Sidelined from WoWs a while…

Utt_Bugglier

Torn retina diagnosed mid-afternoon yesterday. Not detached. Repaired about two hours later, laser surgery.

No work, no reading, no computer gaming, or anything else with repeated eye movement for a week.

Good thing I have my model trains to run - they’re slow enough.

No more sparring with the Klitchko brothers, either - regardless of whether they’re serious about getting back in the ring, or just fooling around.

• Like 11
  • Sad 6

Ugh!  I am living with some ocular issues myself, but haven't needed that kind of work yet.  Rest up, and hope you are fully healed up and back fighting with us soon!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Torn retina diagnosed mid-afternoon yesterday. Not detached. Repaired about two hours later, laser surgery.

No work, no reading, no computer gaming, or anything else with repeated eye movement for a week.

No more sparring with the Klitchko brothers, either - regardless of whether they’re serious about getting back in the ring, or just fooling around.

Oof ... I'm glad it was just torn and not detached. You are very lucky! Any idea what caused the injury?

• Like 1

Remember to follow the doctor's orders to the letter. Get well soon, mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Remember to follow the doctor's orders to the letter. Get well soon, mate.

Funny thing, they didn’t provide me a list. I’ve now called twice.

2 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Oof ... I'm glad it was just torn and not detached. You are very lucky! Any idea what caused the injury?

Not really. I am genetically predisposed to retinal issues. Experienced some vision changes shortly after the turn of the year. My wife had some serious, unexpected cardiac issue arise over Christmas, and I had to give that priority for quite some time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Not really. I am genetically predisposed to retinal issues. Experienced some vision changes shortly after the turn of the year. My wife had some serious, unexpected cardiac issue arise over Christmas, and I had to give that priority for quite some time.

Usually after any eye surgery, anything stressful that raises your blood pressure is a no go. That means no lifting or anything even slightly heavy, for instance. I mean even something like a shopping bag.

• Like 1

@Utt_Bugglier Wish you a speedy recovery, mate! Do heed the good advice here, and get back only when it's safe. Audiobooks can be a good way to enjoy time together, BBC plays like the Paul Temple series are relaxing, too, if a tad daft. I believe some of them are on YouTube, now. All the best for your wife as well.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

That's horrible! I hope your wife is doing better now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Get well soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

get well soon mate 🫡

• Like 1

Praying for a smooth and robust recovery.

Enjoy some rest if you can.

• Like 1

Get well, @Utt_Bugglier.  My brother had the same surgery, and, knock on wood, he seems to have recovered pretty well.  Kind of scary just the same, so take it easy.  

• Like 1

While away your time listening to all the music you love. You are less likely to be bored out your mind that way. Play all the stuff you haven't listened to for a while.

• Like 2

Ugh that sounds awful, that would be a really long week for me as I'd be very tempted to game/read/watch movies. 

Hope it goes quickly and heals well. 

• Like 1

Get well soon and best wishes for your family.

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone, for the kind wishes. Frankly, after the dilation drops wore off that night, I was already able to see better than I had for weeks. 

Reading the forum for a couple of minutes on the cell.

Trying to watch anything on a computer monitor tires them out quick.

Nap time.

• Like 2

Hi all,

On 3/26/2024 at 6:22 PM, Utt_Bugglier said:

Best wishes!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1