USS Midway museum

Jagerbomb_2021

Next week, the family and I are headed to San Diego to watch our son graduate Marine Corp boot camp on the 5th. There will be a family affair, I'm assuming on base the day before.  We'll be getting there on the 1st to take in some of the sights. One day we're going to take the girls to Sea World, leaving us one other free day. I want to go see the museum and was wondering if any of you have been there? My wife wants to go to the beach for a couple of hours and I was wondering if it would be possible to take in both on the same day? I'm assuming 2-3 hours is enough time for the museum? Thanks. 

• Like 2

I would consider 2-3 hours as a minimum amount of time to visit the Midway, unless you already have been aboard other aircraft carriers.  There are several talks on the flight deck that are definitely worth the time.  There is a movie documenting the Battle of Midway, that you could skip if you're pressed for time.

Coronado has a nice beach not too far from the Midway, and you can take a walk around the historic Hotel Coronado.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1