were down, 514 to 802, with just 1 out of the 3 caps in our possession. Eventually we prevailed. 

25mm bow and stern can be a restraining factor, but then she's got a portable dry dock in tow. 

shot-24_03.26_23_54.00-0113.thumb.jpg.90d9fbd65cf64bd39bcbc523c71a184a.jpg

shot-24_03.26_23_54.05-0496.thumb.jpg.1a57d83a233aee805a1fdde7d6e1ec2d.jpg

• Like 6

you should have put this in best achivment of the day.

Sr Vincent is a bit OP if you dont get focused ultra hard. One on the easiest BBs to so extra damage

• Like 1

I love this ship, seems like the most OP tech tree T10 BB out there. As far as I know (correct me if im wrong) it got:

• Thunderer AP and HE Fire chance, so pretty much the best things out of that ship.
  • Conqueror Super/Zombie Heals, so pretty much the best thing out of that ship.
  • It has a tiny superstructure so less to take damage/fires on.
  • It has the strongest Nuke torps in the game and they can be fired directly front, so perfect in brawl/ram situations.
  • Has great speed boost
  • With Legendary captain Cunningham you get an extra heal so a Superintendent for free after getting 2 kills, which aren't hard to "steal" with these AP/HE shells. This of course then Frees up 3 captain skill points to be spent elsewhere.
  • With Legendary captain Cunningham you get an extra 10% reload buff to main guns after getting "Witherer", which isn't hard with 60+% fire chance.
  • Has Def AA ............... LOL!
Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I love this ship, seems like the most OP tech tree T10 BB out there. As far as I know (correct me if im wrong) it got:

• Thunderer AP and HE Fire chance, so pretty much the best things out of that ship.
  • Conqueror Super/Zombie Heals, so pretty much the best thing out of that ship.
  • It has a tiny superstructure so less to take damage/fires on.
  • It has the strongest Nuke torps in the game and they can be fired directly front, so perfect in brawl/ram situations.
  • Has great speed boost
  • With Legendary captain Cunningham you get an extra heal so a Superintendent for free after getting 2 kills, which aren't hard to "steal" with these AP/HE shells. This of course then Frees up 3 captain skill points to be spent elsewhere.
  • With Legendary captain Cunningham you get an extra 10% reload buff to main guns after getting "Witherer", which isn't hard with 60+% fire chance.
  • Has Def AA ............... LOL!

The superstructure is located towards the back so it's somewhat unintuitive, especially when its facing towards you.

Also it has a 25mm bow/stern, which presents a significant weakness at close/medium ranges where other BBs can hit it with consistency.

Definitely dangerous to most cruisers tho.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Sr Vincent is a bit OP if you dont get focused ultra hard.

That's the key as with any battleship, I think. 

4 hours ago, Verytis said:

Also it has a 25mm bow/stern, which presents a significant weakness at close/medium ranges where other BBs can hit it with consistency.

I agree. There's this one defeat I had before, where the red Montana and St. Vincent made significant damage to my St. Vincent's 25mm bow and stern. I destroyed both, but it left my ship doomed for the remaining San Martin and Zao to finish off. I tried my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough. LOL

shot-24_03.21_03_05.32-0773.thumb.jpg.4df051d82bdc0ff0c6e3f913f2dedd76.jpg

shot-24_03.21_03_05.26-0072.thumb.jpg.d00a8e55ce4cc87600990ca54f050a80.jpg

shot-24_03.21_03_05.23-0006.thumb.jpg.f5fb62d770edfa7a23a64c4c47c4e9f4.jpg

6 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I love this ship, seems like the most OP tech tree T10 BB out there.

Someone once joked that the St. Vincent is the offspring of Thunderer and Minotaur. I don't know how accurate is that, but it did leave my laughing. 

I grinded the line, and played a single game with it, then forgot about it. Only when I saw on the recent patch notes that there were nerfs to her that I remembered I already have her. I've been enjoying her the ship so far, and I find her speed to be more aligned with how I usually play. I have Conqueror and Thunderer also, but I like St. Vincent more. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

That's the key as with any battleship, I think. 

Well Kurfurst can take A LOT of beating and still survive

2 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Well Kurfurst can take A LOT of beating and still survive

Oh yes. I once made around 3,700,000 potential damage with the GK and survived to win that very close fight, and it was my highest for a long time until it was replaced by Petro (at 4,000,000) and then Schlieffen (at 5,000,000). Granted there is sufficient support and a good position, the GK can tank damage like a champ and really hold its own. 

I also love vincent. So much HP to farm with those super heals. Not sure why they aren't being used as the Pinata ship.