Soo....do you hunt Pinata's?

Andrewbassg

Seems to be a mashup, between various past special modes. In essence is  convoy, spiced with special consumables in a brawl. The actual Pinata (so far) is a CV 14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif ( why oh why Wedgie, wazz the reasoning?? Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0)

Tbh It seems fun, tho subs are allowed.

• Like 3

Dude, seriously, I am the Pinata.

• Haha 5

Nope.

Edit: Not worth the time when all you can basically buy with the tokens is useless permanent camo. Now if they allowed us to sell the permanent camos for credits or something, then I might try a game or two. Like many things these days with the game... just not worth the time for such little rewards.

Edited by Colonel Potter
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Probably not, reward is joke.

I may give it a try just to see if grinding Kitakaze is ok there. But otherwise I am not bothered.

• Like 2

The big prize to be gotten with "Pinata tokens" seems to be hideous permanent camo.  🤮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The big prize to be gotten with "Pinata tokens" seems to be hideous permanent camo.  🤮

So... essentially, if you play this mode you wanna be careful not to complete it?...

• Haha 2

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... essentially, if you play this mode you wanna be careful not to complete it?...

I'll get the event flag.  Any tokens after that will sit unused, and hopefully will convert to silver once the event ends.

• Like 1

Haven’t checked the in-game rewards, which is usually what drives my decisions regarding these types of temporary modes. At least this mode allows you to play (and grind) your existing ships.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

Not worth the

Well, yes, but still.....

Pinata.png

Pinata2.png

Pinata3.png

Pinata4.png

And is 7v7.  Fun in a not so demanding way 

35 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Haven't played it.

If you plan to use CV's.....well the battles are usually ~10 mins, mostly under.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well, yes, but still.....

Pinata.png

Pinata2.png

Pinata3.png

Pinata4.png

And is 7v7.  Fun in a not so demanding way 

If you plan to use CV's.....well the battles are usually ~10 mins, mostly under.

Still not worth bothering with in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Seems to be a mashup, between various past special modes. In essence is  convoy, spiced with special consumables in a brawl. The actual Pinata (so far) is a CV 14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif ( why oh why Wedgie, wazz the reasoning?? Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0)

Tbh It seems fun, tho subs are allowed.

I've been playing in the Pinata Hunt mode for a handful of battles, this morning. 
I was just on the same team with @Fool_of_a_Took in my last battle.  
We were victorious.  Good game.  🙂 

So far I've played my I-56 Submarine in a game and a one game each with  my Kaga, Kaga-B and Shokaku.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

I think the Big prize here actually is the credits you can crank out in premium ships...  the games are pretty fast.. even losses pay fairly well.. at least with Benham.

• Like 3

The colors are vibrant but they are a bit too much. The sound effects can be annoying. I just had my first game in it—I destroyed the Pinata (an Essex with a shield that comes and goes), and the resulting effects were extravagantly excessive, as can be seen here:

image.thumb.png.1e801ba92803ff57a4cf5b7e96678e6e.png

• Like 3

I just sank a Pinata.  She was a Schleiffen in this particular game, while I was sailing my ARP Takao.  
The red-team defeated us, but it was a milestone moment for me, and a fun and friendly game overall.  🙂 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I just had my first game in it—I destroyed the Pinata (an Essex with a shield that comes and goes),

IIRC, the shield is actually a consumable used by the players.

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I am the Pinata.

You may have a propensity to be so 😁. On to topic, I like 'pinatas', especially when it is a horrid reworked CV on the enemy team & we (especially, I) can fill it full of holes & sink it. A CV Pinata (in randoms) is the most enjoyable pinata to wack & wack & wack ... 😄 😄 😄

Edited by Aethervox
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

So far I've played my I-56 Submarine in a game and a one game each with  my Kaga, Kaga-B and Shokaku.

Seinfeld Quote: "Oh you are a bad man, a very,very, bad man!"

• Haha 1

anyone have trouble laying mines??  i had 2 in stock.. the timer was over.. but i couldnt drop them? not sure why

9 minutes ago, Took said:

anyone have trouble laying mines??  i had 2 in stock.. the timer was over.. but i couldnt drop them? not sure why

I've had the game hesitate to drop smoke, too.  I figured it was a ping/lag phenomena.

• Like 1

I've played a few games.  As someone said, colors and effects are annoying.  The game gets boring fairly quickly.  Payout seems similar to Brawls with games lasting about the same.  Considering that the 'big' payout is a really lame camo I think I'll stay with Brawls.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've had the game hesitate to drop smoke, too.  I figured it was a ping/lag phenomena.

maybe its a module that can be broken??

7 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Nope.

Edit: Not worth the time when all you can basically buy with the tokens is useless permanent camo. Now if they allowed us to sell the permanent camos for credits or something, then I might try a game or two. Like many things these days with the game... just not worth the time for such little rewards.

This is my feeling as well ... I'm not a fan of cartoony perma camos so I have little desire to participate in the event.

I miss the old April Fools events like the ducks in the bathtub

• Like 3