What's wrong with players? Like really

Wulf_Ace

Sorry its probably another let off steam posts but I lost it today, game after game they end so fast and every game feels like you are playing with ultimate baboons who just press W and die. Or some of them don't press W at all, they are just afk.

No, I wont quit this game because of subs, CVs, not balanced ships, matchmaking, its because players are braindead to the bone. 7 min gameplay in a tier 10 battle!, at first 4 minutes we lost 5 ships, 5 ships just sailed straight and died! and after only 7min  game ended on point win! When you play against bots in COOP games last longer!

And no, this is not one of the battles that is exception, there is only 1 in 10 battles that have any sense of gameplay.

Not to mention this big sub nerf from WG, there is even more subs now and even more annoying as *fiddlesticks* and you can just sit there and kite away to not get perma spotted by an idiot who pings you like a  chiwawa on drugs. And if there is a CV in game even better, forget about kiting, you are going to get spotted whole game and have an amazing gameplay. 

I just cant, I wont admit todays players, people, gamers are this bad... At first minute of the battle you can see baboons moving in places where they will die instantly and there is nothing you can do about it. Once I even tried to play new american CVs to put smoke to those poor souls, but they decided its better to leave smoke and die then stay in it hidden.

I ask you, is there any help, not to this game, but to the playerbase in general, had to stop using wows monitor just not to see all those reds.

USE THIS POST TO LET OFF THE STEAM OF FRUSTRATION BECAUSE I KNOW YOU HAVE IT EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRESS BATTLE.

shot-24_03.31_19_00.18-0416.thumb.jpg.aeb6c95550a7136d4c472ec2aaeb594c.jpgshot-24_03.31_19_00.11-0816.thumb.jpg.439d8bbce15d5042ccf55ccd95c023d5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Our filtering system seems to be having a bit of a malfunction too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Aren't those results a little strange? Your team sunk exactly one ship (by you), and the enemy team was about seven times more effective. You were the best performing player on your team, but your effectiveness XP wise matches the sixth placed player on the red team.

Your team got steamrolled.

(Yes, they don't call me Captain Obvious for nothing.)

Without knowing what happened, I'm guessing your team was outspotted right from the start.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

USE THIS POST TO LET OFF THE STEAM OF FRUSTRATION, BEACOUSE I KNOW YOU HAVE IT EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRESS BATTLE.

No where close to every battle. 
Sure blow out happen and I get frustrated at my teams bad plays, but that just part of the game. Players have to acknowledge that a large majority of the player base does not care about playing well. They just like taking command of a ship from history and going full retard. They just want to play shooty pew pew pixel boats. 
If you play well yourself, you can still do well and carry some teams. Next match the red team may be the ones to lose 5 ships in the first 5 mins and you get to be the steam roller and red team is the pavement.  

• Like 3
  • Bored 4

24 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Aren't those results a little strange? Your team sunk exactly one ship (by you), and the enemy team was about seven times more effective. You were the best performing player on your team, but your effectiveness XP wise matches the sixth placed player on the red team.

Your team got steamrolled.

(Yes, they don't call me Captain Obvious for nothing.)

Without knowing what happened, I'm guessing your team was outspotted right from the start.

Outspotted and outkilled. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the inevitable outcome of a business strategy based on playerbase churn...

There is no skill remaining.

This is the game WG wants to have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Bored 3

That's a fact of life; even the most try hard unicum division cannot win all the time.

We (at least those who are man enough to play in PVP modes) will inevitably experience teams like the one you had, sooner or later. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I just cant, I wont admin todays players, people, gamers are this bad... At first minute of the battle you can see baboons moving in places where they will die instantly and there is nothing you can do about it

I've have seen very few videos that explain where their ships are going first and why.  I've always wanted a set of maps printed so I could make notes about how to play them.

The means for learning how to play this game well is not conducive to the way I learn.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Sorry its probably another let off steam posts but I lost it today, game after game they end so fast and every game feels like you are playing with ultimate baboons who just press W and die. Or some of them don't press W at all, they are just afk.

No, I wont quit this game because of subs, CVs, not balanced ships, matchmaking, its because players are fucking braindead to the bone. 7 min gameplay in a tier 10 battle!, at first 4 minutes we lost 5 ships, fucking 5 ships just sailed straight and died! and after only 7min  game ended on point win! When you play against bots in COOP games last longer!

And no, this is not one of the battles that is exception, there is only 1 in 10 battles that have any sense of gameplay.

Not to mention this big sub nerf from WG, there is even more subs now and even more annoying as *fiddlesticks* and you can just sit there and kite away to not get perma spotted by an idiot who pings you like a  chiwawa on drugs. And if there is a CV in game even better, forget about kiting, you are going to get spotted whole game and have an amazing gameplay. 

I just cant, I wont admin todays players, people, gamers are this bad... At first minute of the battle you can see baboons moving in places where they will die instantly and there is nothing you can do about it. Once I even tried to play new american CVs to put smoke to those poor souls, but they decided its better to leave smoke and die then stay in it hidden.

I ask you, is there any help, not to this game, but to the playerbase in general, had to stop using wows monitor just not to see all those reds.

USE THIS POST TO LET OFF THE STEAM OF FRUSTRATION, BEACOUSE I KNOW YOU HAVE IT EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRESS BATTLE.

Your beloved game got the playerbase it deserves.
Why would anyone new to the game learn anything about its mechanics, when it's just easier to spam "next battle" button!? I'm sweating for 16 minutes in a tier IX battle, playing a tier VII cruiser, catching DDs and securing objectives, melting BBs, dodging planes, circling around islands and hoping to get away from the enemy sub - essentially carrying the game; only to find out at the end of the battle that a semiafk human bot in an underwater banana gets 2,2k xp, being 1st in the xp list, just from some accidental spotting and few torps.

Shitty game design brings shitty gameplay experience. As a former whale, I feel sad about the game, but there is no "fix" for it. But I understand why most of the veteran players left it (or at least avoid randoms).

Maybe you should look for a better game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I've have seen very few videos that explain where their ships are going first and why. 

content creators - slaves to the algorithm

they seem to get more of the clicks they want with banners like

IS THIS GAME DEAD?       ANOTHER WG CASH GRAB      ONE BUFF MADE THIS SHIP SO  OP

then there is the ubiquitous game play video with little or no talk of thought process, 'cause that is easy and quick 

this is admitted to by the creator of this vid (who is also quite guilty of the first issue as well)...as he makes this, the kind of awesome we need.

more of this please flamu  - and less toxins

& then the issue of so many content creators paying to have their more sensational vids show up at or near the top of results that

the "good ones" and others that are rarely promoted fall off the edge of of the earth

Edited by derf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I've have seen very few videos that explain where their ships are going first and why.  I've always wanted a set of maps printed so I could make notes about how to play them.

The means for learning how to play this game well is not conducive to the way I learn.   

@SureBridge Would this be part of your training program?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

When you're on a map, or in a training room, can you use the "M" key to bring-up the autopilot screen?
Then take a screen-shot.
Then, print the screen-shot.
Now you'll have a map.  And you can edit the screen-shot to make notes, in an image-editing program of your choice, or just write on the print-out.  🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, _Kokushibo_ said:

Shitty game design brings shitty gameplay experience.

The truth right there...

Tragic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

You might consider using the WoWS Monitor for a slightly different purpose: identifying allied players who are worthy of your support and tangos you need to counter and/or take into account. 

For example, you have 3 DDs on your team and only one out of the three DD players has 50+% WR and a decent PR score. 

Try to do the whatever you reasonably able to do so as to support that DD player. Same with other ship classes of course.

After that, do the best you can and then some more. That's all you can actually do in a F2P game without MMR.  
Oh, and one more thing. Try to avoid PVP game modes when playing on weekends. That's when the battles are rife with potatoes weekend warriors those who "play for fun".

Edited by 100 Krakens
  • Like 3

I'm not sure that this qualifies as a rant, but one thing that's striking in Ranked is how much worse the bulk of the NA server BBs tend to be, compared to EU - the incidence of folk who seem not to have grasped how Ranked differs from (presumably) Randoms seems to be noticeably higher.

Of course, there are always some idiots, and it may be I've been unlucky with team-mates recently on NA.

Has anyone else who plays on both servers seen anything similar? It feels to me like it's particularly BBs...?

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I'm not sure that this qualifies as a rant, but one thing that's striking in Ranked is how much worse the bulk of the NA server BBs tend to be, compared to EU - the incidence of folk who seem not to have grasped how Ranked differs from (presumably) Randoms seems to be noticeably higher.

Of course, there are always some idiots, and it may be I've been unlucky with team-mates recently on NA.

Has anyone else who plays on both servers seen anything similar? It feels to me like it's particularly BBs...?

That's pretty much the opposite of my experience. Usually NA BB players are very good. Must be a timing thing....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

gamers are this bad... At first minute of the battle you can see baboons moving in places where they will die instantly

Yes, some players can be termed 'baboons' (which, ofc, is an insult to baboons)

9 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Your team sunk exactly one ship (by you), and the enemy team was about seven times more effective.

Why? I'd say because the MM was cheating.

8 hours ago, _Kokushibo_ said:

when it's just easier to spam "next battle" button

Yes, another feature placed in the game for the juveniles to just go on to the next battle.

Not one of you has the guts to mention the obvious. WG doesn't care about their game. WG only cares about how much money they can scam out of the churning player base.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Verblonde said:

That's because some of the worst creatures in the game play a ton of ranked for Free Stuff™ and player antagonism, and because a lot of people who couldn't handle randoms changes fled to ranked. Now, I don't like a lot of the shit-to-the-brain randoms changes either, but if you almost entirely stop playing randoms because you can't actually deal with them (though they made their way to ranked too eventually), that doesn't say a lot towards your adaptability and skill as a player.

• Like 2

It amazes me how bad some people play and also how rigged the MM is at times (sure seems that way anyway). 

Today has been HORRIBLE!!!! Only 1 win in Randoms and 4 Losses. 1st place in every single game, High Calibers, Confederates, etc... and just lose lose lose. In all 4 losses I wound up alone vs 6-8 reds at the end. Even had one loss where I outscored the 1st place red in BXP. I just can't take it anymore.

Standard mode with players sailing to the map edge and down to the red side leaving 1-2 people alone at base vs the red push while they yolo 3 reds alone, DD's literally just camping behind an island ALL game and refusing to go spot or do anything, no one capping and just giving it to the reds, uneven MM where the reds get a massive edge in ships/unbalanced tiers in their favor, and just on and on. The 1 win I had a DD, Cruiser, and I managed to pull another steamroll back as the reds threw it.

How are you supposed to do anything when 3 mins in 1/2 the team is dead and the reds are full strength.

tenor.gif?itemid=3320482

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@SureBridge Would this be part of your training program?

TL:DR - we need better training, and it's something that some of us have been working on. It shows promise, but we're going to make mistakes so if anyone is interested in helping us notice that we've made mistakes, and suggesting ways to do things better, we're all ears. It's one of the reasons that we created DevStrike in the first place. Not to complain about WG, but to demonstrate a better way of doing things. Most of us aren't unicum players, but we're making good progress, and that's actually a good place to be. Because we can explain what we have had to think about, and *why* we are doing things a certain way. 

This is something that I have been trying to figure out how to get a handle on: it's a lot easier to teach people the mechanics of things like AP penetration, ricochet angles, overmatch, spotting and damage saturation than "positioning". Even Typhoon-level clans tend to have a limited number of people who understand how all of these pieces fit together to be able to figure out how to set up workable initial positioning, and even then it's with a lot of trial and error (and generally time in the training room) figuring out which ships can get where in how much time. And this is something that needs to be "community based" not "clan" or "guild" based - we need to stop having barriers to people learning the game, because that just means we have people getting frustrated and leaving. 

My current focus is working out how we can help get people from "I push the "W" key 4 times, and the "1' key twice, and click the left mouse button a lot, then KABOOM! stuff happens" to a point where folks understand *why* ammunition selection is important, how to use visibility and team spotting to good effect, and how to make the other team work for their kills. Put another way, helping folks who have their first T5/6 ship, and getting them to a point where they can play PvP at T8+. This may actually result in MORE blowouts, as more people recognize a collapsing position and rush to exploit it, instead of everyone huddling behind rocks.

You don't get to choose who you play with in Randoms, but you DO get to do this in Clan Battles. Counter-intuitively this means that Clan Battles are actually easier to train people for, but "switching modes" between Clan Battles and Randoms is difficult - as a CB destroyer I need to figure out how to survive in that Radar so that my team can take out a key target. In Randoms I should just run, because the chances of folks aiming at (or even recognizing) the "key target" are 50/50 on a good day. 

The people who are good - really good - at this game don't tend to get flustered at "another steamroll". Take the steamrolls that you win as a bonus. The steamrolls that you LOSE are likely to be the games where you get 200k+ damage totals and Krakens. They're where you learn what you can do to help the other team throw, and exploit what you can to try and pry victory from the jaws of defeat - even when your team has spent their time trying to pry defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm going to do what I can to learn how to play the game better - focused on competitive modes where I get to choose the team I come with - and they get to choose me. I'm also going to try and figure out how to teach the next "me" how to get to where I am at in a few months, instead of a few years, so that together we can "git gud". You don't improve by playing against bad players, you do so by getting beaten (and learning from) those who are better than you. 

@yss_turtleship and @HogHammer can both attest to the improvement in their CB rankings the season after we first did the training session. I recall that one clan changed from "we've never left squall" to getting both of their ratings into Gale. I have hopes that they will  break Storm this season!

Based on these sessions demonstrably working, we're looking at starting up "Training Tuesdays" with a 20-minute training session focused on a single aspect of WoWS mechanics. If you're a relatively new player and don't understand game mechanics, then these (instructor led) training sessions can help you understand some of the basics of the game - and the instructors will move their ships to SHOW how this works, because there is a world of difference between watching some super unicum player do something on a video, and being able to do it yourself. I'm pretty sure that we're also going to need more targets umm I mean instructors, so if you have some time, please let me know and I'll get you the training materials and walk you through the drills. 

Very long winded, but something that's been getting worked on "behind the scenes" for a while now. If you want a preview there's a newly created "club" which will have the training sessions posted a week in advance. You can find it here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

That's because some of the worst creatures in the game play a ton of ranked for Free Stuff™ and player antagonism, and because a lot of people who couldn't handle randoms changes fled to ranked. Now, I don't like a lot of the shit-to-the-brain randoms changes either, but if you almost entirely stop playing randoms because you can't actually deal with them (though they made their way to ranked too eventually), that doesn't say a lot towards your adaptability and skill as a player.

Isn't the ranked system supposed to sort the players out so that the completely hopeless players like me don't get to mess up things for the better players in ranked. I've tried ranked and I lose more battles than I win. Like someone has said, 'I push the "W" key 4 times, and the "1' key twice, and click the left mouse button a lot, then KABOOM! stuff happens' and I get to press 'Battle On' once and the problem gets solved... as it were...

10 hours ago, Verblonde said:

What league? If its bronze, the behaviour is to be expected.

At least In silver/gold on Asia, you'll generally see decent play. Minus the occasional bronze trying to qualify.

17 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

No, I wont quit this game because of subs, CVs, not balanced ships, matchmaking, its because players are braindead to the bone. 7 min gameplay in a tier 10 battle!, at first 4 minutes we lost 5 ships, 5 ships just sailed straight and died! and after only 7min  game ended on point win! When you play against bots in COOP games last longer!

I just cant, I wont admit todays players, people, gamers are this bad... At first minute of the battle you can see baboons moving in places where they will die instantly and there is nothing you can do about it. Once I even tried to play new american CVs to put smoke to those poor souls, but they decided its better to leave smoke and die then stay in it hidden.

USE THIS POST TO LET OFF THE STEAM OF FRUSTRATION BECAUSE I KNOW YOU HAVE IT EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU PRESS BATTLE.

shot-24_03.31_19_00.18-0416.thumb.jpg.aeb6c95550a7136d4c472ec2aaeb594c.jpgshot-24_03.31_19_00.11-0816.thumb.jpg.439d8bbce15d5042ccf55ccd95c023d5.jpg

Few things...

• There's no subs in the game listed.
    • Absence of subs makes your post needing some meat...
  • Its a high tier match... For years we have asked WG for MORE BOOM! MORE EXPLOSIONS! MORE PENETRATIONS!
    • Now that we have it... Now everything sucks because, although we like BOOMS/Explosions and Penetrations... We dont like it when it happens to us.
  • Since WG and its platform is not a skill oriented game..
    • PRessing W and pressing the fire button is all you need for the chance to win.
      • This was proven by EU staff back in the day... You can challange them again and see how easy it is to play and win a WOWS match. With only the stipulation of pressing W and the fire button.
        • Now, there's more in play regarding winning and losing for which I'm not going into details.

If people wanted a skill based alternative... RTS CVs was close compared to the other ship selections. WG did away with it because we couldn't handle the skills needed to play RTS CVs.

Now we have Melatonin CVs.. No skill to delete ships at high tiers and only cause rage posts to exists.

Edited by Navalpride33

1 hour ago, Verytis said:

What league? If its bronze, the behaviour is to be expected.

Aye, it was Bronze; I don't have the skill to advance beyond it without investing more time than I feel I should sink into the endeavour.

I stick to Bronze on EU as well (usually anyway) for similar reasons. I only really noticed the difference this weekend as I was playing on both servers sequentially...

20 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Next match the red team may be the ones to lose 5 ships in the first 5 mins and you get to be the steam roller and red team is the pavement.  

This is true but for me it seems like a few days where I cant lose a game I can do nothing and we still win big. Then all of a sudden days go by and I cant win a game even though I play so much better then the losing games we still lose big.

Mind you it's not all the games there are some really fun close games sprinkled in there where I helped get the win or contributed to the loss. These are what keep me coming back. Just seems like these types of games are becoming more infrequent and leading to more frustration for the average player.

I know some people think this is an easy game but with the addition of many new gimmicks and subs the game has become increasingly hard to pick up. Feels like this leads to either instant death for the daring inexperienced player or back line and island hiding for the cautious casual players. 

Think WG should take a hard look at the way the game is set up it kind of forces players to play in a way that's not really fun. I guess you call it the meta. I understand the players are pretty bad but the way the game is itself is not really helping the problem. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 2