DD player as a CV player

SoshiSone

So, I was in a battle with may Mass last night.  Camped next to a block of land with good firing angles.  During the engaements kept noticing I was being spotted where the only position could be a red ship in an expanse of open ocean on my flank.  Had to be a DD.  But over time, I never saw any torps...no smoke...no guns.  Very passive spotting.  About halfway through the game, a red player comes up on chat and says they have a DD player that hasn't pushed beyond the C line.  At the same time, I see a Halford plane...and then everything clicked.  

Halford was hanging back and just running air.  Here's the end screen.  We lost:

1.thumb.jpg.b408dbeb95bebc8dcadf47c43b5f86d2.jpg

So...I jump in a game with Hannover, which I do from time to time for grins.  And there's this green Halford DD on our flank acting kinda screwy.  To the point one member on our team requests we report him.  I had the vague feeling...was this the same guy, but now on our team?  Sure enough, as the game progressed, this guy just runs his plane.  No DD play at all.  Just having fun flying his plane.  He does attack with it.  But no DD play at all.  Here's that end screen.  We won.

2.thumb.jpg.e30ff480c77af09c9b91436984ed8a37.jpg

I checked the name, and sure engough...the same player.  And the irony?  Two wins for Halford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4th to last each time too. 

if you survive every game and are getting 4th to last XP, it should tell you something. 

About what I expect from hybrid players though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mashed68 said:

4th to last each time too. 

if you survive every game and are getting 4th to last XP, it should tell you something. 

About what I expect from hybrid players though. 

Well, it tells me that they're better than 3 other people.  😉 

• Haha 1