Piñata Hunt = fun

Frostbow

Piñata Hunt has been the most fun game mode I've experienced in recent memory.

There's a lot of things going on: consumables, the path of the piñata, as well as finding the right balance between whacking the hell out of it and sinking the enemy team. 

I've used the mode to complete the regrind to the Worcester. I can play over and over again without worrying about anyone's stats. LOL

Cruisers for now; I'll try battleships and destroyers later on.

The smoke consumable for cruisers in the Piñata Hunt makes Neptune a whole new beast. It is like having an almost non-stop smoke cover.

What a blast of pure, unbridled fun this mode is. And, while it is just temporary, the fun will once again continue when Asymmetric Battles return. 

• Like 3

Will watch the other two vids; but after the first?

I'm still all ??? about this mode is fun...

As a "novelty mode" I'm enjoying Pinata Hunt.

• Like 1

Its a s… show In my opinion.

The main strategy is just to go straight after the Pinata and ignore everything else, if your team win great, if they dont who cares. When you are dead or have won rinse and repeat.

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, Bai7200 said:

Its a s… show In my opinion.

I understand. There are a lot of things going on in Piñata. The variety of consumables, the route of the Piñata, the decidedly vibrant and at times over the top effects, not to mention the goofy soundtrack, on top of a relatively small battle area, make it a chaotic but ultimately fun, mode. I'm also using this mode to regrind my ships. 

The main strategy is just to go straight after the Pinata and ignore everything else

I'm sure you said that in jest, but that strategy is the worst there is in Piñata Hunt. Ignoring everything else (which means ignoring the enemy team) quickly sets you and your team for defeat. The Piñata can hurt you, and but it cannot hurt you as much as the enemy team. Morever, the Piñata have shields that activate from time to time, which renders it invulnerable. So if you just go straight, you are telling the enemy team, "Hey, I'm totally preoccupied with this goofy-looking ship, shoot me now".

if your team win great, if they dont who cares.

That sort of mindset can have serious ramifications later on. We all have various motivations and hopes in very PVP battle, and you may have teammates who are focused on winning because of reasons. I respectfully suggest discarding that mindset and replacing it with one that still aims for fun, but does it in a responsible manner. 

If you want to go that path, I suggest Co-op. There we can all just press W and yolo to our heart's delight, and still come out as the winners. 

5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Will watch the other two vids; but after the first?

I'm still all ??? about this mode is fun...

It can take a while to get the hang of it. But once I did, it has been a blast of fun. The mode's special consumables make the play a very dynamic experience. 

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As a "novelty mode" I'm enjoying Pinata Hunt.

I tried the Michelangelo. Italian smoke plus the mode's smoke consumable - fun fun fun!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

It can take a while to get the hang of it. But once I did, it has been a blast of fun. The mode's special consumables make the play a very dynamic experience. 

I tried the Michelangelo. Italian smoke plus the mode's smoke consumable - fun fun fun!

I've been training some of my Captains.  
Commander Statue of Liberty (the 2nd., of the three in my Fleet) earned 1 skill point this morning (bringing her total to 7 skill points) while sailing my Yorktown.  🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

I understand. There are a lot of things going on in Piñata. The variety of consumables, the route of the Piñata, the decidedly vibrant and at times over the top effects, not to mention the goofy soundtrack, on top of a relatively small battle area, make it a chaotic but ultimately fun, mode. I'm also using this mode to regrind my ships. 

I'm sure you said that in jest, but that strategy is the worst there is in Piñata Hunt. Ignoring everything else (which means ignoring the enemy team) quickly sets you and your team for defeat. The Piñata can hurt you, and but it cannot hurt you as much as the enemy team. Morever, the Piñata have shields that activate from time to time, which renders it invulnerable. So if you just go straight, you are telling the enemy team, "Hey, I'm totally preoccupied with this goofy-looking ship, shoot me now".

That sort of mindset can have serious ramifications later on. We all have various motivations and hopes in very PVP battle, and you may have teammates who are focused on winning because of reasons. I respectfully suggest discarding that mindset and replacing it with one that still aims for fun, but does it in a responsible manner. 

If you want to go that path, I suggest Co-op. There we can all just press W and yolo to our heart's delight, and still come out as the winners. 

Well the good thing is that i am allowed to play this as i like, and going for the pinata is just the easy/fast why to farm Credits and exp.

And you really dont have explain the “mechanics” In this game mode….

I did not make this thing im just playing it every now and then

If all you are hitting is the pinata you are not getting much out of the mode. I'm pretty routinely clearing 500,000 to 750,000 credits profit with only grey credit boosters stacked on top of a premium ship and premium time in there. And I'm getting that because I'm actively sinking the opposing team. When I catch people that are way too occupied with only dealing damage to the pinata broadside? Fun times for me and not so fun for them! Especially if I get to citadel them a couple times for over 30,000 damage in one salvo. And even if the enemy team "sinks" the pinata it doesn't mean anything if they are all too far back outside of the resulting cap point.

I've definitely had some fun with collecting some unofficial krakens in there. And ramming people with the invulnerability consumable definitely can cause some rage.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Kynami said:

I've definitely had some fun with collecting some unofficial krakens in there. And ramming people with the invulnerability consumable definitely can cause some rage.

Nice. And yes, that consumable is handy, and decidedly lethal when used at the right moment! LOL 

I did another reset of the USN CL line, and recently—finally—my Cleveland reached the 2,000 Base XP mark in Piñata Hunt. 

shot-24_04_04_23_58.36-0842.thumb.jpg.6ad56df00396a4bfb1eb972f9216e7a6.jpg

shot-24_04_04_23_58.42-0975.thumb.jpg.b4376d46e7911685be159e7d8d0db07f.jpg

shot-24_04_04_23_58.48-0691.thumb.jpg.91754a49977e3b9c7c8452a788cf3005.jpg

• Like 2

I have changed my mind, In another thread I was sceptical. But for a temporary mode it is nice to grind and I played through Biz in my German regrind and are quite a long way on FdG. I have also played the original Missouri. It is quite good creditearnings in the mode, hence the choice. I am saving for Maine which costs 350 M Roughly with 21 p captain and Missouri helps boost my credits. I am on stage 12 in the mission tree. My goal is to reach 14 so I get one each of the camos + the flag. 

• Like 1

So far, I've welcomed the Pinata Flag and two permanent camouflages (Cotton Candy and Licorice Swirl) in exchange for Pinata Hunt tokens.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

So far, I've welcomed the Pinata Flag and two permanent camouflages (Cotton Candy and Licorice Swirl) in exchange for Pinata Hunt tokens.

I brought four of the dumpling ones haha

• Like 1

Just now, BOBTHEBALL said:

👍

9 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

That's what I intend to do also. 😄

1 minute ago, Frostbow said:

That's what I intend to do also. 😄

They look the best imo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gnirf said:

I have changed my mind, In another thread I was sceptical. But for a temporary mode it is nice to grind and I played through Biz in my German regrind and are quite a long way on FdG. I have also played the original Missouri. It is quite good creditearnings in the mode, hence the choice. I am saving for Maine which costs 350 M Roughly with 21 p captain and Missouri helps boost my credits. I am on stage 12 in the mission tree. My goal is to reach 14 so I get one each of the camos + the flag. 

Nice. 

I regrinded the US CL line twice using the Piñata Hunt for the Seattle to Wooster grind. After that I played ships to test some builds. Really fun.

• Like 1

Just now, BOBTHEBALL said:

They look the best imo

Agree

• Like 1

Played the Neptune and was able to shoot down 88 aircraft. 

shot-24_04.08_02_34.46-0348.thumb.jpg.7ac32e69f839794995d5da87c950220d.jpg

shot-24_04.08_02_34.42-0615.thumb.jpg.f1ecbfdd5240dd61b8954757eb109c2c.jpg

shot-24_04.08_02_34.39-0982.thumb.jpg.21a1c7e136218dbe377ccc4eec4b8d64.jpg

Hi all,

I played only few games when the event started but now, ever since last weekend (with all Ranked SIlver rewards harvested and no Brawl), I do play it... there is nothing else...
🙂

Sadly there are still some "players" who doesn't understand the meaning of relaxed fun and bitch and moan the whole game... in Piñata hunt... oh My Lord... nad the give all players -1... utter stupidity (especially since I tend to end up being on top whether we win or lose)... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"