Battle Tactics Discussion - The Battle of the River Plate

Admiral_Karasu

For discussing the battle tactics at the Battle of the River Plate.

• Like 1

I've seen that or similar (possibly Drachinifel).  I don't think the flim did a very good job of making the tactics comprehensible.  It was all ship-board action.  Or for that matter describing the difference between CAs and CLs.  But that's the naval historian in me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I've seen that or similar (possibly Drachinifel).  I don't think the flim did a very good job of making the tactics comprehensible.  It was all ship-board action.  Or for that matter describing the difference between CAs and CLs.  But that's the naval historian in me.

I know Drachinifel has something on this, and there are probably a lot of others as well out there. Basically, it's good if you know how to get the details, I just posted something so that folks here could have some reference point because the movie may leave a lot of questions unanswered, though it does a pretty good job at pointing out some details as well as the general tactic of forcing the Graf Spee to divide it's main guns between two flanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have some thoughts about the mistakes both Harwood and Langsdorff were criticized for during and after the battle?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.